E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Alpina Porn (cont.)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-13-2009, 10:16 AM   #1
henwoodl
Private
henwoodl's Avatar
United Kingdom
2
Rep
68
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 Alpina B3 Biturbo
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Alpina Porn (cont.)

Finished at last, after much consideration on what to leave standard and what to change...

Kidney grills painted in sapphire black by Teddy at SSDD - fantastic service, highly recommended.

Grey spoiler mesh removed and replaced after a few coats of halford BMW black sapphire, followed by any old Halfords laquer. To replace the spolier mesh you need to remove the whole front bumper - there is a great guide on how to do this here - http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132. Be warned, it will take you 2-3 hours, even with a friend! Mesh can be ordered from BMW at 13 per section (3 sections).

Harp, if you're reading, do you plan to make any changes to your new bad boy, or keep everything standard?
Attached Images
     
__________________
Lee

Current: Alpina B3 Biturbo, Black Sapphire, Saddle Brown Leather
Previous: Mercedes SL350, 545i, 330Ci, Z4 3.0i, 325Ci
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 10:23 AM   #2
GOLFFRR
GOLFFRR's Avatar
269
Rep
17,301
Posts

 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

iTrader: (4)

sweet.
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance from David? GO HERE-->bmwdavid@icloud.com or 202-262-2900
David's ED special ALL M cars-->http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1042739
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 10:41 AM   #3
PeteJ
Diesel Head
PeteJ's Avatar
Scotland
5
Rep
550
Posts

 
Drives: 320d M Sport Convertible E93
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Edinburgh

iTrader: (0)

nice!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 10:59 AM   #4
AlanQS
Colonel
AlanQS's Avatar
Scotland
25
Rep
2,523
Posts

 
Drives: 320d SE Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Glasgow

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
henwoodl: is that rear spoiler part of the Alpina package? From the angle of your picture it looks great!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 11:06 AM   #5
henwoodl
Private
henwoodl's Avatar
United Kingdom
2
Rep
68
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 Alpina B3 Biturbo
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanQS View Post
henwoodl: is that rear spoiler part of the Alpina package? From the angle of your picture it looks great!
Its the Alpina spoiler yes, included in the package.

Don't know if its available seperately!?
__________________
Lee

Current: Alpina B3 Biturbo, Black Sapphire, Saddle Brown Leather
Previous: Mercedes SL350, 545i, 330Ci, Z4 3.0i, 325Ci
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 11:40 AM   #6
Steve A
Brigadier General
Steve A's Avatar
United Kingdom
42
Rep
3,464
Posts

 
Drives: too much
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Manchester UK

iTrader: (0)

Lee i love your B3, however i have always hated the black grill look, i think it makes the front of your car look thinner than it is and in my eyes makes it a little less aggressive.

but then opinions are like arseholes and everyone has a different one.

Still a lovley car ALPINAs are too underated.

i do think though you should put a quaiffe lsd on, like Tone has, it'll transform the traction and drive you get.
__________________
C350 cdi sport estate facelift 457lbft
130i M SportMercedes C350 CDI Sport Estate AutoMini Cooper Auto.Mercedes E250 CGI,Lexus IS-F,R36, RS4 Saloon,ML 420 CDI SPORT,M6, 335d, C55, C32, M3, M5, S3, ALL SOLD but fondly remembered
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 11:52 AM   #7
Geckorazer
Private
Geckorazer's Avatar
United Kingdom
7
Rep
61
Posts

 
Drives: E90 320d + AC Schnitzer mods
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Northern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
stunning car - love Alpinas anyway

the black grilles look good and make the Alpina look more menacing than normal
__________________
BMW E90 320d + AC Schnitzer Wheels, Bodykit, Spider Tuning & Eibach Pro-kit Springs
Previous - E60 520i SE, E39 520i SE, E36 323i Convertible, E36 316i SE
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 12:24 PM   #8
willhollin
Major General
willhollin's Avatar
England
123
Rep
9,918
Posts

 
Drives: VW T5
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Worcestershire

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Chrome door handles would finish that off to a tee.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 01:28 PM   #9
harpalb
Private First Class
harpalb's Avatar
United Kingdom
3
Rep
100
Posts

 
Drives: Alpina D3 Biturbo
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Huddersfield,UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by henwoodl View Post
Harp, if you're reading, do you plan to make any changes to your new bad boy, or keep everything standard?
Hey,

Loving the car, think the black grill sets it off. That is the only mod I can think of doing...think the black grill would suit the car better. Other mods in time will be a remap once engine loosens up. Was thinking of going back to classic wheels but so hard to keep looking nice. As yours do!!
__________________
Alpina D3 Biturbo
Mercedes ML420 CDI Sport
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 02:38 PM   #10
henwoodl
Private
henwoodl's Avatar
United Kingdom
2
Rep
68
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 Alpina B3 Biturbo
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve A View Post
Lee i love your B3, however i have always hated the black grill look, i think it makes the front of your car look thinner than it is and in my eyes makes it a little less aggressive.

but then opinions are like arseholes and everyone has a different one.

Still a lovley car ALPINAs are too underated.

i do think though you should put a quaiffe lsd on, like Tone has, it'll transform the traction and drive you get.
I considered the grills for a LONG time, but now that its done, I'm sure I've done the right thing (for me I mean, lots of other people I'm sure would prefer chrome). I actually think it looks more aggressive in the flesh with the black grills. Then after changing the grills to black, the mesh needed to be done, as the grey mesh then looked all wrong.

Quaife LSD would be turn it into a monster, but a few things put me off right now;

- The cost (1800 ish I think)
- Possible damage to the drive train from the engine throwing 430lb/ft at it without protection (this was brought up by the guys at DMS when discussing an LSD)
- The fact that I don't drive on the edge very often
- Extra tyre wear, although I hear this is negligible
- Less room for driver error! I'm not that experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
Chrome door handles would finish that off to a tee.
On order...

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpalb View Post
Hey,

Loving the car, think the black grill sets it off. That is the only mod I can think of doing...think the black grill would suit the car better. Other mods in time will be a remap once engine loosens up. Was thinking of going back to classic wheels but so hard to keep looking nice. As yours do!!
They do take some time to clean - but worth it I always feel (afterwards anyway!). Was wondering whether the new black B7 Alpina wheels might appear in 19"s instead of 20"s...

http://www.bmwalpina.co.uk/index.php...e54c13ae40688e

Any ideas?
__________________
Lee

Current: Alpina B3 Biturbo, Black Sapphire, Saddle Brown Leather
Previous: Mercedes SL350, 545i, 330Ci, Z4 3.0i, 325Ci
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 02:44 PM   #11
harpalb
Private First Class
harpalb's Avatar
United Kingdom
3
Rep
100
Posts

 
Drives: Alpina D3 Biturbo
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Huddersfield,UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by henwoodl View Post
They do take some time to clean - but worth it I always feel (afterwards anyway!). Was wondering whether the new black B7 Alpina wheels might appear in 19"s instead of 20"s...
You read my mind LOL...dont think they will do them in smaller sizes to keep them exclusive to the B7, dread to think of the cost. Other alternative is to have the classics, or come to think of it the dynamics, painted in black. But now painted wheels are available to order on the cars as well. Love to see them in the flesh.

Oh and black handles to chrome? you just did the reverse on the grill, go for all black i say!!
__________________
Alpina D3 Biturbo
Mercedes ML420 CDI Sport
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 02:49 PM   #12
henwoodl
Private
henwoodl's Avatar
United Kingdom
2
Rep
68
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 Alpina B3 Biturbo
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpalb View Post
You read my mind LOL...dont think they will do them in smaller sizes to keep them exclusive to the B7, dread to think of the cost. Other alternative is to have the classics, or come to think of it the dynamics, painted in black. But now painted wheels are available to order on the cars as well. Love to see them in the flesh.

Oh and black handles to chrome? you just did the reverse on the grill, go for all black i say!!
I was joking about the door handles! That tomfoolery is for Audi drivers...

Alpina offered to paint my wheels black when I enquired before production, but I bottled it and went for the more conservative option. I'll leave them standard now, unless the B7 wheels become available, in which case I might have to reconsider...
__________________
Lee

Current: Alpina B3 Biturbo, Black Sapphire, Saddle Brown Leather
Previous: Mercedes SL350, 545i, 330Ci, Z4 3.0i, 325Ci
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 02:51 PM   #13
harpalb
Private First Class
harpalb's Avatar
United Kingdom
3
Rep
100
Posts

 
Drives: Alpina D3 Biturbo
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Huddersfield,UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Mate, those B7 wheels are 21"....hmmm wonder how much to get mine repainted in black?
__________________
Alpina D3 Biturbo
Mercedes ML420 CDI Sport
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 02:57 PM   #14
henwoodl
Private
henwoodl's Avatar
United Kingdom
2
Rep
68
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 Alpina B3 Biturbo
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpalb View Post
Mate, those B7 wheels are 21"....hmmm wonder how much to get mine repainted in black?
Sorry you're right, they are 21"s .

I'd imagine you could get them refinished in black for a reasonable price. I had a rough quote of 100 a wheel from my local alloy repair dude, you could probably do better if you shop around...
__________________
Lee

Current: Alpina B3 Biturbo, Black Sapphire, Saddle Brown Leather
Previous: Mercedes SL350, 545i, 330Ci, Z4 3.0i, 325Ci
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2009, 07:22 AM   #15
Samuel L Jackson
Private First Class
Samuel L Jackson's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
174
Posts

 
Drives: 328i Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: LA County

iTrader: (0)

Beautiful car. You Alpina owners should make a Youtube video or something to show off the cars! Youtube is sorely lacking in good B3 or D3 videos.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST