E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > anyone need a photographer? thinkin i'll start doing photoshoots (13 samples inside)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-18-2009, 10:03 PM   #23
lul77
Lieutenant Colonel
 
lul77's Avatar
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: nj

Posts: 1,759
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3l0n View Post
Nice work. I'm about to start back getting into it once I finish the work on my car or atleast pass this milestone.
thanks man. can't wait to see the new mods
__________________

available for photoshoots in NJ/NY area. click links for ::samples:. http://lul77.zenfolio.com/
lul77 is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2009, 12:34 AM   #24
lul77
Lieutenant Colonel
 
lul77's Avatar
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: nj

Posts: 1,759
iTrader: (12)

lots of interest but no 1 seems to really wanna commit to shots
__________________

available for photoshoots in NJ/NY area. click links for ::samples:. http://lul77.zenfolio.com/
lul77 is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2009, 08:37 AM   #25
PNF
Colonel
 
PNF's Avatar
 
Drives: 15' YMB F80 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Wayne, PA / Taipei

Posts: 2,305
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lul77 View Post
lots of interest but no 1 seems to really wanna commit to shots
may I ask what equipment you use to take the shots?

what are the shots portfolio/index? i.e. any shots with fish eye lens? night shots? day shots, dawn/sunset shots?

I know all shots are processed somewhat, but looking for sharp night/low light environment, i.e. garage, (non-HDR) pictures..

just curious what you offer, thats all.


Ryan, you have new toys? I thought you're done with the car?!

I just installed my mtech rear last weekend!!
__________________
2015 F80 Fully loaded (minus the CCB) YMB M3 / Individual Amaro Brown (Est. Oct..)
2008 E92 335i (sold)
PNF is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2009, 08:49 AM   #26
MrWhite1015
Major General
 
MrWhite1015's Avatar
 
Drives: MINIVAN
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Westchester NY

Posts: 6,020
iTrader: (21)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to MrWhite1015
gonna need you when my rims come in
__________________
MrWhite1015 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2009, 09:14 AM   #27
JaysBlueE92
Mr. Monaco
 
JaysBlueE92's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow..
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 3,867
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 E92  [2.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lul77 View Post
lots of interest but no 1 seems to really wanna commit to shots
soon bro!
__________________
JaysBlueE92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2009, 09:19 AM   #28
PNF
Colonel
 
PNF's Avatar
 
Drives: 15' YMB F80 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Wayne, PA / Taipei

Posts: 2,305
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWhite1015 View Post
gonna need you when my rims come in
what rims did you end up getting??
__________________
2015 F80 Fully loaded (minus the CCB) YMB M3 / Individual Amaro Brown (Est. Oct..)
2008 E92 335i (sold)
PNF is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2009, 09:30 AM   #29
MrWhite1015
Major General
 
MrWhite1015's Avatar
 
Drives: MINIVAN
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Westchester NY

Posts: 6,020
iTrader: (21)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to MrWhite1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNF View Post
what rims did you end up getting??
forgestars
Attached Images
  
__________________
MrWhite1015 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2009, 10:11 AM   #30
JBiddy
Brigadier General
 
Drives: e90 ///M
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Northern/N.J

Posts: 3,618
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWhite1015 View Post
forgestars
rims look hot dave!
__________________
///M
JBiddy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2009, 10:28 AM   #31
MyE92
El Presidente
 
MyE92's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild.
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NJ

Posts: 6,814
iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNF View Post
may I ask what equipment you use to take the shots?

what are the shots portfolio/index? i.e. any shots with fish eye lens? night shots? day shots, dawn/sunset shots?

I know all shots are processed somewhat, but looking for sharp night/low light environment, i.e. garage, (non-HDR) pictures..

just curious what you offer, thats all.


Ryan, you have new toys? I thought you're done with the car?!

I just installed my mtech rear last weekend!!
I'm done with my car. I just have a few other pieces to throw on then, I'm officially done. I ended up selling the Vorsteiner front lip, but I'm still debating on the mtech sides.

Damn, had I known you were thinking of getting a mtech rear, I would've sold you mine for a good price. Welcome to the Mtech rear club. Can't wait to see it on your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWhite1015 View Post
forgestars
Dave, The wheels look great! Can't wait to see them on the car.
MyE92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2009, 10:38 AM   #32
PNF
Colonel
 
PNF's Avatar
 
Drives: 15' YMB F80 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Wayne, PA / Taipei

Posts: 2,305
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyE92 View Post
I'm done with my car. I just have a few other pieces to throw on then, I'm officially done. I ended up selling the Vorsteiner front lip, but I'm still debating on the mtech sides.

Damn, had I known you were thinking of getting a mtech rear, I would've sold you mine for a good price. Welcome to the Mtech rear club. Can't wait to see it on your car.



Dave, The wheels look great! Can't wait to see them on the car.
WTF... you forgot!!!

I meant, I heard you were saying that you were parting out like in September or something, and then I couldnt wait that long, so I went ahead and just ordered one from Sal!!

damn it... with yours, I dont even have to paint!!!

and also on the Vort lip!!!!!!! I liked the lip and I was thinking to get one too!! Too many people have Aero front lip... damn it, I think I just "over" spent on my mtech.

On the mtech sides, I dont think I'll get them, as I'll wait for the M3s to fit. Mtech sides, I think they should have made it a bit more aggressive.


Dave, damn, the wheel looks nice. When are they arriving??
__________________
2015 F80 Fully loaded (minus the CCB) YMB M3 / Individual Amaro Brown (Est. Oct..)
2008 E92 335i (sold)
PNF is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2009, 11:00 AM   #33
MrWhite1015
Major General
 
MrWhite1015's Avatar
 
Drives: MINIVAN
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Westchester NY

Posts: 6,020
iTrader: (21)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to MrWhite1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNF View Post
Dave, damn, the wheel looks nice. When are they arriving??
i ordered them last week ... so i would say in a week or 2
__________________
MrWhite1015 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2009, 11:04 AM   #34
PNF
Colonel
 
PNF's Avatar
 
Drives: 15' YMB F80 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Wayne, PA / Taipei

Posts: 2,305
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWhite1015 View Post
i ordered them last week ... so i would say in a week or 2
nice. Just in time for the 7/12 meet too!!

__________________
2015 F80 Fully loaded (minus the CCB) YMB M3 / Individual Amaro Brown (Est. Oct..)
2008 E92 335i (sold)
PNF is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2009, 07:09 PM   #35
MyE92
El Presidente
 
MyE92's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild.
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NJ

Posts: 6,814
iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNF View Post
WTF... you forgot!!!

I meant, I heard you were saying that you were parting out like in September or something, and then I couldnt wait that long, so I went ahead and just ordered one from Sal!!

damn it... with yours, I dont even have to paint!!!

and also on the Vort lip!!!!!!! I liked the lip and I was thinking to get one too!! Too many people have Aero front lip... damn it, I think I just "over" spent on my mtech.

On the mtech sides, I dont think I'll get them, as I'll wait for the M3s to fit. Mtech sides, I think they should have made it a bit more aggressive.


Dave, damn, the wheel looks nice. When are they arriving??
The main reason I purchased the Vorsteiner front in the first place was because everyone had the aero lip. Everyone also has the mtech rear now, i think the best way to go now would be Vorsteiner front and rear.
MyE92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2009, 09:22 PM   #36
PNF
Colonel
 
PNF's Avatar
 
Drives: 15' YMB F80 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Wayne, PA / Taipei

Posts: 2,305
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyE92 View Post
The main reason I purchased the Vorsteiner front in the first place was because everyone had the aero lip. Everyone also has the mtech rear now, i think the best way to go now would be Vorsteiner front and rear.
I still think the mtech rear looks the best (most subtle). I never really like the the aero rear, or the DD or just the CF diffuser one.

So, I think I'll still stick with mtech and if I can find a vorsteiner used/cheap, then I'll swap out my aero.
__________________
2015 F80 Fully loaded (minus the CCB) YMB M3 / Individual Amaro Brown (Est. Oct..)
2008 E92 335i (sold)
PNF is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2009, 10:41 PM   #37
lul77
Lieutenant Colonel
 
lul77's Avatar
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: nj

Posts: 1,759
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNF View Post
may I ask what equipment you use to take the shots?

what are the shots portfolio/index? i.e. any shots with fish eye lens? night shots? day shots, dawn/sunset shots?

I know all shots are processed somewhat, but looking for sharp night/low light environment, i.e. garage, (non-HDR) pictures..

just curious what you offer, thats all.


Ryan, you have new toys? I thought you're done with the car?!

I just installed my mtech rear last weekend!!
my main camera is nikon d40x w/ a wide angle 17-55mm 2.8fs lens
the other cameras i use is a canon rebel xti, and 50d. they have various lenses but i don't have a good wide angle lens for them so i don't use them as much.
55-250mm
28-135mm
18-55mm
i use the wide angle lens for most of the shots, it really helps pull in the background and surrounding area. the nikon lens was 1500 when it first came out and is nice and beefy. its my fav lens to use so thats why i use the nikon over the 15megapixel 50d. i don't have a fish eye lens, i'm not a fan of them really. as for low lighting pics, i've done garage shots before so i can def help you out. ryan's sig has a link to some shots i did last year and i've gotten a lot better since then. but they should give you an idea of what they' look like (they'd obviously be sharper now though)
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191121

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWhite1015 View Post
gonna need you when my rims come in
sounds good dave. lmk. and the new wheels look great did u get the jl trunk too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysBlueE92 View Post
soon bro!
can't wait man! i wanna see your diffuser still. haha mine's still in the mail. stupid suppliers
__________________

available for photoshoots in NJ/NY area. click links for ::samples:. http://lul77.zenfolio.com/
lul77 is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2009, 11:33 PM   #38
PNF
Colonel
 
PNF's Avatar
 
Drives: 15' YMB F80 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Wayne, PA / Taipei

Posts: 2,305
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lul77 View Post
my main camera is nikon d40x w/ a wide angle 17-55mm 2.8fs lens
the other cameras i use is a canon rebel xti, and 50d. they have various lenses but i don't have a good wide angle lens for them so i don't use them as much.
55-250mm
28-135mm
18-55mm
i use the wide angle lens for most of the shots, it really helps pull in the background and surrounding area. the nikon lens was 1500 when it first came out and is nice and beefy. its my fav lens to use so thats why i use the nikon over the 15megapixel 50d. i don't have a fish eye lens, i'm not a fan of them really. as for low lighting pics, i've done garage shots before so i can def help you out. ryan's sig has a link to some shots i did last year and i've gotten a lot better since then. but they should give you an idea of what they' look like (they'd obviously be sharper now though)
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191121



sounds good dave. lmk. and the new wheels look great did u get the jl trunk too?



can't wait man! i wanna see your diffuser still. haha mine's still in the mail. stupid suppliers
Interesting. You have a 50D and you dont use it and you invested in nikon lens with a D40x body? (I have a Nikon D40x + Canon 50D myself, but I invested in the Canon glasses/gear and not the Nikon) and the metering algorithum / sensor is so much better than the D40x and not to mention the advantage of multi focus points.

Thanx for the info man. The shots in that link really do look awesome. Location is perfect + some lightings are great.

__________________
2015 F80 Fully loaded (minus the CCB) YMB M3 / Individual Amaro Brown (Est. Oct..)
2008 E92 335i (sold)
PNF is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2009, 11:48 PM   #39
lul77
Lieutenant Colonel
 
lul77's Avatar
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: nj

Posts: 1,759
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNF View Post
Interesting. You have a 50D and you dont use it and you invested in nikon lens with a D40x body? (I have a Nikon D40x + Canon 50D myself, but I invested in the Canon glasses/gear and not the Nikon) and the metering algorithum / sensor is so much better than the D40x and not to mention the advantage of multi focus points.

Thanx for the info man. The shots in that link really do look awesome. Location is perfect + some lightings are great.

i agree about the 50d being better. but i own the d40x. the d50 is technically my dad's and he just lets me use it in exchange for teaching him how to take better shots. also i've had the d40x a lot longer so its gotten more time to invest in better lenses. i can't feasibly drop +$1000 on a canon lens now that i'm goin to do post undergrad studies. one class is like $600 plus the books i'll have to buy.

thanks for the compliment on the shots. i've been thinking of goin back to those shots and retouching them now that i'm more competent in photoshop. i think with some simpe sharpening, color burning, and dodging they'd have more contrast and detail.
__________________

available for photoshoots in NJ/NY area. click links for ::samples:. http://lul77.zenfolio.com/
lul77 is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      05-27-2009, 04:12 PM   #40
Derek@MAC Auto Couture
Guest
 
Drives:

Posts: n/a
Give us a call; we can always use a talented photog.
 
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST