E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Another - Zsp springs on xi my review

07-13-2015, 03:13 PM   #1
paco89
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi Arktis Metallic

Another - Zsp springs on xi my review

I join the group of people that did this inexpensive swap to their e90 xi cars. For months I was looking for the best option to get a very minimal and mild drop on my car. After hours of research I landed on Zsp springs. Hoping this will help anyone out there that is currently on a similar situation. There is a ton of useful info on e90post which helped me make my decision. My goals were to have a very mild drop on the car and better handling without going out of my way with expenses. What i did, I looked at springs (H&R, Eibach, Swift, even Megan Racing) They all offer a great product (not sure about Swift and M.R, not many reviews) but i was looking for an even less aggressive drop without having to upgrade all my suspension or going with coil over setup. From what i have seen, Eibach offers the least drop followed by H&R, keeping in mind, you most likely want to upgrade shocks and bump stops as well. My last option was to just get a set of used Zsp springs (off a sports package "i" e90) Looked around and found (D7 fronts and D5 rears). From reviews, people would rather go (D6 or even D5 in the front and D5 or D4 in the rears) to get a nicer drop and get rid of the so called "rake". It is important to match your current stock spring number to the upgraded number. Example; if you currently have C7 fronts and C5 Rears, then the upgrade can be D7 fronts and D5 rears. At the same time, I read of people going with different springs regardless if it matched their current spring setup. Also read about upgrading my bumpstops with e36 m3 fronts and z4 or trimmed rear ones is important; although I did not mess with mine (no issues as of yet known keeping my stock ones). Overall, I would say the drop is very minimal and I see why people go with Ex; D6 instead of D7 in front. In the rear, I like the drop i got with the D5 springs, I will take measurements and post them soon. For now I will say, I am satisfied, all 4 corners drop, more the rear than the front, the handling is great (haven't tested it enough yet) And although i think the springs are now seated since they have 20k on them (used) I will wait a week to see if it drops even more (doubt it). Also get it aligned after 2 weeks. The rake looks does continue (not as much), I did not mess with any perches or anything else, this was just a straight spring change.

Notes:
Zsp from a 330i e90 D7 & D5
My car 2006 325xi
Cost for springs $135 shipped used
Sources - e90post mainly + google.
Rate on expectation - 9 (since i knew what to expect)
Do i recommend?
Yes - If you want a minimal drop and a slight increase in handling for an affordable price.
My wheel specs - VMR V715 245/40/19 Fronts 275/35/19 Rears (tall tires)
How it rides? Excellent so far
Any rubbing? - None so far, rode with 3 people and nothing yet.
Potholes? - Haven't gone through major ones, little ones no problem.

Not telling you to go ahead and do as I did. Keep in mind, this is only my opinion on the results i obtained and the research i previously did. My information may not be 100% accurate.

Sorry the pics are not the greatest, will get better ones. Last pic is my old setup.
Attached Images