E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Wheels and Tires Items > TPMS Question



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-11-2009, 08:14 PM   #1
Style 162's
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

TPMS Question

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None
Item Interest
Can the TPMS sensors be used on aftermarket rims? Could they be recycled from OEM wheels?
Advice is appreciated, thanks!

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 08:22 PM   #2
Jz
Colonel
Jz's Avatar
68
Rep
2,064
Posts

 
Drives: F15 X5 50i / F10 535i LCI
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Socal

iTrader: (18)

depends on what kind of wheels, although most will accept them, there are a few exceptions
__________________
Current- '15 BMW F15 X5 xDrive50i
Current- '14 BMW F10 535i -- Remus w/ M5 Diffuser | 3D Design & Remus | BBS CH-R w/ H&R
Retired- '08 BMW E90 335i -- F12 M-Sport + Akrapovic | BBS LM | Advan RS + Remus Race | BBS CH + Vanguard
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 08:22 PM   #3
Tommiexboi
Mod whore
Tommiexboi's Avatar
South Korea
9
Rep
399
Posts

 
Drives: E93 2011 M3
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles

iTrader: (4)

^ yes, majority will fit.. like 98% of them... i wouldn't know the other 2%..
__________________
E46 2000 328i - Sold ( what started my obsession )
E60 2000 M5 - Sold
E90 2008 335i - Sold
E93 2011 M3 - Current (love it!!)
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 08:25 PM   #4
stimpy
Colonel
38
Rep
2,149
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Phoenix AZ

iTrader: (7)

Just be aware...

If you are ordering new wheels with tires mounted from the same place - just buy TPMS from them. A tire shop will charge you the same amount or more to move your TPMS from your 4 wheels to your new ones.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 08:28 PM   #5
Jz
Colonel
Jz's Avatar
68
Rep
2,064
Posts

 
Drives: F15 X5 50i / F10 535i LCI
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Socal

iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
Just be aware...

If you are ordering new wheels with tires mounted from the same place - just buy TPMS from them. A tire shop will charge you the same amount or more to move your TPMS from your 4 wheels to your new ones.
+1, and your stock wheels will sell for more if you leave the tpms on
__________________
Current- '15 BMW F15 X5 xDrive50i
Current- '14 BMW F10 535i -- Remus w/ M5 Diffuser | 3D Design & Remus | BBS CH-R w/ H&R
Retired- '08 BMW E90 335i -- F12 M-Sport + Akrapovic | BBS LM | Advan RS + Remus Race | BBS CH + Vanguard
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 08:50 PM   #6
ultimate
Lieutenant Colonel
ultimate's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
1,785
Posts

 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

i actually have a tpms question too. do you guys know by how much psi will trigger the check tire warning on the dash?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST