E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > DC Metro Zaino Session



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-13-2006, 01:19 AM   #89
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
 
shimshimhada's Avatar
 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

Posts: 4,840
iTrader: (2)

Alright guys, the prices in the parenthesis are what the prices will probably be after these three weekends. It may be lower or higher, but it should be within a couple dollars of those prices.
shimshimhada is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-13-2006, 08:49 AM   #90
ase2dais
//Mdicted
 
ase2dais's Avatar
 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

Posts: 9,872
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
Shim
tentatively plan for a cabrio, if I arrive alive here in one piece.
.

Anyway I know I need a good claying treatment
+$15 ($30) - Claybar treatment and rewash
and exterior coats.
$55 ($70) - Full exterior; three coats**
(+$5 - Z8 substitute for Z6 between coat sprays)

thats a total of $70(+5)
I still think some discount applies for it doesnt have a roof, if dont dont agree let me
tramp you with my Spade card!!!
I like to apply the $10 senior citizen discount and good e90post membershp then

ps.
do you mind if I engine wash the engine before we start? Dont worry no heavy grease or oil is involved, just dust/dirt

Im thinking to tentatively schedule it on
July 22 (Sat) - 10:00AM to 9:00PM
if its no conlfict with those Driving Events Im schedule to go to.

Donny, Can you remind me When the Cobalt and Cadillacs Driving event days are?
ase2dais is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-13-2006, 08:53 AM   #91
KL2DC
Moderator
 
KL2DC's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DC Metro

Posts: 17,746
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to KL2DC
Ase...we're signed up on Sunday July 23 (for the R&T, C&D event) and Sunday, August 27 (RIU Racing HPDE).
__________________

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
KL2DC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-13-2006, 08:55 AM   #92
KL2DC
Moderator
 
KL2DC's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DC Metro

Posts: 17,746
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to KL2DC
Shim,

What date did I book? I'm too lazy to find that thread you put up with all the time slots. I have a suspicion I booked you for July 29/30 weekend but I just realized I will be in Vegas on those dates. Will reschedule for first available on August...I'd probably do a drop off at your place as I do not have sufficient facilities. Thanks.

Also, can you assist in debadging project?
__________________

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
KL2DC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-13-2006, 10:04 AM   #93
bavarian19
General
 
bavarian19's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA

Posts: 18,809
iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC
Ase...we're signed up on Sunday July 23 (for the R&T, C&D event) and Sunday, August 27 (RIU Racing HPDE).

I cant wait for the C&D car thrashing next weekend!!! I have that on saturday morning, and a wedding at night... its going to be a nice little saturday
bavarian19 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-13-2006, 11:49 AM   #94
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
 
shimshimhada's Avatar
 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

Posts: 4,840
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ase2dais
Shim
tentatively plan for a cabrio, if I arrive alive here in one piece.
.

Anyway I know I need a good claying treatment
+$15 ($30) - Claybar treatment and rewash
and exterior coats.
$55 ($70) - Full exterior; three coats**
(+$5 - Z8 substitute for Z6 between coat sprays)

thats a total of $70(+5)
I still think some discount applies for it doesnt have a roof, if dont dont agree let me
tramp you with my Spade card!!!
I like to apply the $10 senior citizen discount and good e90post membershp then

ps.
do you mind if I engine wash the engine before we start? Dont worry no heavy grease or oil is involved, just dust/dirt

Im thinking to tentatively schedule it on
July 22 (Sat) - 10:00AM to 9:00PM
if its no conlfict with those Driving Events Im schedule to go to.

Donny, Can you remind me When the Cobalt and Cadillacs Driving event days are?
Hey Al, yeah, I don't mind, I have a separate MF mitt for the engine if you need one. As for it being a vert, you just wash it the same way, albeit without the need to clay and seal. I actually ordered some RaggTopp Fabric Treatment for Verts, and it should be here this Friday. I don't know what kind of a condition the roof is going to be in, but if it needs a reconditioning. I'll be offering that service at a low price (maybe for free in place of not having to clay/wax the roof).
shimshimhada is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-13-2006, 11:50 AM   #95
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
 
shimshimhada's Avatar
 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

Posts: 4,840
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC
Shim,

What date did I book? I'm too lazy to find that thread you put up with all the time slots. I have a suspicion I booked you for July 29/30 weekend but I just realized I will be in Vegas on those dates. Will reschedule for first available on August...I'd probably do a drop off at your place as I do not have sufficient facilities. Thanks.

Also, can you assist in debadging project?
Yeah, you booked for 29/30. August 5/6 is the earliest August.
shimshimhada is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-13-2006, 11:56 AM   #96
KL2DC
Moderator
 
KL2DC's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DC Metro

Posts: 17,746
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to KL2DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
Yeah, you booked for 29/30. August 5/6 is the earliest August.
Ok pls book me for that weekend (August 5/6)...I'd do it the weekend before 29/30 but its my birthday weekend (same reasoning as cited by AJ also applies ). Again, will do a drop off (will stick around for a bit to help out).

I have some fine scratches that might need attention....
__________________

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
KL2DC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-13-2006, 11:58 AM   #97
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
 
shimshimhada's Avatar
 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

Posts: 4,840
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC
Ok pls book me for that weekend (August 5/6)...I'd do it the weekend before 29/30 but its my birthday weekend (same reasoning as cited by AJ also applies ). Again, will do a drop off (will stick around for a bit to help out).

I have some fine scratches that might need attention....
I will have mastered the use of the PC by then. I'm getting all my PC-accessories delivered tomorrow, and I'm picking up the 7336 at Lowes today. Provided I don't lazy-out. Is your wife going to come in the Civic?
shimshimhada is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-13-2006, 12:07 PM   #98
bavarian19
General
 
bavarian19's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA

Posts: 18,809
iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
I will have mastered the use of the PC by then. I'm getting all my PC-accessories delivered tomorrow, and I'm picking up the 7336 at Lowes today. Provided I don't lazy-out. Is your wife going to come in the Civic?

weather is still looking good tomorrow... what time do you want to start???
bavarian19 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-13-2006, 12:13 PM   #99
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
 
shimshimhada's Avatar
 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

Posts: 4,840
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19
weather is still looking good tomorrow... what time do you want to start???
When do you wake up?
shimshimhada is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-13-2006, 12:16 PM   #100
bavarian19
General
 
bavarian19's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA

Posts: 18,809
iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
When do you wake up?

7 am today...


can we say 9 or do you want to start earlier???
bavarian19 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-13-2006, 12:18 PM   #101
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
 
shimshimhada's Avatar
 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

Posts: 4,840
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19
7 am today...


can we say 9 or do you want to start earlier???
How late can I finish? I have to pick up a friend at 10AM (or 9 if he arrives earlier), he can help me out, since Donny has work.
shimshimhada is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-13-2006, 01:08 PM   #102
KL2DC
Moderator
 
KL2DC's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DC Metro

Posts: 17,746
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to KL2DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19
I cant wait for the C&D car thrashing next weekend!!!
Yep me too...I have a pair of Piloti shoes I've yet to use
__________________

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
KL2DC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-13-2006, 01:14 PM   #103
KL2DC
Moderator
 
KL2DC's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DC Metro

Posts: 17,746
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to KL2DC
Shim: You'll have adequate opportunity to play with your PC on my car. The microscratches are very small though, I may be overstating them...I seem to have gotten a case of the OCD from AJ

I'd stay for a bit, when I drop off my car but pretty much I'll let you have it for as long as you need. You'd probably feel more comfortable working at your own pace without an overbearing owner looking over your shoulder (not pointing fingers at AJ, here ).

Actually the civic needs lots of attention (definitely claybarring and heavy buffing required) but we'll save that for another day.
__________________

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
KL2DC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-13-2006, 01:27 PM   #104
BK
Smiling politely
 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Washington DC

Posts: 7,907
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC
Yep me too...I have a pair of Piloti shoes I've yet to use
Did either of you get anything in the (snail) mail? I thought the website said I'd be getting some sort of confirmation package in the mail prior to the event. Still a ways away, but I was just wondering.
__________________

330i | Black Sapphire | Beige + Burl | Sport | Premium | Cold | Nav | CA | Sat prep
BK is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-13-2006, 01:29 PM   #105
KL2DC
Moderator
 
KL2DC's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DC Metro

Posts: 17,746
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to KL2DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK
Did either of you get anything in the (snail) mail? I thought the website said I'd be getting some sort of confirmation package in the mail prior to the event. Still a ways away, but I was just wondering.
Nothing yet...but in my past experience with most ride n' drive events, I hardly get anything before the event but loads after (follow up marketing stuff).
__________________

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
KL2DC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-13-2006, 02:19 PM   #106
bavarian19
General
 
bavarian19's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA

Posts: 18,809
iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
How late can I finish? I have to pick up a friend at 10AM (or 9 if he arrives earlier), he can help me out, since Donny has work.

I can say 2-3 as a late finish... i can hold off until 10-11 if you want...
bavarian19 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-13-2006, 02:21 PM   #107
bavarian19
General
 
bavarian19's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA

Posts: 18,809
iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC
Nothing yet...but in my past experience with most ride n' drive events, I hardly get anything before the event but loads after (follow up marketing stuff).

Do you know if the cars we are driving are manuals? I would really hope that they are not, but then again... its someone elses car...
bavarian19 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-13-2006, 02:21 PM   #108
bavarian19
General
 
bavarian19's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA

Posts: 18,809
iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC
Yep me too...I have a pair of Piloti shoes I've yet to use

Eh... ill be rocking shorts/tshirt and running shoes probably... Now that I dont have to get dressed up for work, I like to scrub around...
bavarian19 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-13-2006, 03:01 PM   #109
KL2DC
Moderator
 
KL2DC's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DC Metro

Posts: 17,746
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to KL2DC
AJ, for this upcoming event, I am about 100% positive the cars would all be slushmatics....in the past years' events, I have yet to encounter a manual car short of mazda's last year's performance challenge. The RIU might be manual cars just like Mazda's series that ended last year.

I take my HPDEs seriously I've never owned racing shoes before and I got these Pilotis courtesy of an attentive wife I have a pair of broken in and worn out mocs which I swore were the best shoes for driving, so much tactile/sensitivity in your feet. But I am looking forward to finally wearing these shoes. So far they've only seen Gran Turismo 4 duty (I have a rig with the DFP wheel)
Attached Images
 
__________________

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
KL2DC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-13-2006, 03:04 PM   #110
KL2DC
Moderator
 
KL2DC's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DC Metro

Posts: 17,746
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to KL2DC
Its funny how we alway veer precariously off topic...why do we even bother with these specialized threads, they all boil down to a general chat thread after a while

__________________

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
KL2DC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST