E90Post

N54Tuning.com

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY- Rear Fog Lights

Comment

Tutorial Tools Search this Tutorial
  DIY- Rear Fog Lights
brianlay
08-08-2006
US cars can have the rear foglights enabled by replacing the light switch with the Euro version. These are the same lamps already installed as adaptive brake lights. While the rear fogs are switched on, the adaptive brake light function is disabled.

Parts required- 61 31 6 932 796 ...
By urnone on 06-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
This is the essence of having the Mod bug and proof that modding is a disease. (getting your mods b4 the car) :rocks:
Hahahaha later this week im gonna be ordering my painted reflectors as well. LOL I probably wont be doing too many mods but rear fogs will be my favorite.
By Jobu on 06-05-2007, 10:03 PM
OK. Got my switch. Its ON! This weekend is the DIY date!
By ejazbmw on 06-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
Yes.
thanks man i just did it took me no longer then 10 mins would have been 5mins but the wood trim is the hardest thing to pop off
By MyE92 on 06-06-2007, 05:34 PM
I just did it, it took me less than 5 mins. My aluminum trim popped right off, no tools needed. Great DIY!
By xtlwulf on 06-06-2007, 07:24 PM
hey where can i get the switch?
By EHDEN on 06-06-2007, 07:48 PM
nice mod...any one in the Miami area thinking of doing this mod?
By HyperM3 on 06-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtlwulf View Post
hey where can i get the switch?
You already have it.
By Swoop on 06-06-2007, 09:44 PM
diy without the switch, find yourself a penny, some glue, and an Ikea screw.....Wil save you $65
By HyperM3 on 06-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Pardon me, and I could be wrong here, but this is THE DIY(DO IT YOURSELF) thread for the mod. NOT the buy-part-replace-stock-part thread.
By Swoop on 06-06-2007, 10:57 PM
It's still do it yourself, right...only more literally....jeez, lighten up....Date go bad?
By Swoop on 06-06-2007, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
You already have it.
besides, isn't that what you were refering to anyway....?
By HyperM3 on 06-06-2007, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
besides, isn't that what you were refering to anyway....?
Yeah but seemed to have gone over the posters head.
By Jobu on 06-09-2007, 08:53 AM
Did mine this morning. My first mod of a car since high school, and that was a long time ago! Now, I'm hooked again. It is simple, as everyone has said. However, being careful is important. Perhaps that is obvious.

BTW, I like the grey "lever" that locks and releases the wiring harness from the switch. It's nice to see quality beneath the surface.

Great DIY. Next up, angel eyes. Thanks to all on this thread.
By Swoop on 06-09-2007, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu View Post
Did mine this morning. My first mod of a car since high school, and that was a long time ago! Now, I'm hooked again. It is simple, as everyone has said. However, being careful is important. Perhaps that is obvious.

BTW, I like the grey "lever" that locks and releases the wiring harness from the switch. It's nice to see quality beneath the surface.

Great DIY. Next up, angel eyes. Thanks to all on this thread.
I meant to say something about that lock lever too. It's a pretty intense little design
By ejazbmw on 06-12-2007, 01:49 PM
having a bit of a problem my next door neighbors switch just came in after he saw mine he ordered one as well.....so he asked me to help him out but i couldnt seem to pop his wood trim off its in there tightly mine on the other hand was abit tight but came off....i tried the using a butter knife but theres no room to wedge it in...any tips i wanna help this poor guy out....
By Jobu on 06-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
having a bit of a problem my next door neighbors switch just came in after he saw mine he ordered one as well.....so he asked me to help him out but i couldnt seem to pop his wood trim off its in there tightly mine on the other hand was abit tight but came off....i tried the using a butter knife but theres no room to wedge it in...any tips i wanna help this poor guy out....
Did you try the two plastic card thing pictured midway through this thread? Costco cars are pretty good - not too thick. I actually used a costco card and a NYC Metrocard (very thin). I squeezed them in, metrocard on the dash side. Then I slipped a long thin screwdriver blade between them. That opens up a little space. I suppose you could use two metro cards if you're having trouble getting them in.
By ejazbmw on 06-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu View Post
Did you try the two plastic card thing pictured midway through this thread? Costco cars are pretty good - not too thick. I actually used a costco card and a NYC Metrocard (very thin). I squeezed them in, metrocard on the dash side. Then I slipped a long thin screwdriver blade between them. That opens up a little space. I suppose you could use two metro cards if you're having trouble getting them in.
i may just have to try this on mine i just pulled it out with my hands but man his is in there really tight.....thanks for the advice....anyone?
By ejazbmw on 06-12-2007, 04:28 PM
damn this guy just cant catch a break i got everything out for him and now i was ready to put everything back in place but now the plug wont plug in the new switch.....i didnt want to force it in.. i dont know anyone with this experince? im sorry if im annoying its just the guy just had some serious heart surgery so im trying to help him out with stuff......i never had this problem with mine....
By Jobu on 06-12-2007, 06:21 PM
Quote:
damn this guy just cant catch a break i got everything out for him and now i was ready to put everything back in place but now the plug wont plug in the new switch.....i didnt want to force it in.. i dont know anyone with this experince? im sorry if im annoying its just the guy just had some serious heart surgery so im trying to help him out with stuff......i never had this problem with mine....
My switch fit perfectly... dunno why his doesn't fit! He should get on the site w/ pics!
By ejazbmw on 06-12-2007, 07:07 PM
well im gonna head over and try to finish it up for him cuz he needs to drive tomorrow...im not sure whats wrong though the needles wont go in the holes.....im gonna try to fix it.....
By speedytobey on 06-13-2007, 01:24 PM
done mine yesterday, easy, best mod ever after reflector delete..
By trick50 on 06-13-2007, 03:36 PM
Quote:
well im gonna head over and try to finish it up for him cuz he needs to drive tomorrow...im not sure whats wrong though the needles wont go in the holes.....im gonna try to fix it.....
any luck?
Comment