E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > [silly question] question about assistance window?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-04-2009, 07:56 PM   #1
jay711
New Member
3

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: California


Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

[silly question] question about assistance window?

right now i have a entertainment screen on my left screen and map showing on my smaller screen(right)

is it possible to have them switched?
i want the map showing on the left(this i can figure it out)
and i want the entertaintment screen on my assistance window(this is
the part i can't figure it out) only shows map only...
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2009, 09:29 PM   #2
RonRed89
Private
6

 
Drives: 09 335xi CPE
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH


Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay711 View Post
right now i have a entertainment screen on my left screen and map showing on my smaller screen(right)

is it possible to have them switched?
i want the map showing on the left(this i can figure it out)
and i want the entertaintment screen on my assistance window(this is
the part i can't figure it out) only shows map only...
You can do this with the new idrive by saying the following:

Map on
Split Screen
Entertainment Details

That will give you the current track on the right side of the split screen and your map on the left.

Ron
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2009, 09:31 PM   #3
jay711
New Member
3

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: California


Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Thanks Ron~
but i have a 2008 model
does it work on 08 model?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRed89 View Post
You can do this with the new idrive by saying the following:

Map on
Split Screen
Entertainment Details

That will give you the current track on the right side of the split screen and your map on the left.

Ron
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2009, 10:26 PM   #4
Kilgore Trout
Chicks dig wagons!
30

 
Kilgore Trout's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E91
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Where you can see through the people, but not the air (i.e., Los Angeles!)


Posts: 1,375
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay711 View Post
Thanks Ron~
but i have a 2008 model
does it work on 08 model?
Sadly, what you are asking for can not be done on the Idrive in the 2008.
__________________
E91 Montego Blue gray leather burl walnut , Idrive, PDC, Logic7, CA, Sirius, xenons, 6FL, ZPP, heated seats, 17" tires.

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST