E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Anyone in Brooklyn/Staten Island...

03-27-2009, 06:25 PM   #23
Bogo Shipyo
Colonel

Drives: 335i coupe

hahahah hope you didnt break the tab and drive safely
      03-27-2009, 06:27 PM   #24
Dmitriy@AUTOcouture
Major

Drives: carefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
Lol, so how is it?
Jon... I can't believe I didn't get this sooner (at least the SSTT). Its like I've awoken a beast.

Its definitely faster, I'm chirping in 2nd gear like its nothing. I think it will take a couple of more days to adapt but so far I love this thing.

Unclipping the TMAP is the hardest part - once its unclipped you have more room to get a second hand in there and plug the JB+ in. But the actual unclipping was a pain - took me about 20 mins total (I used the flat side of the USB wire).

Now that I've done it, I'm confident I can do it again in 1 minute.
      03-27-2009, 06:29 PM   #25
Dmitriy@AUTOcouture
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogoshipyo View Post
hahahah hope you didnt break the tab and drive safely
LOL funny you should say that. There were a couple of times I said "F*ck! I think I broke the clip" but all is well.

Dude thanks so much for your offer. I'll keep it in the back of my head anytime you need help.
      03-27-2009, 06:30 PM   #26
TiAg335i
Trance Life

Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpuntik View Post
Jon... I can't believe I didn't get this sooner (at least the SSTT). Its like I've awoken a beast.

Its definitely faster, I'm chirping in 2nd gear like its nothing. I think it will take a couple of more days to adapt but so far I love this thing.

Unclipping the TMAP is the hardest part - once its unclipped you have more room to get a second hand in there and plug the JB+ in. But the actual unclipping was a pain - took me about 20 mins total (I used the flat side of the USB wire).

Now that I've done it, I'm confident I can do it again in 1 minute.
Sweeet...gonna get mine on tomorrow hopefully. Also wondering if anybody local has a BT scanner, just in case.

BTW, is that ur only engine mod?
TiAg335i is offline   United_States
      03-27-2009, 06:33 PM   #27
Dmitriy@AUTOcouture
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
Sweeet...gonna get mine on tomorrow hopefully. Also wondering if anybody local has a BT scanner, just in case.

BTW, is that ur only engine mod?
I asked that question too, and it seems like the guys at Supreme Power in NJ are the only ones who have it. I'm going to my guys at RPM North tomorrow for some more work on my friends Porsche 996 Turbo and will see if they have it also.

They are out in Plainview. If you are having trouble with the install, let me know - I'll come by and help you at maybe.

This is my only engine mod. Kinda scared to go with anything more, I can't imagine installing the JB3.
      03-27-2009, 07:10 PM   #28
Alex@AKMotorwerk

Drives: 2012 AW F10 535i

Send a message via AIM to Alex@AKMotorwerk
Quote:
I asked that question too, and it seems like the guys at Supreme Power in NJ are the only ones who have it. I'm going to my guys at RPM North tomorrow for some more work on my friends Porsche 996 Turbo and will see if they have it also.

They are out in Plainview. If you are having trouble with the install, let me know - I'll come by and help you at maybe.

This is my only engine mod. Kinda scared to go with anything more, I can't imagine installing the JB3.
Glad you finally got the JB+ installed bro, and we most certainly do have the BT Dealer scan/clear tool if anyone needs it
Alex@AKMotorwerk is offline   United_States
      03-28-2009, 01:08 PM   #29
TiAg335i
Trance Life

Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:

Thanks man..
TiAg335i is offline   United_States