E90Post
 


E92 Lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Jack!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #45
doughboy
Major General
 
doughboy's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 335i Sold.
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK

Posts: 6,370
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penyfan1960 View Post
BMW E90 Car Jack Part No. B71.10.6.773.536

A nice bit of kit.
Cost me 86.09 less 5% discount plus VAT = 94.06
from Stephen James, Bromley, Kent

Cheers!
Try 71106773536, might not confuse the parts man as much!!!
doughboy is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2009, 02:34 AM   #46
Penyfan1960
Trooper
 
Penyfan1960's Avatar
 
Drives: 320D M-Sport Le Mans Blue
Join Date: May 2009
Location: S E London

Posts: 174
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Try 71106773536, might not confuse the parts man as much!!!
I am just repeating B71.10.6.773.536 as on the BMW Sales Invoice!!!
Penyfan1960 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2009, 04:02 AM   #47
JLR1969
Brigadier General
 
JLR1969's Avatar
 
Drives: Ford GT Lawn Tractor
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somerset

Posts: 3,395
iTrader: (1)

Buy a jack from EBAY. Same as the E46 should only cost about 25
JLR1969 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2009, 04:39 AM   #48
nottsE90
Private
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nottingham

Posts: 52
iTrader: (1)

anyone know where i can get a space saver wheel from? will the e46 space saver fit a e90 saloon?

cheers
nottsE90 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2009, 08:11 AM   #49
Penyfan1960
Trooper
 
Penyfan1960's Avatar
 
Drives: 320D M-Sport Le Mans Blue
Join Date: May 2009
Location: S E London

Posts: 174
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR1969 View Post
Buy a jack from EBAY. Same as the E46 should only cost about 25
Don't forget, when you buy the BMW Jack, as a kit you get:-

1)Scissor jack
2) Rachet lever
3) Torque wrench for the wheel nuts
4) Plastic gloves
5) Wheel chock
6) Crayon for marking wheel
7) Carry case
8) Instructions

I would reckon quite good value!

Cheers!
Penyfan1960 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2009, 09:10 AM   #50
JLR1969
Brigadier General
 
JLR1969's Avatar
 
Drives: Ford GT Lawn Tractor
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somerset

Posts: 3,395
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penyfan1960 View Post
Don't forget, when you buy the BMW Jack, as a kit you get:-

1)Scissor jack - 25 Ebay
2) Rachet lever - 6 Halfords
3) Torque wrench for the wheel nuts - You dont really need one
4) Plastic gloves - Free from any forecourt
5) Wheel chock - Use the handbrake
6) Crayon for marking wheel - Whats the point
7) Carry case - Very nice but not really needed
8) Instructions - If you dont know then you should not be driving

I would reckon quite good value! - 95 from BMW a total rip off as is the norm

Cheers!
Just my opinion
JLR1969 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2009, 09:19 AM   #51
nottsE90
Private
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nottingham

Posts: 52
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR1969 View Post
Buy a jack from EBAY. Same as the E46 should only cost about 25
hi mate, will this one fit an e90?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

cheers
nottsE90 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2009, 09:29 AM   #52
Hotcoupe
Major General
 
Hotcoupe's Avatar
 
Drives: Don't know yet!
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 6,098
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nottsE90 View Post
hi mate, will this one fit an e90?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

cheers
If the E90 shares the same jacking blocks as the E92, which I would think they do, than yes.

You could also ring David Powell @

http://www.fabdirect.com/index02.htm

I bought my E46 jack from them for 15.00 + vat, inc delivery
Hotcoupe is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2009, 09:51 AM   #53
nottsE90
Private
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nottingham

Posts: 52
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
If the E90 shares the same jacking blocks as the E92, which I would think they do, than yes.

You could also ring David Powell @

http://www.fabdirect.com/index02.htm

I bought my E46 jack from them for 15.00 + vat, inc delivery
i'll give them a ring, cheers Hotcoupe.
nottsE90 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2009, 11:13 AM   #54
JLR1969
Brigadier General
 
JLR1969's Avatar
 
Drives: Ford GT Lawn Tractor
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somerset

Posts: 3,395
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottsE90 View Post
hi mate, will this one fit an e90?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

cheers
Yes it will.
JLR1969 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2009, 11:18 AM   #55
Penyfan1960
Trooper
 
Penyfan1960's Avatar
 
Drives: 320D M-Sport Le Mans Blue
Join Date: May 2009
Location: S E London

Posts: 174
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR1969 View Post
Just my opinion
I don't think your opinion is worth very much.
You spend thousands on a BMW (I assume your's is not a clapped out banger) and yet you propose that one should run around and get an assortment of parts rather than the genuine article.
Suggest your motor should really be a Ford or Vauxhall.
You are out of your depth man!
Penyfan1960 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2009, 11:24 AM   #56
nottsE90
Private
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nottingham

Posts: 52
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR1969 View Post
Yes it will.
cheers JLR1969
nottsE90 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2009, 03:03 PM   #57
JLR1969
Brigadier General
 
JLR1969's Avatar
 
Drives: Ford GT Lawn Tractor
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somerset

Posts: 3,395
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penyfan1960 View Post
I don't think your opinion is worth very much.
You spend thousands on a BMW (I assume your's is not a clapped out banger) and yet you propose that one should run around and get an assortment of parts rather than the genuine article.
Suggest your motor should really be a Ford or Vauxhall.
You are out of your depth man!
Thanks Man!

The jack is genuine the rest of the bits are not really necessary except the wheel brace, obviously.

People seem happy to be blatantly ripped of in the name off buying anything just for the sake of saying its 'Genuine BMW' I appreciate genuine parts are needed in instances such as pads, filters etc but 95 for a jack in a fancy bag with some coloured crayons and a glove is daylight robbery.

Happy to spend a lot of money on a quality car, not happy to be taken from behind by a main dealer when buying certain spares.
JLR1969 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2009, 03:44 PM   #58
doughboy
Major General
 
doughboy's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 335i Sold.
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK

Posts: 6,370
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR1969 View Post
Thanks Man!

The jack is genuine the rest of the bits are not really necessary except the wheel brace, obviously.

People seem happy to be blatantly ripped of in the name off buying anything just for the sake of saying its 'Genuine BMW' I appreciate genuine parts are needed in instances such as pads, filters etc but 95 for a jack in a fancy bag with some coloured crayons and a glove is daylight robbery.

Happy to spend a lot of money on a quality car, not happy to be taken from behind by a main dealer when buying certain spares.
You're missing the point JLR, it's not that the jack is 'genuine BMW' its just a really nice little OEM Kit. And it is a quality jack as is your car a quality one. As you would buy BMW floor mats for example ( I hope).

The jack is the best quality / easiest action scissor jack i've ever used and the ratchet handle works great.

The torque wrench is actually a genius essential item and IMO should be a legally required part of any jack kit.

For less than a meal out its nice little pack.
doughboy is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2009, 04:53 PM   #59
acerboo
Brigadier General
 
Drives: e92 335d lci
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: kent

Posts: 3,616
iTrader: (2)

totally agree, i also carry an electric pump in case of a puncture in the hope that reflating the tyre will prevent any unecessary damage
acerboo is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2009, 05:59 AM   #60
Penyfan1960
Trooper
 
Penyfan1960's Avatar
 
Drives: 320D M-Sport Le Mans Blue
Join Date: May 2009
Location: S E London

Posts: 174
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerboo View Post
totally agree, I also carry an electric pump in case of a puncture in the hope that reflating the tyre will prevent any unecessary damage
An electric pump? That's a good idea over a foot pump.
My present foot pump seems to take 30 pumps for one psi! I think I need to change.
acerboo, is there a particular pump you can recommend?
Thanks & cheers!
Penyfan1960 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2009, 08:14 AM   #61
doughboy
Major General
 
doughboy's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 335i Sold.
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK

Posts: 6,370
iTrader: (2)

I bought small leccy pump from halfords which is a high speed one (3.5 mins from flat) and has a digital pressure readout that you can set the STOP pressure.

Just set it to 35psi (or Bar or KPa) and it will run to that pressure, then you can check with your proper gauge afterwards.

I have found the reading to be spot on with my 1% accuracy mechanical gauge.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165703

It easily fits in the boot side compartment.
doughboy is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2009, 09:09 AM   #62
JLR1969
Brigadier General
 
JLR1969's Avatar
 
Drives: Ford GT Lawn Tractor
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somerset

Posts: 3,395
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
You're missing the point JLR, it's not that the jack is 'genuine BMW' its just a really nice little OEM Kit. And it is a quality jack as is your car a quality one. As you would buy BMW floor mats for example ( I hope).

The jack is the best quality / easiest action scissor jack i've ever used and the ratchet handle works great.

The torque wrench is actually a genius essential item and IMO should be a legally required part of any jack kit.

For less than a meal out its nice little pack.
I see your point doughboy, the jacks from ebay are exactly the same as the ones in the 95 kit(they are genuine BMW jacks) . I just think all of the extra bits(gloves, bag, crayon) are not worth the extra 65.

Horses for courses.
JLR1969 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2009, 05:48 AM   #63
Penyfan1960
Trooper
 
Penyfan1960's Avatar
 
Drives: 320D M-Sport Le Mans Blue
Join Date: May 2009
Location: S E London

Posts: 174
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottsE90 View Post
hi mate, will this one fit an e90?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

cheers
Please note that the above jack is a single screw jack and I would suggest designed for a lighter motor than the E90 series.
The jack in BMW kit No. B71.10.6.773.536 is as recommended by BMW for the E90 series. It is a true scissor jack with two lead screws which would mean less effort in lifting the load and less stress on the jack. Also the load will be lifted in a true vertical line unlike the E46 jack.
I personally would not recommend an E46 jack for use with the E90.
Penyfan1960 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2009, 05:58 AM   #64
Penyfan1960
Trooper
 
Penyfan1960's Avatar
 
Drives: 320D M-Sport Le Mans Blue
Join Date: May 2009
Location: S E London

Posts: 174
iTrader: (0)

Thanks doughboy for the info on the compressor
Penyfan1960 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2009, 08:48 AM   #65
JLR1969
Brigadier General
 
JLR1969's Avatar
 
Drives: Ford GT Lawn Tractor
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somerset

Posts: 3,395
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penyfan1960 View Post
Please note that the above jack is a single screw jack and I would suggest designed for a lighter motor than the E90 series.
The jack in BMW kit No. B71.10.6.773.536 is as recommended by BMW for the E90 series. It is a true scissor jack with two lead screws which would mean less effort in lifting the load and less stress on the jack. Also the load will be lifted in a true vertical line unlike the E46 jack.
I personally would not recommend an E46 jack for use with the E90.
How much heavier is an E46 compared to an E90?
JLR1969 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2009, 09:23 AM   #66
Hotcoupe
Major General
 
Hotcoupe's Avatar
 
Drives: Don't know yet!
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 6,098
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR1969 View Post
How much heavier is an E46 compared to an E90?
The E46 is a heavier car than the E90/92, so dispels Penyfans statement:

"Please note that the above jack is a single screw jack and I would suggest designed for a lighter motor than the E90 series."

The suggestion is non sensical as the jack was provided by BMW as standard kit in the E46, along with a spacesaver wheel.

I'm sure the kit from BMW is great, but 95.00 seems a bit much to pay when with the exception of the jack, most people have all the other bits provided with the kit already to hand.

I must get some crayons!
Hotcoupe is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST