E90Post

E92-lighting

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Trim Wrap in Bay Area

05-08-2016, 05:02 PM   #1
BAYsic
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Trim Wrap in Bay Area

Does anyone recommend a shop to wrap in the Bay Area my trim in 3M Di-Noc or in carbon fiber fabric? I am looking for a high quality matte finish (preferably like the matte charcoal fabric pyspeed used to sell).

I know most of you all wrap the trim yourselves, but I know I don't have the patience for that type of job and think it will be cheaper to pay someone to wrap it in the first instance (because I will end up getting frustrated, snapping my trim, and then spending triple the amount of wrapping to replace the trim pieces I break in anger).

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2016, 01:47 AM   #2
fibonacci2
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

I found two places, they started at $600 and up to wrap trim. A little too steep for me...
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2016, 01:52 AM   #3
AK.
resU.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10' E90 335i

Garage List
2010 E90 335i  [5.00]
Impressive Wraps in San Bruno did my interior for a good price.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2016, 03:29 AM   #4
BAYsic
Private
Rep

Found a place that did it for an awesome price. Dropped off trim and picked it up next day.

PM me if you want details.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      05-16-2016, 05:26 PM   #5
Banana Clipper
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 335i

Dont pay someone to do this, you need a screwdriver and a hair dryer and you can buy the wrap online for $20

Appreciate 0
      05-21-2016, 02:43 AM   #6
BAYsic
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Clipper
Dont pay someone to do this, you need a screwdriver and a hair dryer and you can buy the wrap online for $20
It is VERY doable, the only caveat being you need to have a lot of time and a little bit of patience. I have neither so it was worth the price I paid. If you do it yourself you'll need about $40 worth of wrap (if you're using 3M), a heat gun ($20) and an xacto knife ($10).

I wrapped a few odds and ends myself (M3 SMG shift knob and the steering wheel trim in the pic above) and it wasn't too difficult, but corners and edges will be tricky until you get the hang of it. Total time is probably 4 hours or so to do all your pieces. For me, the price I paid was worth having four hours to do other things.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 03:53 PM   #7
E9TOU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to E9TOU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Clipper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAYsic View Post
It is VERY doable, the only caveat being you need to have a lot of time and a little bit of patience. I have neither so it was worth the price I paid. If you do it yourself you'll need about $40 worth of wrap (if you're using 3M), a heat gun ($20) and an xacto knife ($10).

I wrapped a few odds and ends myself (M3 SMG shift knob and the steering wheel trim in the pic above) and it wasn't too difficult, but corners and edges will be tricky until you get the hang of it. Total time is probably 4 hours or so to do all your pieces. For me, the price I paid was worth having four hours to do other things.
Can't really answer the OP's questions but both the above points are valid. I did it myself and the hardest part was disconnecting the wires from the center air vents on the dash. This is a very doable project if you have time and patience, also because there are a few DIY threads in the DIY section that are very helpful. But I can also see how someone would pay to have this done and not have to worry about messing anything up.
Appreciate 0