E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > STETT Performance FMIC Group Buy!

Closed Thread

04-30-2009, 05:49 PM   #1
STETT Performance
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: FAST

STETT Performance FMIC Group Buy!

Ok guys/gals, by popular demand here's the low down on the FMIC group buy. We have been producing this FMIC since mid 2007. Each one is hand made in the USA! We wanted a cooler that could handle a variety of mods from mild tunes to wild tunes yet still leave enough room for turbo swaps and engine modifications down the road, which we felt could not be done with an OEM style design cooler. Our larger ambient surface area is specifically sized to maximize the exposure to incoming ambient air and the core thickness was limited to 3" to maximize the ambient air penetration through the core.

Group buy pricing will be $910 SHIPPED anywhere in the continental U.S. but we must have 24 or more CONFIRMED orders. Anyone living outside of this area please contact us for details on shipping. Those who are local customers will receive 20% off installation in addition to the group buy pricing on the intercooler. Add one of our Cold Air Intakes for only $310 more + free shipping (with FMIC group buy only). Our BOV/Chargepipe will be available also for only $485 (with FMIC group buy only). These prices will only be good during the group buy and when purchased together. Please keep in mind that the intercoolers are hand made and therefore it does take time to produce them. *We are going to ramp up a separate production run for the group buy. Once we have all orders confirmed then we can give an approximate eta for delivery. We will place an E90POST FMIC group buy purchase option in our online store, you will need to enter the code E90FMIC to confirm the group buy pricing when you place your order online. The group buy will only be left open for a limited amount of time so be sure to place your order immediately. The discount will be taken at checkout once you enter your code.

**ANYONE PLANNING ON TURBO SWAPS DOWN THE ROAD, LOOK NO FURTHER! OUR COOLER WILL HANDLE 620+HP AT 80% CAPACITY**

CONTSTRUCTION:
Stock- aluminum core with crimped on plastic tanks; O-ring seals with plastic pipes
STETT- double welded all aluminum; 4 ply double layer silicone connectors with 304 stainless steel pipes

VOLUME:
Stock- 425 cubic inches
STETT- 600 cubic inches (41% more)

AMBIENT SURFACE AREA:
Stock- 100 sq in
STETT- 200 sq in (100% more) -- Taller (more ambient air exposure and easy penetration- quicker cooling) rather than deeper/thicker which requires more air at a higher velocity to fully penetrate and provide the thermal energy conversion.

Where the stock cooler barely supports stock boost and horsepower levels, our cooler flows over 920cfm and will support over 620hp (80% capacity). Inlet temps are within 10-20 degrees over ambient at 80% capacity or less. Power gains are going to vary depending on your modifications. We don't advertise HP gains because they do GREATLY depend on your modifications and rather than being misleading we feel that the proven design we have and it's specifications sell itself (as it should when purchasing an intercooler). Those running more boost (and more HP) should see more gains and will sustain those gains much more efficiently than the stock cooler.

Installation is not extremely difficult but is probably not ideal for someone looking for their first car mod project. But, this is also a FMIC for the serious modders because it CAN handle and make power above where many other units can't. It does require modification of the plastic shroud behind the bumper but any FMIC like this will require the same (thanks BMW for leaving us no room ). The BMW clamps on the factory intercooler piping are non adjustable and seamless. So it does require cutting these clamps off. Again, any intercooler upgrade that replaces the weak and flimsy stock piping will require this. There are no big, bulky brackets just TWO simple bolts, utilizing existing bolt holes in the car's frame rails. Each kit comes with the cooler, the stainless piping and clamps, the heavy duty 4 ply double layer silicone hoses and the two attaching bolts.

Here is a link elsewhere in the forums with pics..
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=254105&page=1

Last edited by STETT Performance; 05-02-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 06:49 PM   #2
MSPORTWORLD
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 MW/FR - '12 M3 FO/SC

Garage List
I'm down! Any test data comparing the stock one to to the Stett?
      04-30-2009, 07:23 PM   #3
sourphish
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i E92

Garage List
I'm in too.

I tried sending my order on Stett's site using the code: E90POSTFMIC on just the FMIC and on FMIC + CAI, but it says the code is invalid.

Also, if we did happen to get 24 people in the next few days, how long do you think it will take to make everything and ship them out? or do you ship them off as they are completed? I ask this because I may need to change the shipping address after I find out the ETA. Thanks!
      04-30-2009, 07:38 PM   #4
STETT Performance
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourphish View Post
I'm in too.

I tried sending my order on Stett's site using the code: E90POSTFMIC on just the FMIC and on FMIC + CAI, but it says the code is invalid.

Also, if we did happen to get 24 people in the next few days, how long do you think it will take to make everything and ship them out? or do you ship them off as they are completed? I ask this because I may need to change the shipping address after I find out the ETA. Thanks!
The option is being added to our site at the moment and will take a short time for it to update. There will be a specific E90POST FMIC item to select, you won't be able to miss it

An order of this size will likely be about 4-6 weeks for all to be completed and sent out.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 09:18 PM   #5
STETT Performance
Banned
United_States
Rep

The group buy option is officially active in our online store now. You may click HERE to go directly to the item or access www.shop.stettperformance.com, click on the E90-E93 product category and then finally click on the E90POST group buy option. Please remember that the group buy coupon code will be entered during checkout. If you do not enter the coupon code during checkout you will not receive the discount for the group buy. If you are outside of the Continental U.S., please EMAIL US before placing your order.

Thanks everyone!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 09:22 PM   #6
Kit523
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW E90 M3

can u pm me how much more to ship to canada vancouver?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 09:45 PM   #7
Boost4u
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 335i

Add me to the list please.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 09:46 PM   #8
STETT Performance
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit523 View Post
can u pm me how much more to ship to canada vancouver?
PM'd
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 09:48 PM   #9
STETT Performance
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost4u View Post
Add me to the list please.
Boost4u, please place your order online HERE so you will have a confirmed order... thank you
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 10:06 PM   #10
sourphish
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I placed my order.
      05-01-2009, 12:02 AM   #11
Diesel///M
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M

why is the top intercooler so much more then the bottom one??? (on the site)
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2009, 12:10 AM   #12
sourphish
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
You have to enter the coupon code in the first post during checkout, then it will bring the price down below the bottom intercooler on the site. They just listed the item just to list it since you're supposed to enter the code.
      05-01-2009, 10:19 AM   #13
STETT Performance
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel335i View Post
why is the top intercooler so much more then the bottom one??? (on the site)
sourphish is right. If you click on the item it will tell you in the description that the discount will be taken at checkout. Without the proper coupon code you won't get the special E90POST group buy discount, which is not available to just anyone. If we listed the product at the group buy price online then everyone would have access to it
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2009, 11:33 AM   #14
STETT Performance
Banned
United_States
Rep

Thanks to those of you who have already placed your order. The sooner everyone will do this the sooner we can get the coolers out to everyone.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2009, 12:52 PM   #15
STETT Performance
Banned
United_States
Rep

How many in here are planning to do a turbo swap in the future?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2009, 01:30 PM   #16
gonzo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Whatchutalknboutwillis?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2009, 02:27 PM   #17
sourphish
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
hmm...if I ever have to go into the dealership for warranty work, I should probably replace the new FMIC with the stock one and switch it back after right?
      05-02-2009, 03:06 PM   #18
STETT Performance
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourphish View Post
hmm...if I ever have to go into the dealership for warranty work, I should probably replace the new FMIC with the stock one and switch it back after right?
Each individual dealer is different but as of yet we have not heard of anyone having trouble taking their car in with an FMIC. Since the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act became more known to modders out there the dealers seem to have slacked off on the issue. Many people have fought manufacturers with this Act because technically it states the Manufacturer can't void your warranty for not using their branded products. The exception is if they demonstrate to the FTC that your product will only function with their parts. But, we all know these cars run much better with aftermarket parts . We are not lawyers so this is in no way intended to be legal advice.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2009, 04:32 PM   #19
TPLSM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4M Coupe

What's fitment look like for the 135i?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2009, 09:24 PM   #20
STETT Performance
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPLSM3 View Post
What's fitment look like for the 135i?
We are currently working on the development for the 1 series, it will have the same performance and capabilities as the 335i cooler.

Our 135i CAI will be released in one week, it's the first cold air intake for the 135i that actually gets the filter OUT of the engine compartment...
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2009, 01:01 AM   #21
MuchMoore
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335i

Send a message via AIM to MuchMoore
Not to sound too ignorant...but this IC is obviously great for high-hp applications, turbo swaps, etc. What about a mildly tuned car...is it overkill?

Appreciate 0
      07-31-2009, 11:46 AM   #22
STETT Performance
Banned
United_States
Rep

Not an ignorant question. It's a great addition to any tune over stock.. especially under sustained boost (ie track usage or just the uncontrollable right foot ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuchMoore View Post
Not to sound too ignorant...but this IC is obviously great for high-hp applications, turbo swaps, etc. What about a mildly tuned car...is it overkill?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread