E90Post
 


Alpine HID
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > BT Speed Delimiter Operational



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-22-2009, 05:19 AM   #1
Bubbles
Green Bastard
 
Bubbles's Avatar
 
Drives: ZCP-Powered
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bishop Bend

Posts: 3,545
iTrader: (3)

BT Speed Delimiter Operational

It's here, enjoy the pic.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Bubbles is offline   Cayman Islands
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2009, 05:28 AM   #2
twinsonboard
PROWLER
 
twinsonboard's Avatar
 
Drives: Black BMW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Africa

Posts: 34
iTrader: (0)

Cannot share your excitement

What is BT?
From a novice.
twinsonboard is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2009, 05:31 AM   #3
BMW-NC
Selling drugs to BMW addicts
 
BMW-NC's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i e82 6MT N55
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Baumholder / Hanau

Posts: 468
iTrader: (1)

250km/h is top option with the BMWs? Expecially here in Germany a 265 or smth would give you the advantage over all other stock cars (AudiRS, Big Ass Mercs, to name a few brutes limited at 250...)
Btw: A 335i with 155mph limiter runs 165-ish according to speedo.
__________________
---
Quality US Spec Used Cars for Military Members stationed in Europe. Specialized in BMWs and MINIs up to 10k miles.

Last edited by BMW-NC; 04-22-2009 at 05:32 AM. Reason: not that I would ever drive that fast of course... ;-)
BMW-NC is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2009, 05:36 AM   #4
Bubbles
Green Bastard
 
Bubbles's Avatar
 
Drives: ZCP-Powered
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bishop Bend

Posts: 3,545
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsonboard View Post
What is BT?
From a novice.
Bavarian Technic Tool see http://www.bavariantechnic.com/
__________________
Bubbles is offline   Cayman Islands
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2009, 05:38 AM   #5
Bubbles
Green Bastard
 
Bubbles's Avatar
 
Drives: ZCP-Powered
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bishop Bend

Posts: 3,545
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-NC View Post
250km/h is top option with the BMWs? Expecially here in Germany a 265 or smth would give you the advantage over all other stock cars (AudiRS, Big Ass Mercs, to name a few brutes limited at 250...)
Btw: A 335i with 155mph limiter runs 165-ish according to speedo.

You can set your own limit, the picture only shows the standard pull down options.
__________________
Bubbles is offline   Cayman Islands
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2009, 06:10 AM   #6
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
 
Drives: 4 Wheels
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Planet Earth!

Posts: 5,180
iTrader: (15)

Bubbles is this enthusiast version?
Former_Boosted_IS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2009, 06:13 AM   #7
Bubbles
Green Bastard
 
Bubbles's Avatar
 
Drives: ZCP-Powered
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bishop Bend

Posts: 3,545
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former_Boosted_IS View Post
Bubbles is this enthusiast version?

Limited to the Professional version.
__________________
Bubbles is offline   Cayman Islands
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2009, 06:16 AM   #8
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 14,287
iTrader: (86)

sweet.. Thanks for finding that. I am going to try that out tonight

Mike
Mike@N54Tuning.com is online now   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2009, 06:16 AM   #9
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
 
Drives: 4 Wheels
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Planet Earth!

Posts: 5,180
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Limited to the Professional version.
It is really too bad they are doing that. It will limit its use all together. Most will just wait until flashes on the BT become available rather than pay another $500 to do simple things like this. At the same time, if they offer it in the enthusiast version then they could generate a lot of buys on that version. Seems like bad business model.
Former_Boosted_IS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2009, 06:21 AM   #10
bobbynoway
Private First Class
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney

Posts: 186
iTrader: (0)

So are you be able to disable the speed delimiter with BT tool and do max speed?
bobbynoway is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2009, 06:37 AM   #11
Bubbles
Green Bastard
 
Bubbles's Avatar
 
Drives: ZCP-Powered
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bishop Bend

Posts: 3,545
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former_Boosted_IS View Post
It is really too bad they are doing that. It will limit its use all together. Most will just wait until flashes on the BT become available rather than pay another $500 to do simple things like this. At the same time, if they offer it in the enthusiast version then they could generate a lot of buys on that version. Seems like bad business model.
I'm with you, we all want more for less.
But it's coding.
Coding is another ballgame and it ain't simple!

The enthusiast is priced perfectly for those who want to clear codes, shadow codes, datalog, perform routine maintenance (such as coolant flushes). You really can't beat it.
__________________
Bubbles is offline   Cayman Islands
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2009, 06:38 AM   #12
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
 
Drives: 4 Wheels
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Planet Earth!

Posts: 5,180
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbynoway View Post
So are you be able to disable the speed delimiter with BT tool and do max speed?
Only if you buy the $750 version.
Former_Boosted_IS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2009, 06:38 AM   #13
Bubbles
Green Bastard
 
Bubbles's Avatar
 
Drives: ZCP-Powered
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bishop Bend

Posts: 3,545
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbynoway View Post
So are you be able to disable the speed delimiter with BT tool and do max speed?
Yes.
__________________
Bubbles is offline   Cayman Islands
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2009, 06:39 AM   #14
Bubbles
Green Bastard
 
Bubbles's Avatar
 
Drives: ZCP-Powered
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bishop Bend

Posts: 3,545
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
sweet.. Thanks for finding that. I am going to try that out tonight

Mike
Be careful testing it!
__________________
Bubbles is offline   Cayman Islands
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2009, 07:45 AM   #15
ultimateendz
Vengeance is mine, I shall repay
 
ultimateendz's Avatar
 
Drives: X3, CTS-V coupe
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NJ

Posts: 4,656
iTrader: (1)

has it been tested and proven by anyone?
__________________
Project: Vengeance[ACM's King of domestics, STOCK:501whp 489wtq | 2.9L whipple stock bottom end: 706whp 688wtq] Callies Compstar motor build:NEXT
ultimateendz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2009, 07:59 AM   #16
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 14,287
iTrader: (86)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Be careful testing it!
I know Just updated the software and will plug it in later today to see whats up. I am just going to set it to 280 km/hr (that last thing on my speedo)

Have you actually done it?? I don't see myself actually verifying it worked for a while as I have no where to get over 250km/hr in a safe way

Mike
Mike@N54Tuning.com is online now   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2009, 08:19 AM   #17
Hedges
Major General
 
Hedges's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 C63 AMG
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 5,181
iTrader: (8)

Hey Mike,

Are you able to get your hands on the tool that updates maps on our 328I to increase the power?

Let me know!
Hedges is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2009, 08:43 AM   #18
Juicer
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Parking lot

Posts: 310
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former_Boosted_IS View Post
It is really too bad they are doing that. It will limit its use all together. Most will just wait until flashes on the BT become available rather than pay another $500 to do simple things like this. At the same time, if they offer it in the enthusiast version then they could generate a lot of buys on that version. Seems like bad business model.
I completely agree.

Having basic features like this only available on the "professional" package is going to prevent people from buying the BT all together. It's not like $300 for a cable is cheap. It's limited to 3 VINs on the enthusiasts version. I thought the main difference would be the limited VINs so a bunch of people don't share one tool. Business tactic like this will only encourage people to buy one of the copy cat tools that will undoubtedly become available soon.
Juicer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2009, 08:50 AM   #19
mwahlert
Lieutenant Colonel
 
mwahlert's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Durham, NC

Posts: 1,547
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Guys/gals - we are all driving pretty damn expensive cars - is several hundred dollars for a tool really that bad? Any DIY'er should be comfortable spending money on tools. Sure its pricey but imagine the development time invested into this product. FYI - you can purchase the "Pro" cable without the accessories for a little bit less - but you have to ask for it.
mwahlert is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2009, 08:58 AM   #20
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
 
Drives: 4 Wheels
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Planet Earth!

Posts: 5,180
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwahlert View Post
Guys/gals - we are all driving pretty damn expensive cars - is several hundred dollars for a tool really that bad? Any DIY'er should be comfortable spending money on tools. Sure its pricey but imagine the development time invested into this product. FYI - you can purchase the "Pro" cable without the accessories for a little bit less - but you have to ask for it.
Flashes are already being developed using the cable. If they turn on and off things like speed de-limiter, then why would we pay for the flash and the pro version? They will annoy people into not buying the tool. If they allow the enthusiast to change some of these simple features like:

Speed Delimiter
O2 Sensors
Exhaust Flap
Headlight CEL

Then think about the people that will buy it. We are not looking for full coding, just some simple things that you can check on or off.
Former_Boosted_IS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2009, 09:12 AM   #21
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 14,287
iTrader: (86)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
Hey Mike,

Are you able to get your hands on the tool that updates maps on our 328I to increase the power?

Let me know!
I have the Pro tool so if it can do it I can do it

Mike
Mike@N54Tuning.com is online now   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2009, 09:16 AM   #22
Bubbles
Green Bastard
 
Bubbles's Avatar
 
Drives: ZCP-Powered
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bishop Bend

Posts: 3,545
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicer View Post
I completely agree.

Having basic features like this only available on the "professional" package is going to prevent people from buying the BT all together. It's not like $300 for a cable is cheap. It's limited to 3 VINs on the enthusiasts version. I thought the main difference would be the limited VINs so a bunch of people don't share one tool. Business tactic like this will only encourage people to buy one of the copy cat tools that will undoubtedly become available soon.
$300 is nothing for just code clearing. Get three buddys and put in $100 bucks a piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
I know Just updated the software and will plug it in later today to see whats up. I am just going to set it to 280 km/hr (that last thing on my speedo)

Have you actually done it?? I don't see myself actually verifying it worked for a while as I have no where to get over 250km/hr in a safe way

Mike
Mine speed limiter has been removed already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwahlert View Post
Guys/gals - we are all driving pretty damn expensive cars - is several hundred dollars for a tool really that bad? Any DIY'er should be comfortable spending money on tools. Sure its pricey but imagine the development time invested into this product. FYI - you can purchase the "Pro" cable without the accessories for a little bit less - but you have to ask for it.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former_Boosted_IS View Post
Flashes are already being developed using the cable. If they turn on and off things like speed de-limiter, then why would we pay for the flash and the pro version? They will annoy people into not buying the tool. If they allow the enthusiast to change some of these simple features like:

Speed Delimiter
O2 Sensors
Exhaust Flap
Headlight CEL

Then think about the people that will buy it. We are not looking for full coding, just some simple things that you can check on or off.
The problem is, where do you draw the line? That stuff takes time to develop. You can't simply check on/off.

Heck, I want a I/C that will guarantee AIT temp drops under the conditions I run. I still haven't found any takers.
__________________
Bubbles is offline   Cayman Islands
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST