E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Weird Noises



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-02-2011, 10:07 PM   #1
E90 Freak
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 325i|E28 528 |E36 M3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 493
iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Weird Noises

This morning when I woke up and warmed up my engine I heard weird tuck tuck noises.Have any of you guys encountered this problem I will be taking the car to the dealer this week before my CPO expires.But please give me your opinions on what is causing this problem.



Thanks,
E90 Freak
E90 Freak is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-02-2011, 10:57 PM   #2
iflyjetzzz
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 328i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tucson, AZ

Posts: 320
iTrader: (0)

Maybe that body in the trunk isn't dead after all???

Dude, any guesses on the internet are going to be people pulling answers out of their rectums.
My completely off the wall guess is that you might have a valve tap. But if you've got a very slow tuck tuck vice a fast tuck tuck, you don't have a valve tap. Are you starting to see the problem with how you asked the question?
iflyjetzzz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-02-2011, 11:31 PM   #3
E90 Freak
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 325i|E28 528 |E36 M3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 493
iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyjetzzz View Post
Maybe that body in the trunk isn't dead after all???

Dude, any guesses on the internet are going to be people pulling answers out of their rectums.
My completely off the wall guess is that you might have a valve tap. But if you've got a very slow tuck tuck vice a fast tuck tuck, you don't have a valve tap. Are you starting to see the problem with how you asked the question?
I looked online it could mean that starter might be going out but the turns on while it is on you hear tuck tuck noises from the engine.This sound was never there I just started hearing this new noise.
E90 Freak is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2011, 02:36 PM   #4
Glim
Captain
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Victoria, BC

Posts: 771
iTrader: (0)

Scan all modules with a BT tool or take it in.

No sense replacing things one at a time when the shop or a BT can figure it out straight away.
Glim is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2011, 06:25 PM   #5
E90 Freak
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 325i|E28 528 |E36 M3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 493
iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glim View Post
Scan all modules with a BT tool or take it in.

No sense replacing things one at a time when the shop or a BT can figure it out straight away.
I will be taking my car to the dealership on Wednesday..
E90 Freak is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2011, 08:47 AM   #6
Laosboixx781
Private
 
Laosboixx781's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Titanium M-Silver 328XI
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 93
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Laosboixx781 Send a message via Skype™ to Laosboixx781
Ticking or Tucking noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 Freak View Post
This morning when I woke up and warmed up my engine I heard weird tuck tuck noises.Have any of you guys encountered this problem I will be taking the car to the dealer this week before my CPO expires.But please give me your opinions on what is causing this problem.



Thanks,
E90 Freak
Just putting in my 2 cents.. Mines was dong that recently (not sure if it's the same sound or not), randomly though.. when I do a cold start and let it idle for about 5-10 minutes, I would hear a ticking ticking noise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrPe4...yer_detailpage

After researching the forum, other people was having the same problem, they stated it was the lifters..I brought mines into the dealer they looked at the lifters, of course the sound does not occur. So they said mines was perfectly fine.. another few weeks goes by the same sound appears again. I found another post, someone stated that the noise went away after he topped off his oil..I recently did an oil change and made sure I used all 7 quarts. The sound has not come back since. So I guess you can try to top off your oil. assuming that this is the fix.
__________________
2007 Titanium Metallic Silver 328XI // Sport Package // Premium Package // Winter Package // 7 Pro Logic //Navi //Madico 35% Tint all around //GP Thunder 7500K V2 Fogs//City Vision AE's//

Last edited by Laosboixx781; 08-12-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Laosboixx781 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2011, 10:26 PM   #7
E90 Freak
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 325i|E28 528 |E36 M3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 493
iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laosboixx781 View Post
Just putting in my 2 cents.. Mines was dong that recently (not sure if it's the same sound or not), randomly though.. when I do a cold start and let it idle for about 5-10 minutes, I would hear a ticking ticking noise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrPe4...yer_detailpage

After researching the forum, other people was having the same problem, they stated it was the lifters..I brought mines into the dealer they looked at the lifters, of course the sound does not occur. So they said mines was perfectly fine.. another few weeks goes by the same sound appears again. I found another post, someone stated that the noise went away after he topped off his oil..I recently did an oil change and made sure I used all 7 quarts. The sound has not come back since. So I guess you can try to top off your oil. assuming that this is the fix.
Today afternoon dealer gave me a call and told me that if were my lifters and they replaced them.Good thing I have CPO.
E90 Freak is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST