E90Post

VIBE Motorsports

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > good shop to take car in to install coilovers?

06-15-2009, 03:32 PM   #23
sfh
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2014 435i

I went to Matrix Engineering several years ago for my 325i. I'd guess they are more expensive now. but it was 300$ back then.

Doesn't Rasmussen have an open garage on weekends? you could DIY
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 03:50 PM   #24
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States

Drives: A metal box with a roundel

Send a message via AIM to cstmx_ryder Send a message via MSN to cstmx_ryder
503 Motoring jacked up my tint job, and during the 2nd try, whoever tinted my windows scorched the plastic piece on my driver side mirror. Yet, the tint still isn't good, so their redoing it, putting felt between the window sill to prevent scratches, also replacing the plastic piece for my side mirror.

Although that was the case, when I mentioned to them about it, they did stand behind their work and was prompt to offer me a solution, or whatever would make me a satisfied customer. I gotta say they were good about that!

Is it really that difficult to tint windows in E90s? If so, I had no idea.........

Yo B,

I say we can do the coilovers, then just spend the money on alignment and corner balancing?

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 03:54 PM   #25
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtran View Post
yeah i havnt had good luck with 503 motoring. I called them asking about pricing and thye were suppose to call me back but they never did
+1
They were suppose to get back to me about some exhaust system, but no answer either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy4nk8er View Post
Sorry for the late reply just don't get online much. These guys did mine (KWV2) and did a great job.
Adrenaline Racing
16088-A Boones Ferry Road
Lake Oswego OR 97035

Ph: (503)697-3311
Fax: (503)697-3533
Do they work on strictly BMWs or Europeans? That name sounds familiar.......Looking for a place to install exhaust too.

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2009, 04:19 PM   #26
happy4nk8er
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstmx_ryder View Post
+1
They were suppose to get back to me about some exhaust system, but no answer either.

Do they work on strictly BMWs or Europeans? That name sounds familiar.......Looking for a place to install exhaust too.
They installed my cat-back exhaust but do not have the ability to weld, so no customizing. They did my Quaife as well. They work on all kinds of exotic stuff and have a certified BMW mechanic there.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 06:54 PM   #27
mrCBR600
Private First Class

Drives: 2007 e90

I set up an appointment with Adrenaline Racing, for tomorrow. We'll see how they do. I like that they have worked on my car before installing coilovers. He gave me a small deal as he said he would if I put the stickers on my car for the upcoming track day!

L, why did you go to 503 for your tint?? I had to have my tint re-installed as it was scratching badly... They replaced the tint for free but charged me to do the felt ($40)
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 05:08 PM   #28
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States

I heard from someone at Rasmusson BMW that recommended that shop.....They look reputable, but I should have know better that they contract out tinters, so it's not done in-house.

There's another place called Alexia's Tint, should have gone there to check it out, but didn't find out about that until after the fact.

They're not charging me for the felt, b/c of the hassle with the scorched plastic piece.......Getting it done next Tues.

Is that who did your tint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCBR600 View Post
I set up an appointment with Adrenaline Racing, for tomorrow. We'll see how they do. I like that they have worked on my car before installing coilovers. He gave me a small deal as he said he would if I put the stickers on my car for the upcoming track day!

L, why did you go to 503 for your tint?? I had to have my tint re-installed as it was scratching badly... They replaced the tint for free but charged me to do the felt ($40)

'08 AW E90 335i
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 06:45 PM   #29
808AWD325xi
Ballin' out of control.
United_States

Drives: 2009 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstmx_ryder View Post
There's another place called Alexia's Tint, should have gone there to check it out, but didn't find out about that until after the fact.
Be thankful that you found about them after the fact. Alexia's is sketchy.

Their a tint school and will use your car as a teaching aid...guinea pig?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 07:03 PM   #30
mrCBR600
Private First Class

Drives: 2007 e90

Alexia's is where I took my car... Its my third one they did, and have done about 5 in the family. This was my first problem with them, but they fixed it for free, but charged me for the installation of the felt. Even let me change my tint to different shade!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 12:27 AM   #31
Khindian23
Registered

Drives: E90-335/dinan2/afe/borla

hey im kind of a newbie in the caar world and i know this forum is from awhile ago but do you think you could hook me up with your friend installing coilovers.. "the bmw tech".. I asked matrix and gave me a quote for 965 for labor and alignment and that was crazy....
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 01:06 AM   #32
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khindian23
hey im kind of a newbie in the caar world and i know this forum is from awhile ago but do you think you could hook me up with your friend installing coilovers.. "the bmw tech".. I asked matrix and gave me a quote for 965 for labor and alignment and that was crazy....
I would call up Dynasport in NW portland, haven't got any work done there, but talked to them a couple times about alignments, and power steering fluid flush and they seemed pretty knowledgeable. Another option would be Adrenaline Racing in Lake Oswego, but they quotes me $600 or so for coil over install....

I heard that the Lea Schwab does alignments and they charge less than $70 for it. Call the shop in Lake Oswego and ask for Neil, I talked to him personally regarding my alignment.

I'd stay away from 503 Motoring and Protek.....Just my .02

Good luck!

'08 AW E90 335i
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #33
marosmith
Big Matty Wheels
United_States

Drives: 06 330i, 01 ALLROAD

Never used them but I heard HM Motorsports does them.

http://www.hm-motorsports.com/
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 12:40 PM   #34
grassfeeder
Private First Class

Drives: 09 335i

call up Matrix Integrated - they're downtown PDX and should be able to help out.
Appreciate 0