E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > VRSF race exhaust



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-10-2014, 07:35 AM   #1
jeison33
New Member
 
jeison33's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335i sedan
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Virginia

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

VRSF race exhaust

Been hearing for a while that tiago has been working on a race exhaust version. Are there any cars currently running this exhaust? If not does anyone know a release date on it? I checked his website but no updates on this. Thanks
jeison33 is offline  
0
      03-10-2014, 08:39 AM   #2
Mit_Boost
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 335
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: NJ

Posts: 441
iTrader: (0)

Not sure what the current VRSF exhaust doesn't already offer that a "Race" exhaust would : The current exhaust is already fully catless & 3.5" piping, which is plenty for even the World Record N54 power levels (3.5" is good up to 1k HP).
__________________

Data & Concrete Proof Over Everything
Mit_Boost is offline   Germany
0
      03-10-2014, 09:24 AM   #3
JStang
N54 ADDICT
 
JStang's Avatar
 
Drives: FBO E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: St. Petersburg, FL

Posts: 2,789
iTrader: (6)

I heard they are working on a mid-pipe revision to fix fitment issues. I may be on board once it's done.
__________________

PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R/Koni Sport | BBS CH-R
JStang is offline  
0
      03-10-2014, 09:26 AM   #4
alexx03
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335I
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vaughan

Posts: 420
iTrader: (2)

im pretty sure tiago said there would never be a "race version" because there wouldnt be enough interest.
the mid pipe revision is coming,we just dont know when.
alexx03 is offline  
0
      03-10-2014, 10:17 AM   #5
Stucks
Major
 
Stucks's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Montgomery County, MD

Posts: 1,331
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStang View Post
I heard they are working on a mid-pipe revision to fix fitment issues. I may be on board once it's done.
+1. He has stated several times they are doing a revision to the fitment of their exhaust.

He has also stated they tried a muffler-less race setup rear section (much like the hpf style) with their exhaust, but it was just way too loud and droned horribly, so they will not produce anything along those lines.
__________________
Current: 2008 e92 335i coupe. FBO+e60 mix. Now with meth.
Previous: 2003 Honda Accord V6 coupe: AEM V2, zex 75 wet shot (sold)
Stucks is offline   United_States
0
      03-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #6
8335i9
Private
 
8335i9's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i E90 6mt
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: San Antonio, TX

Posts: 74
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I was talking to Tiago about the mid pipe, and he stated that once it comes out, the people who purchased it before the revision, can get the mid pipe at no cost.
__________________
2009 BMW e90 335i 6mt-VRSF 7" FMIC, VRSF Dp's, JB4 G5, BMS DCI, CF Vinyl Exterior Trim, CF Vinyl Interior Wrap, M Performance Shifter, M Performance E-Brake, Front Mtech Bumper, Rear Mtech Bumper, Stop Tech Slotted Front and Rear Brakes, Michelin Super Sports.
8335i9 is offline   United_States
0
      03-13-2014, 10:45 AM   #7
jeison33
New Member
 
jeison33's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335i sedan
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Virginia

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Ok thanks for the info.
jeison33 is offline  
0
      03-13-2014, 11:11 AM   #8
Tiago@VRSF
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Tiago@VRSF's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i, F30 328i, F82 M4
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hudson, MA

Posts: 5,703
iTrader: (88)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Tiago@VRSF
We're working on a resonated muffler-less setup along with the revision. It's going to be a separate add on for anyone interested and it's going to have as much drone as the HPF and other custom muffler less setups out there which I personally find is too loud, but at the track should be fine. Should be ready the same time the mid pipe revision is (mid-summer).
Tiago@VRSF is offline   United_States
0
      03-13-2014, 11:31 AM   #9
HighPSI
Banned
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 281
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
We're working on a resonated muffler-less setup along with the revision. It's going to be a separate add on for anyone interested and it's going to have as much drone as the HPF and other custom muffler less setups out there which I personally find is too loud, but at the track should be fine. Should be ready the same time the mid pipe revision is (mid-summer).
Tiago have you tested an Ultra-Quiet resonator option in the rear to go with the resonator in the mid? This could be the answer

Check it:

http://vibrantperformance.com/catalo...1022_1033_1055

It will offer a full straight pipe, more weight saving and could really refine the sound even further. 2xUltra quiet in the rear and 1 standard resonator in the mid
HighPSI is offline  
0
      03-13-2014, 11:36 AM   #10
Tiago@VRSF
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Tiago@VRSF's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i, F30 328i, F82 M4
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hudson, MA

Posts: 5,703
iTrader: (88)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Tiago@VRSF
We have tried multiple resonators in the mid with a large inline muffler and 2 more resonators in the rear, and it still droned. At that point, the exhaust cost $300 more than it would now, weighed 20lbs more and still sounded like a civic.

I've tried at least 7-8 different combinations, some with helmholtz resonators and there's no way to produce a mufflerless system that doesn't drone on this platform. If you want the volume, you'll have to put up with the drone.
Tiago@VRSF is offline   United_States
0
      03-13-2014, 11:38 AM   #11
AlpineSwift
Colonel
 
AlpineSwift's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335Xi Coupé
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Castle Rock, CO

Posts: 2,062
iTrader: (2)

Even with the revision, are the Xi guys still going to need the modification of the mid pipe if we have the VRSF DP's? I'm just curious because I figure if I'm getting the downpipes done I might as well get the rest of the exhaust done at the same time.
__________________
E92 '08 335Xi 6AT - Cobb AP V2, ar design DP's, BMW PE w/Race Cats & Cyba Tips, VRSF CP w/Tial BOV, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS DCI, BMS Cowl, H&R Coilovers, Renn Motorsport RS-51's, Alpina TCU Flash, Turner Boost Gauge, Fully Coded.
Tanya: The Build Thread
Dyno Sheets w/Current Mods
AlpineSwift is offline   United_States
0
      03-13-2014, 11:42 AM   #12
Tiago@VRSF
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Tiago@VRSF's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i, F30 328i, F82 M4
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hudson, MA

Posts: 5,703
iTrader: (88)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Tiago@VRSF
We're revising the front pipe so there'll be a couple flex sections and a longer 2.5" to 3.5" collector in hopes to replicate the OEM flexibility
Tiago@VRSF is offline   United_States
0
      03-13-2014, 11:45 AM   #13
HighPSI
Banned
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 281
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
We have tried multiple resonators in the mid with a large inline muffler and 2 more resonators in the rear, and it still droned. At that point, the exhaust cost $300 more than it would now, weighed 20lbs more and still sounded like a civic.

I've tried at least 7-8 different combinations, some with helmholtz resonators and there's no way to produce a mufflerless system that doesn't drone on this platform. If you want the volume, you'll have to put up with the drone.
Maybe the diameter of the helmholtz wasn't calculated properly because it should remove the drone if the sizing is correct.
HighPSI is offline  
0
      03-13-2014, 12:04 PM   #14
Tiago@VRSF
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Tiago@VRSF's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i, F30 328i, F82 M4
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hudson, MA

Posts: 5,703
iTrader: (88)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Tiago@VRSF
Diameter and length. I have the utmost confidence in our engineer and judging from the calculations/equations I saw, it wasn't very complex.
Tiago@VRSF is offline   United_States
0
      03-13-2014, 02:03 PM   #15
HighPSI
Banned
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 281
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
Diameter and length. I have the utmost confidence in our engineer and judging from the calculations/equations I saw, it wasn't very complex.
Sorry, I don't mean to come off rude but that just doesn't make any sense.

A sidebranch helmholtz resonator will remove drone on any application.

Was this an in-house engineer of yours because I was under the impression that you're a vendor who doesn't actually have a R&D facility and that all of your products are manufactured overseas by a 3rd party. Correct me if I'm wrong.
HighPSI is offline  
0
      03-13-2014, 03:33 PM   #16
Tiago@VRSF
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Tiago@VRSF's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i, F30 328i, F82 M4
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hudson, MA

Posts: 5,703
iTrader: (88)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Tiago@VRSF
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPSI View Post
Sorry, I don't mean to come off rude but that just doesn't make any sense.

A sidebranch helmholtz resonator will remove drone on any application.

Was this an in-house engineer of yours because I was under the impression that you're a vendor who doesn't actually have a R&D facility and that all of your products are manufactured overseas by a 3rd party. Correct me if I'm wrong.
You're wrong.
Tiago@VRSF is offline   United_States
0
      03-13-2014, 04:06 PM   #17
pwr hungry
Major
 
Drives: 335
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Amer'ca

Posts: 1,177
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
You're wrong.
simple and to the point!
pwr hungry is offline  
0
      03-13-2014, 04:17 PM   #18
TurboSid
Colonel
 
TurboSid's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 AW 335is Coupe DCT
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Florida

Posts: 2,019
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Tiago is it true that those that have your exhaust can get the replacement revision free?

I love the exhaust but fitament does leave a lot to be desired currently.
__________________
TurboSid is offline  
0
      03-13-2014, 06:24 PM   #19
Tiago@VRSF
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Tiago@VRSF's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i, F30 328i, F82 M4
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hudson, MA

Posts: 5,703
iTrader: (88)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Tiago@VRSF
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSid View Post
Tiago is it true that those that have your exhaust can get the replacement revision free?

I love the exhaust but fitament does leave a lot to be desired currently.
We're going to offer the replacement mid-pipes with better fitment free of charge to anyone who originally purchased our exhaust
Tiago@VRSF is offline   United_States
0
      03-13-2014, 09:15 PM   #20
jasonX
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 09 e92 335i 6-Speed
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NJ/CT

Posts: 254
iTrader: (1)

Will this new mid-pipe revision allow us to retain our factory V-Brace?
__________________
Current:
2009 335i e92

Former:
2008 335xi e92
jasonX is offline  
0
      03-13-2014, 09:44 PM   #21
HighPSI
Banned
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 281
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
You're wrong.
I'm wrong? OK well where is your facility located because on your website it doesn't state an address. Do you have pictures of your shop where you manufacture your parts and conduct the R&D. It seems odd that you would release an exhaust that has clearance issues and also doesn't reuse the Vbrace. Surely If you had your own facility you would've seen th issues on a test car.

For as long as I could remember your company was a reseller, not a manufacturer. It's OK if you use a 3rd party from China to make your parts. There's a reason why they are so cost effective, however please don't lie to the public and say you have in house engineers when really you work out of a home office/small warehouse.
HighPSI is offline  
0
      03-13-2014, 11:11 PM   #22
TeinBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2011 335xi Msport, Conv, Tech
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Calgary

Posts: 1,732
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
You're wrong.
I'm wrong? OK well where is your facility located because on your website it doesn't state an address. Do you have pictures of your shop where you manufacture your parts and conduct the R&D. It seems odd that you would release an exhaust that has clearance issues and also doesn't reuse the Vbrace. Surely If you had your own facility you would've seen th issues on a test car.

For as long as I could remember your company was a reseller, not a manufacturer. It's OK if you use a 3rd party from China to make your parts. There's a reason why they are so cost effective, however please don't lie to the public and say you have in house engineers when really you work out of a home office/small warehouse.
Ouch
__________________
2011 Le Mans Blue N55 335xi Msport, Convenience, Technology, BMS intake, COBB AP, VRSF Downpipe, PE
TeinBMW is offline  
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST