E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > brake squeal

05-06-2009, 05:25 PM   #1
smartys
Lieutenant

Drives: 07 e93 335i

brake squeal

Hey all,

So many ppl on this forum have experienced the same thing I have with my 335i, which is the brakes squealing once they heat up a bit, ie. after some spirited driving....

I've taken it to the dealer before for this, the first time, they said it may be some "gunk" from the sensor, and they filed it down, but almost immediately afterwards, the squeal came back.

The winter rolled around, and since it's so EFFIN cold up here in Toronto, I had no problem.....now that the weather is warming up again, it's back....

I recently took it to the dealer, and they gave me a run around and told me it's "nothing".....

After reading the forums, I've noticed some dudes actually had their brakes replaced because of the same issue.

So, my question is, after all this rambling, do any of you who have had this problem rectified, via brake replacement, or whatever, have a TSB regarding this problem and it's correction? So that I can walk into the flippin dealer and tell them, HERE, read it, eat it, fix it!

Thanks guys...
      05-09-2009, 09:09 AM   #2
woody2223
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 black sapphire coupe JB+

Garage List
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
I was one of the lucky ones to have my brakes changed due to the squeal but it's back again just not as bad. Guess I'll just have to save up for a BBK and some wheels.
woody2223 is offline   United_States