E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > New BMS World Record



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-11-2009, 10:17 PM   #23
maui86
7
Captain
 
Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: paradise

Posts: 739
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to maui86 Send a message via Skype™ to maui86
this is incredible! hats off videos of your runs would be sweet to see. congrats!

teri
__________________
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/s...rays_37268.htm

gotta do what i gotta do to get them donuts
04 spec-v: rip dec07
maui86 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2009, 10:21 PM   #24
Sal@AUTOcouture
98
 
Sal@AUTOcouture's Avatar
 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ

Posts: 9,622
iTrader: (29)

Send a message via AIM to Sal@AUTOcouture
D,DAMN
Sal@AUTOcouture is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2009, 10:26 PM   #25
hotrod182
34
.
 
hotrod182's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 335i, 06 M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California

Posts: 3,461
iTrader: (0)

Thanks guys. Its great to see how amazed people are at the track. Especially when their cars are so loud you can't even hear your own engine, and then you beat them!
__________________
2011 Alpine 335d M-Sport 12.34 @ 110.48mph
2012 LEAF 130MPGe
2008 Black 335i Sedan. 11.11@ 129.47 mph,(8.39 sec 60-130 stock turboWR)
2008 Monaco Blue JB3 2.0 335i Coupe. 11.33 @ 132.77 mph (N54 trap speed WR)
60-130mph: 6.95 seconds stock turbo WR (.16% slope)

Last edited by hotrod182; 04-12-2009 at 02:25 AM.
hotrod182 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2009, 11:02 PM   #26
LilWhiteOne
0
Banned
 
Drives: Quick
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North America

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Well theres only one way to gain 15 plus mph with a tune and thats to run ALOT of boost. Any idea what this map was running? I read on the other forums that this is a different board which has safty limits raised so the car doesnt limp/stutter whatever. I am just curious to see what max boost was and what boost was throughout the rpm range. Gotta be an easy 18 plus. How come no one else can even come close to these amazing timing with a stock car. Hell people with modded ones arnt even coming close lol. Its an auto on slicks...floor the car and make sure it stays pointing straight, not much driving skill needed. So whats the deal here? I mean to get a 3500lbs+ car to run 121 you need ot be in the low to mid 400s to the wheels EASY....i dont see a bone stock car with a tune hitting that unless its running into the 20s and praying it stays together
LilWhiteOne is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2009, 11:19 PM   #27
Italia335i
0
Banned
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA

Posts: 88
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWhiteOne View Post
Well theres only one way to gain 15 plus mph with a tune and thats to run ALOT of boost. Any idea what this map was running? I read on the other forums that this is a different board which has safty limits raised so the car doesnt limp/stutter whatever. I am just curious to see what max boost was and what boost was throughout the rpm range. Gotta be an easy 18 plus. How come no one else can even come close to these amazing timing with a stock car. Hell people with modded ones arnt even coming close lol. Its an auto on slicks...floor the car and make sure it stays pointing straight, not much driving skill needed. So whats the deal here? I mean to get a 3500lbs+ car to run 121 you need ot be in the low to mid 400s to the wheels EASY....i dont see a bone stock car with a tune hitting that unless its running into the 20s and praying it stays together
What a weird post for someone with 11 total posts....

Quit making up names guys, just post how you feel. No need for the constant Bs....
Italia335i is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2009, 11:27 PM   #28
LilWhiteOne
0
Banned
 
Drives: Quick
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North America

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

I've been reading these forums for sometime now, decided to sign up. I'm clearly aware of the entire BMW/Vinshu tuning war. Dont have either tune cause im waiting for this shark edit thing to blow up. However i do have the BMS DCI and no Vinshu products on my car....so who's side am i exactly on? Btw what up with your comment anyway...you have a whole 37 posts.
LilWhiteOne is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2009, 11:32 PM   #29
runningman
1
Banned
 
Drives: 335i SP
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: nj

Posts: 150
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWhiteOne View Post
Well theres only one way to gain 15 plus mph with a tune and thats to run ALOT of boost. Any idea what this map was running? I read on the other forums that this is a different board which has safty limits raised so the car doesnt limp/stutter whatever. I am just curious to see what max boost was and what boost was throughout the rpm range. Gotta be an easy 18 plus. How come no one else can even come close to these amazing timing with a stock car. Hell people with modded ones arnt even coming close lol. Its an auto on slicks...floor the car and make sure it stays pointing straight, not much driving skill needed. So whats the deal here? I mean to get a 3500lbs+ car to run 121 you need ot be in the low to mid 400s to the wheels EASY....i dont see a bone stock car with a tune hitting that unless its running into the 20s and praying it stays together
You are "laloosh", the guy that was banned from here a few weeks ago.

121 is fast but here is another car that went 120 on stock tires even! Using the older map, and no extra weight reduction. Crank that boost high enough with some traction and anything can happen.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238563
runningman is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2009, 11:35 PM   #30
ar design
44
 
ar design's Avatar
 
Drives: 04 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver, CO

Posts: 4,410
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ar design
Wow.
__________________
-Critter
ar design is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2009, 11:41 PM   #31
LilWhiteOne
0
Banned
 
Drives: Quick
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North America

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningman View Post
You are "laloosh", the guy that was banned from here a few weeks ago.

121 is fast but here is another car that went 120 on stock tires even! Using the older map, and no extra weight reduction. Crank that boost high enough with some traction and anything can happen.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238563
I dunno who laloosh is but ok. Im not arguing that the boost was cranked to achieve these record runs. Im just curious to what it was cranked 2. Every week either shiv or terry have some new dyno out that make mand more power. To dumb it down a bit, an engine is a pump. Air fuel spark, thats all you need. So how much air are these guys throwing at these motors?
LilWhiteOne is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2009, 01:02 AM   #32
ianthegreat
23
Colonel
 
ianthegreat's Avatar
 
Drives: n54
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pittsburgh/Houston

Posts: 2,314
iTrader: (1)

grats again warren, one of these days i'm going to get my MT record.. will keep on practicing
ianthegreat is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2009, 01:05 AM   #33
Craig@SupremePower
749
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Craig@SupremePower's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Dodge Durango R/T
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 74,999
iTrader: (14)

DAMN... he was rollllinnnn!!
__________________
Craig@SupremePower is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2009, 01:11 AM   #34
absix
12
Mu mu muh muli, maikouuu!
 
absix's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 M5; F25 2.0d;
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Europe

Posts: 1,283
iTrader: (10)

He's got some serious driving skills! Insane!
__________________
absix is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2009, 01:36 AM   #35
ims
2
RockStarish
 
ims's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i coupe
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 251
iTrader: (1)

Thats very very quick.... good stuff to know! awesome n54 braggin' right!!!
__________________
19" RD2 Wheels
Sapphire Black on Coral Red with Poplar Grey Trim
6MT obviously
Vishnu tuned V3 Rev II
www.tolworld.com
ims is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2009, 02:02 AM   #36
brianhn1
5
Slow Mo
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: US

Posts: 524
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWhiteOne View Post
Well theres only one way to gain 15 plus mph with a tune and thats to run ALOT of boost. Any idea what this map was running? I read on the other forums that this is a different board which has safty limits raised so the car doesnt limp/stutter whatever. I am just curious to see what max boost was and what boost was throughout the rpm range. Gotta be an easy 18 plus. How come no one else can even come close to these amazing timing with a stock car. Hell people with modded ones arnt even coming close lol. Its an auto on slicks...floor the car and make sure it stays pointing straight, not much driving skill needed. So whats the deal here? I mean to get a 3500lbs+ car to run 121 you need ot be in the low to mid 400s to the wheels EASY....i dont see a bone stock car with a tune hitting that unless its running into the 20s and praying it stays together
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249682

You really need to read more and post less. I got 116 mph with less octane gas, more weight, and worse tires. My buddy got 119.9 mph with full modifications, less octane gas, and worse tires. I think I could get closer to 120 mph with hotrod's setup even maybe with the toned down map I used.

I think if hotrod had a better day with cooler temperatures and better traction, he could get even higher trap speeds.
brianhn1 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2009, 02:17 AM   #37
rcracer_tx
20
Banned
 
Drives: BSM 135i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas

Posts: 2,015
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWhiteOne View Post
I've been reading these forums for sometime now, decided to sign up. I'm clearly aware of the entire BMW/Vinshu tuning war. Dont have either tune cause im waiting for this shark edit thing to blow up. However i do have the BMS DCI and no Vinshu products on my car....so who's side am i exactly on? Btw what up with your comment anyway...you have a whole 37 posts.
You are Laloosh the worthless Dbag... Stop trying to hide it, its pretty obvious


Congrats Warren, you can out speak any troll assholes or other tuners with real world results
rcracer_tx is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2009, 07:59 AM   #38
TakeOne
4
THAT guy with THAT car
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: mid-atlantic

Posts: 421
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningman View Post
You are "laloosh", the guy that was banned from here a few weeks ago.

121 is fast but here is another car that went 120 on stock tires even! Using the older map, and no extra weight reduction. Crank that boost high enough with some traction and anything can happen.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238563
TakeOne is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2009, 08:06 AM   #39
LilWhiteOne
0
Banned
 
Drives: Quick
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North America

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

So i ask a simple question of how much boost was run on these 120 runs and get called a troll? Like i said guys, its pretty basic, 3500 plus lbs needs to put down some serious power to get into the 120-121 range. I'm not doubting these times. I would just like to know the truth about the boost level. Warran has done this multiple time on a stockish car and claims to be in the 370-380 range. Other memebers are popping 400 plus dynos left and right and trapping lower. Its just a lil wierd, cause 370 will def not hit 120 plus in the traps unless you own something thats around if not under 3000lbs. We have bob vader or the srt8 guy both running QUICK with xi's and both in the 116-117 range fully bolted. We have takeone busting out a 119-120 run on a fairly stocking car, then we have terry himself hitting 120 on a fully modded car tuned by himself, while i saw a guy with jb3 map seven on drag with bms dci/rr cattles dp and cpe catback go 12.40 @ 112.xxx. I know different track and different conditions play a huge roll, but not that huge of a roll. I can see 2-4 mph based on conditions, but have a tune only guy 121, and another go 110 if that, thats HUGE in my mind. So what makes some guys fast and other bitch about how slow they are? i dont even care about the et to be honest, im mosty a trap speed guy myself.

Last edited by LilWhiteOne; 04-12-2009 at 08:52 AM.
LilWhiteOne is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2009, 09:28 AM   #40
Sal@AUTOcouture
98
 
Sal@AUTOcouture's Avatar
 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ

Posts: 9,622
iTrader: (29)

Send a message via AIM to Sal@AUTOcouture
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWhiteOne View Post
So i ask a simple question of how much boost was run on these 120 runs and get called a troll? Like i said guys, its pretty basic, 3500 plus lbs needs to put down some serious power to get into the 120-121 range. I'm not doubting these times. I would just like to know the truth about the boost level. Warran has done this multiple time on a stockish car and claims to be in the 370-380 range. Other memebers are popping 400 plus dynos left and right and trapping lower. Its just a lil wierd, cause 370 will def not hit 120 plus in the traps unless you own something thats around if not under 3000lbs. We have bob vader or the srt8 guy both running QUICK with xi's and both in the 116-117 range fully bolted. We have takeone busting out a 119-120 run on a fairly stocking car, then we have terry himself hitting 120 on a fully modded car tuned by himself, while i saw a guy with jb3 map seven on drag with bms dci/rr cattles dp and cpe catback go 12.40 @ 112.xxx. I know different track and different conditions play a huge roll, but not that huge of a roll. I can see 2-4 mph based on conditions, but have a tune only guy 121, and another go 110 if that, thats HUGE in my mind. So what makes some guys fast and other bitch about how slow they are? i dont even care about the et to be honest, im mosty a trap speed guy myself.
the biggest mod in his car is the area between the steering wheel and the seat. Hotrod's mod is better hence faster...
Sal@AUTOcouture is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2009, 09:36 AM   #41
itsbrokeagain
157
 
itsbrokeagain's Avatar
 
Drives: E28 535, 1996 Dodge Ram Diesel
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Valley Stream, NY

Posts: 15,737
iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to itsbrokeagain
bench racing again.
__________________
AUTOCouture Motoring: Handling reflector installs to turbo upgrades and superchargers, and everything in between
15-01 Pollitt Drive, Fairlawn NJ 201-666-3500

<-Official Vehicle Transport for AUTOCouture
itsbrokeagain is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2009, 09:36 AM   #42
LilWhiteOne
0
Banned
 
Drives: Quick
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North America

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoCouture View Post
the biggest mod in his car is the area between the steering wheel and the seat. Hotrod's mod is better hence faster...
brake boost/floor it. Its not the hardest thing int he world when the car is an auto.
LilWhiteOne is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2009, 09:36 AM   #43
Mike@N54Tuning.com
148
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 14,836
iTrader: (88)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWhiteOne View Post
brake boost/floor it. Its not the hardest thing int he world when the car is an auto.
Can you post up some of your time slips?

Mike
__________________
LOWEST PRICE GURANTEE ON ALL PRODUCTS - www.n54tuning.com - Email; Mike@n54tuning.com
NEW PERFORMANCE LINE N54 DOWNPIPES & M3/M4 & F30 ER DOWNPIPES NOW IN STOCK - ER N54 CHARPE PIPE SPECIALS - NEW JB4 G5 ISO for N54 and F30 N55 ON SALE - NEW S55 M3/M4 JB4 NOW SHIPPING
Mike@N54Tuning.com is online now   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2009, 09:39 AM   #44
ridin135
22
Colonel
 
Drives: 991 C2S & E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Greenville

Posts: 2,258
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWhiteOne View Post
brake boost/floor it. Its not the hardest thing int he world when the car is an auto.
Takes more finesse then that you cant just floor a 400+ hp car and expect to go anywhere fast.
ridin135 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST