E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > IDrive upgrade?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-20-2009, 09:46 AM   #1
cfarq330
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
47
Posts

 
Drives: AW 2006 E90 330i Sport
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

IDrive upgrade?

Can you update 2006 IDrive to the newer versions with a software update or is the hardware actually different? I basically want smart phone integration.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 09:48 AM   #2
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
canucklion's Avatar
Canada
110
Rep
10,454
Posts

 
Drives: circles around you
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (9)

If you had searched, you would've easily realized that the hardware is different.

Please kindly search next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfarq330 View Post
Can you update 2006 IDrive to the newer versions with a software update or is the hardware actually different? I basically want smart phone integration.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 09:51 AM   #3
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
Zirenz2006's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
3,262
Posts

 
Drives: 12' F30 328i Sport Line
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: US - RI

iTrader: (0)

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 09:58 AM   #4
ragingclue
One cam is enough
ragingclue's Avatar
87
Rep
6,815
Posts

 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

iTrader: (1)

Hardware is different.

I've seen this topic quite a few times already.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 10:08 AM   #5
cfarq330
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
47
Posts

 
Drives: AW 2006 E90 330i Sport
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion View Post
If you had searched, you would've easily realized that the hardware is different.

Please kindly search next time.
That blows!!!


So the forum should be treated as a wiki and not a place to discuss different things such as solutions, work arounds, and such. Got it

Gotta love search trollers if only methodtim would chime in this thread would be complete.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 10:14 AM   #6
ragingclue
One cam is enough
ragingclue's Avatar
87
Rep
6,815
Posts

 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

iTrader: (1)

No actually I enjoy responding to the same questions day in and day out. It makes me feel like an expert of sorts....
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 10:15 AM   #7
cfarq330
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
47
Posts

 
Drives: AW 2006 E90 330i Sport
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
No actually I enjoy responding to the same questions day in and day out. It makes me feel like an expert of sorts....
Who said you had to respond? Did someone put a gun to your head?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 10:18 AM   #8
ragingclue
One cam is enough
ragingclue's Avatar
87
Rep
6,815
Posts

 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfarq330 View Post
Who said you had to respond? Did someone put a gun to your head?
No one. No. Any more questions?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 10:18 AM   #9
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
canucklion's Avatar
Canada
110
Rep
10,454
Posts

 
Drives: circles around you
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (9)

Here are two threads discussing the feasibility of retrofitting new IDrive into older cars with the old IDrive version

Upgrading 2008 E92 iDrive to latest version (2009+)

Next GEN I-DRIVE Retrofit

And here's a retrofit thread on retrofitting I-Drive into non-I-Drive equipped cars
I-Drive Navigation Retrofit

So STFU before you start mouthing off again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfarq330 View Post
That blows!!!


So the forum should be treated as a wiki and not a place to discuss different things such as solutions, work arounds, and such. Got it

Gotta love search trollers if only methodtim would chime in this thread would be complete.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 10:20 AM   #10
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
canucklion's Avatar
Canada
110
Rep
10,454
Posts

 
Drives: circles around you
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (9)

And don't get me started on your other thread - Air Vent Temp controls? asking what that knurled knob between the vents is for. That information is located in the Owner's Manual.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 10:25 AM   #11
mbmbm&w
6407-5
mbmbm&w's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
145
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E91 Montego Blue & Terra
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cottage City, MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfarq330 View Post
. . . software update or is the hardware actually different?

Just so this isn't a total waste - on a related subject. I'm gay and thinking about switching over. Is this just a software update or is the hardware actually different? (I did check my owner's manual and it's not in there.)

__________________

My other car is a '64 Rambler American 440 Convertible.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 10:27 AM   #12
ragingclue
One cam is enough
ragingclue's Avatar
87
Rep
6,815
Posts

 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmbm&w View Post
Just so this isn't a total waste - on a related subject. I'm gay and thinking about switching over. Is this just a software update or is the hardware actually different? (I did check my owner's manual and it's not in there.)



Maybe the OP would be able to answer that one.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 10:32 AM   #13
JaysBlueE92
Mr. Monaco
JaysBlueE92's Avatar
United_States
51
Rep
4,041
Posts

 
Drives: Slow..
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 E92  [2.50]
Man I love this board
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 10:35 AM   #14
cfarq330
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
47
Posts

 
Drives: AW 2006 E90 330i Sport
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion View Post
And don't get me started on your other thread - Air Vent Temp controls? asking what that knurled knob between the vents is for. That information is located in the Owner's Manual.
Little man syndrome strikes again. Sorry for your misfortunes.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 10:36 AM   #15
cfarq330
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
47
Posts

 
Drives: AW 2006 E90 330i Sport
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post


Maybe the OP would be able to answer that one.
You sir are a ***.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 10:40 AM   #16
ragingclue
One cam is enough
ragingclue's Avatar
87
Rep
6,815
Posts

 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfarq330 View Post
You sir are a ***.
...you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down...
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 11:03 AM   #17
cfarq330
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
47
Posts

 
Drives: AW 2006 E90 330i Sport
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
...you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down...


You can see me? Damn peeping toms. How many fingers am I holding up?

Hint - 10 minus 9
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 11:07 AM   #18
ragingclue
One cam is enough
ragingclue's Avatar
87
Rep
6,815
Posts

 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfarq330 View Post
You can see me? Damn peeping toms. How many fingers am I holding up?

Hint - 10 minus 9
Well that's a trick question.... The answer would normally be "1" but does it really count when it's in your own butt?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 11:10 AM   #19
cfarq330
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
47
Posts

 
Drives: AW 2006 E90 330i Sport
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Well that's a trick question.... The answer would normally be "1" but does it really count when it's in your own butt?
That's kinky
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 11:19 AM   #20
mbmbm&w
6407-5
mbmbm&w's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
145
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E91 Montego Blue & Terra
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cottage City, MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post


Maybe the OP would be able to answer that one.
OP = ?

And lets not get vulgar.
__________________

My other car is a '64 Rambler American 440 Convertible.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 11:34 AM   #21
cfarq330
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
47
Posts

 
Drives: AW 2006 E90 330i Sport
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmbm&w View Post
OP = ?

And lets not get vulgar.
I'm not sure on that one. You should ask ragingclue as he is a part of that community and has had more gay experiences than an Elton John groupie.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 12:40 PM   #22
ragingclue
One cam is enough
ragingclue's Avatar
87
Rep
6,815
Posts

 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfarq330 View Post
I'm not sure on that one. You should ask ragingclue as he is a part of that community and has had more gay experiences than an Elton John groupie.
I really hope it didn't take you too much time to come up with that one.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST