E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Wheels and Tires Items > TPMS Question



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-11-2009, 08:14 PM   #1
Style 162's
0
Registered
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)

TPMS Question

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None
Item Interest
Can the TPMS sensors be used on aftermarket rims? Could they be recycled from OEM wheels?
Advice is appreciated, thanks!

Style 162's is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2009, 08:22 PM   #2
Jz
20
Colonel
 
Jz's Avatar
 
Drives: F15 X5 50i / F10 535i LCI
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Socal

Posts: 2,061
iTrader: (18)

depends on what kind of wheels, although most will accept them, there are a few exceptions
__________________
Current- '15 BMW F15 X5 xDrive50i
Current- '14 BMW F10 535i -- Remus w/ M5 Diffuser | 3D Design & Remus | BBS CH-R w/ H&R
Retired- '08 BMW E90 335i -- F12 M-Sport + Akrapovic | BBS LM | Advan RS + Remus Race | BBS CH + Vanguard
Jz is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2009, 08:22 PM   #3
Tommiexboi
3
Mod whore
 
Tommiexboi's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 2011 M3
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles

Posts: 399
iTrader: (4)

^ yes, majority will fit.. like 98% of them... i wouldn't know the other 2%..
__________________
E46 2000 328i - Sold ( what started my obsession )
E60 2000 M5 - Sold
E90 2008 335i - Sold
E93 2011 M3 - Current (love it!!)
Tommiexboi is offline   South Korea
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2009, 08:25 PM   #4
stimpy
21
Colonel
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Phoenix AZ

Posts: 2,143
iTrader: (7)

Just be aware...

If you are ordering new wheels with tires mounted from the same place - just buy TPMS from them. A tire shop will charge you the same amount or more to move your TPMS from your 4 wheels to your new ones.
stimpy is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2009, 08:28 PM   #5
Jz
20
Colonel
 
Jz's Avatar
 
Drives: F15 X5 50i / F10 535i LCI
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Socal

Posts: 2,061
iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
Just be aware...

If you are ordering new wheels with tires mounted from the same place - just buy TPMS from them. A tire shop will charge you the same amount or more to move your TPMS from your 4 wheels to your new ones.
+1, and your stock wheels will sell for more if you leave the tpms on
__________________
Current- '15 BMW F15 X5 xDrive50i
Current- '14 BMW F10 535i -- Remus w/ M5 Diffuser | 3D Design & Remus | BBS CH-R w/ H&R
Retired- '08 BMW E90 335i -- F12 M-Sport + Akrapovic | BBS LM | Advan RS + Remus Race | BBS CH + Vanguard
Jz is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2009, 08:50 PM   #6
ultimate
17
Lieutenant Colonel
 
ultimate's Avatar
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 1,785
iTrader: (0)

i actually have a tpms question too. do you guys know by how much psi will trigger the check tire warning on the dash?
ultimate is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST