E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Ordered my new 330i today!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-07-2006, 11:52 AM   #23
longislandbmw
New Member
0
Rep
26
Posts

 
Drives: HUMMER H3
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island

iTrader: (0)

I think I'm ready to go with the 330i. I'm working on price with a dealer and if he gives me the magic number, it's a done deal.
Premium, Cold Weather, Sport, Auto, Sat Prep, Nav. I'm hoping for around $42,500 - should that include destination or handling?

MSRP on a similar equipped 335i puts it at $48195. Roughly 6k. The engine in the 330i will be more than suitable for my needs and the engine appears to be rock solid after reading numerous posts from owners. It's also my first BMW, so it's a big step up from previous cars. Not so worried about resale, because these end up being two different cars after you take the price increase and enhancements. The savings also allows me to add nav which will be a nice addition.

Now it's up to the dealer to say yes. Anything I should look out for in terms of added fees he might look to tack on?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2006, 12:14 PM   #24
greginaz1
Captain
14
Rep
878
Posts

 
Drives: 06 EZGO
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Woods

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by longislandbmw
I think I'm ready to go with the 330i. I'm working on price with a dealer and if he gives me the magic number, it's a done deal.
Premium, Cold Weather, Sport, Auto, Sat Prep, Nav. I'm hoping for around $42,500 - should that include destination or handling?

MSRP on a similar equipped 335i puts it at $48195. Roughly 6k. The engine in the 330i will be more than suitable for my needs and the engine appears to be rock solid after reading numerous posts from owners. It's also my first BMW, so it's a big step up from previous cars. Not so worried about resale, because these end up being two different cars after you take the price increase and enhancements. The savings also allows me to add nav which will be a nice addition.

Now it's up to the dealer to say yes. Anything I should look out for in terms of added fees he might look to tack on?
The 330 engine is a great one but it just lacks in torque...if you never really had a high torque engine (300+ lb ft area) it makes it easier to not miss it...I made the mistake of owning an M5 for a couple years though...
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2006, 12:46 PM   #25
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
35
Rep
2,861
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 535i MSport
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Honolulu

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by longislandbmw
I think I'm ready to go with the 330i. I'm working on price with a dealer and if he gives me the magic number, it's a done deal.
Premium, Cold Weather, Sport, Auto, Sat Prep, Nav. I'm hoping for around $42,500 - should that include destination or handling?

MSRP on a similar equipped 335i puts it at $48195. Roughly 6k. The engine in the 330i will be more than suitable for my needs and the engine appears to be rock solid after reading numerous posts from owners. It's also my first BMW, so it's a big step up from previous cars. Not so worried about resale, because these end up being two different cars after you take the price increase and enhancements. The savings also allows me to add nav which will be a nice addition.

Now it's up to the dealer to say yes. Anything I should look out for in terms of added fees he might look to tack on?
Don't let them add anything other than free carpets and a key chain which are pretty standard. More if you can swing it. You might want to check out the tire/wheel warranty. Might be a good option down the road.
__________________
Can you say Alooooha?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2006, 12:55 PM   #26
longislandbmw
New Member
0
Rep
26
Posts

 
Drives: HUMMER H3
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island

iTrader: (0)

Apparently, that car was no longer available and the dealer said, "no way they do $500 over invoice on that car or any car"..."not worth doing the paperwork".
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2006, 10:07 PM   #27
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
Jay_328's Avatar
21
Rep
1,596
Posts

 
Drives: 07 e92
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: VA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by longislandbmw
Apparently, that car was no longer available and the dealer said, "no way they do $500 over invoice on that car or any car"..."not worth doing the paperwork".
what an @$$ ... dude, go somewhere else
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2006, 08:43 AM   #28
horatiub
Banned
horatiub's Avatar
12
Rep
269
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 325i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by longislandbmw
Apparently, that car was no longer available and the dealer said, "no way they do $500 over invoice on that car or any car"..."not worth doing the paperwork".
that's sad
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2006, 08:54 AM   #29
longislandbmw
New Member
0
Rep
26
Posts

 
Drives: HUMMER H3
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island

iTrader: (0)

I mentioned to him that I've seen many folks getting $500 over invoice. To which he said, "do you believe everything you read on the internet". Anyway, I called the other dealer I visited and the sales guy doesn't work there anymore. I will probably pursue a "fax strategy" - send out a list of what I want and ask them to reply with "best price".
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2006, 10:40 AM   #30
greginaz1
Captain
14
Rep
878
Posts

 
Drives: 06 EZGO
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Woods

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by longislandbmw
I mentioned to him that I've seen many folks getting $500 over invoice. To which he said, "do you believe everything you read on the internet". Anyway, I called the other dealer I visited and the sales guy doesn't work there anymore. I will probably pursue a "fax strategy" - send out a list of what I want and ask them to reply with "best price".
I'm sure they found somebody else that was willing to pay more...can't blame them...there may actually be a little 'run' on 330's since they are a lot less $ than a new 335 and the lease rates are decent...plus production will be done soon...smart dealers will wait for the 'right' buyer.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2006, 04:35 PM   #31
BMWoo
Private First Class
1
Rep
127
Posts

 
Drives: 03 Z MT, 06 330i
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Midwest

iTrader: (0)

Yeah, that sucks - sorry man. My 330i will be here in about 10 days, and I didn't get mine for $500 over invoice. Of course, I didn't know about any of these forums prior to going and signing the paperwork though. I thought I got a good deal, and I'm still happy about it, even after reading some of these posts... plus, I got a great deal on my trade, more than I expected, so I feel as if it somewhat offset.

I'm a little worried about all these mysterious fees that are showing up last minute that others are talking about... I already essentially signed a contract - can they do that?
__________________
2006 Black Sapphire 330i - Prem, Sport, Nav, Htd Sts, MT, Beige, Burl... dlvd 08/23/06
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2006, 04:43 PM   #32
longislandbmw
New Member
0
Rep
26
Posts

 
Drives: HUMMER H3
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island

iTrader: (0)

I'm going to give it one more try with a group of area dealers. I faxed a wish list of features and what I perceive to be a fair price for the car. I've asked them to fax back bids over the next three days. Either I'll be buying a new 330i in the next few days or it's time to start thinking about the 335i. It also gives me a chance to use my new fax machine.

Congrats on your new 330i. I hope to be joining the ranks.

Is the $300 "regional charge" MACO? If so, should I expect to add that to my bottom line price (which is $500 above invoice)?

BTW, thanks to everyone on these forums. I cannot imagine going through this process without boards like this.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST