E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > [E92] DRL Not working

03-17-2017, 04:09 AM   #1
Prozen
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i SE 2007 (E92)

[E92] DRL Not working

Hi all,

I am having an issue with the DRL’s on my BMW 320i SE 2007 (E92). Quick background info:
• OEM DRL bulbs were replaced with these bulbs after one bulb had originally fused.
• DRL’s worked for a couple weeks prior to issue whereby they both stopped working at same time.
• DRL’s aren’t fused and I have tested with multimeter.
• DRL’s have been correctly reinserted into housing unit and fully connected up.
• Fuses in the fuse box are fine.
• DRL settings in the BMW computer system are set correctly (to be on all the time).
• When changing the DRL bulbs I misplaced the black cap used to cover the housing unit for the passenger side DRL. Since then the copper plating has a green substance (possibly oxidation rust) on it from moisture getting into the unit. The image below is just being used as a reference as to what I meant about copper plate. Throwing that in there as I'm not sure if it has an impact

I am running out of things to check and figured I would see if anyone on here could suggest anything prior to me taking it to an auto-electrician.

Regards,

Prozen
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2017, 05:35 AM   #2
Sensible_
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Just to clarify, when you say DRL's are you referring to the angel eye bulbs? Or have you installed aftermarket DRL lights?

Are the bulbs actually getting a voltage?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 04:25 AM   #3
Prozen
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i SE 2007 (E92)

I believe they are DRL, as they were replaced with a like-for-like bulb. They definitely weren't angel eyes that were replaced. They were the same style ones shown in the link in the original post. Not sure if the original ones had been replaced by a previous owner though.

I haven't tested if they are receiving a voltage yet. I'm quite new when it comes to these things so was unsure how to safety test if they receiving a voltage.
Appreciate 0