E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > (E90) Official Sparkling Graphite E90 Thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-23-2005, 01:04 PM   #23
bozo5521
First Lieutenant
bozo5521's Avatar
7
Rep
336
Posts

 
Drives: '04/E53/X5/3.0/PP
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkE90M3
best pshop of the car yet, I love these wheels on the SG E90
Here we go again!...
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2005, 06:23 PM   #24
BMWAustin
Private First Class
2
Rep
135
Posts

 
Drives: e90 330i
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertb
BMWAustin,
You can track the shipment if you have your VIN number at this site:

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/cargoTrack.do

Select Track by Auto Cargo, then use your VIN as the Cargo ID. My car is going to NY, NY port which I imagine will be the first stop???
I keep getting this message 'No tracking information is available for the Cargo ID you entered'. I have tried before you mentioned.

I am wondering if it is shipped with different shipping company.

I stopped by the dealer today and he mentioned that my car will be at VPC by May1st and to the dealer by May 10th,
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2005, 10:38 PM   #25
Jason
Administrator
Jason's Avatar
United_States
6703
Rep
16,676
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)









Appreciate 0
      04-27-2005, 11:04 AM   #26
Jason
Administrator
Jason's Avatar
United_States
6703
Rep
16,676
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2005, 08:51 PM   #27
BimmerJon
Private
2
Rep
73
Posts

 
Drives: 328ci
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Univ. of Mich.

iTrader: (0)

Some nice SG pics. To the owner (you know who you are), it's a beautiful car and thanks for letting us all admire it. I really think this is my favorite color afterall.
Attached Images
      
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2005, 04:48 AM   #28
kchika
Lieutenant
21
Rep
532
Posts

 
Drives: E36 M3 Evo, E46 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerJon
Some nice SG pics. To the owner (you know who you are), it's a beautiful car and thanks for letting us all admire it. I really think this is my favorite color afterall.
Nice pics! Do you have the brushed aluminum trim?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2005, 11:35 AM   #29
bimmer06
New Member
0
Rep
15
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Mar 2005

iTrader: (0)

I test drove a 330i in SG yesterday. The color is stunning especially with the chrome trim. The hint of purple is there based on different lighting but not enough for me to disregard the color. I am deciding between the TS and SG. Next to each other the TS gave me the perception of being a larger color, which I personally like. The drawbacks are it is way too common and I have been driving a TS 323i for over 5 years and would like a change. I am going to keep visiting the dealer to see the cars in all different lighting situations before making a final decision.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2005, 11:38 AM   #30
a3ndy
Second Lieutenant
a3ndy's Avatar
42
Rep
260
Posts

 
Drives: E90 330i SE
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i SE  [0.00]
Good luck with your decison.
__________________

| Titanium Silver | Steptronic | 18" Ellipsoid 162 Alloys | Black Dakota Leather | Xenons | Business Nav | PDC |
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2005, 12:02 PM   #31
kchika
Lieutenant
21
Rep
532
Posts

 
Drives: E36 M3 Evo, E46 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer06
I test drove a 330i in SG yesterday. The color is stunning especially with the chrome trim. The hint of purple is there based on different lighting but not enough for me to disregard the color. I am deciding between the TS and SG. Next to each other the TS gave me the perception of being a larger color, which I personally like. The drawbacks are it is way too common and I have been driving a TS 323i for over 5 years and would like a change. I am going to keep visiting the dealer to see the cars in all different lighting situations before making a final decision.
Good luck with your decision....how was the test drive btw?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2005, 04:11 PM   #32
Jason
Administrator
Jason's Avatar
United_States
6703
Rep
16,676
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)














Appreciate 0
      05-01-2005, 02:10 AM   #33
Armen52
Captain
Armen52's Avatar
14
Rep
658
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
All great pics. BimmerJon I guess that's not your car but its exactly the color combination that I want to order. I just want to see it in person before I do but I've yet to hear of any cars coming in to the dealer with gray interior. Seems its not very popular.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2005, 12:06 PM   #34
BMWAustin
Private First Class
2
Rep
135
Posts

 
Drives: e90 330i
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

bimmer06, I had the same impression on SG, there is a hint of purple but i can live it. after seeing all the colors in person, i can tell the only two color i would buy are SG and TS and i end up with SG myself.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2005, 01:04 PM   #35
jillian
New Member
0
Rep
10
Posts

 
Drives: 06 BMW 325i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: HB-Surf City, CA

iTrader: (0)

Armen I ordered my sparkling graphite with gray leather and burl interior. I currently drive an Orient Blue 325i (02) with gray/burl and I think it looks great. I had the same concern about the color combo since I have not seen many posts with this combination. My concern was put to rest yesterday. After I went on my test drive of the 06 325i (2 thumbs up by the way) my salesperson brought me over to an 05 convertible (330 ci I believe) with the sparkling graphite/gray leather combination and it looked great. It will keep the car cooler in the summer. I live at the beach, but I work inland where temps can stay in the 80's to 90's and sometimes 100's during summer months. I do plan on tinting the windows though.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2005, 06:29 PM   #36
Armen52
Captain
Armen52's Avatar
14
Rep
658
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillian
Armen I ordered my sparkling graphite with gray leather and burl interior. I currently drive an Orient Blue 325i (02) with gray/burl and I think it looks great. I had the same concern about the color combo since I have not seen many posts with this combination. My concern was put to rest yesterday. After I went on my test drive of the 06 325i (2 thumbs up by the way) my salesperson brought me over to an 05 convertible (330 ci I believe) with the sparkling graphite/gray leather combination and it looked great. It will keep the car cooler in the summer. I live at the beach, but I work inland where temps can stay in the 80's to 90's and sometimes 100's during summer months. I do plan on tinting the windows though.
Wow well that's great feedback I appreciate it. Now one thing I haven't seen at ALL is a gray interior with wood trim. I have not even considered it because I don't know what it would look like and my imagination tells me not good but its not really based on any evidence.

Do you have any pictures at all of a gray leather/wood interior to share?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2005, 10:34 AM   #37
lumberman
Private First Class
lumberman's Avatar
3
Rep
188
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Macau

iTrader: (0)

grey interior looks great, and it also make you feel roomier because of the light color, it will certainly looks good on dark color car.

however, I do have a mb c320 silver with grey interior, and trust me, it just too hard to maintain. you have to take care everytime your butt sit inside the car, even worst if it your friend's butt, which you can't do much about it. I ended up with black stain everywhere and it never goes away
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2005, 09:03 PM   #38
jillian
New Member
0
Rep
10
Posts

 
Drives: 06 BMW 325i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: HB-Surf City, CA

iTrader: (0)

Armen,
Finally-attached are a few pictures of the Gray Interior with the Myrtle Wood in my E46. I had to use the camera on my phone, so the quality is not great. By the way, I recently upgraded my phone to the Motorola Razr V3 which is bluetooth enabled in preparation for my E90! This will give you some idea of the darker wood with the gray.
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2005, 11:05 PM   #39
Armen52
Captain
Armen52's Avatar
14
Rep
658
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
It looks okay in your car but like you said the quality isn't that great on the photos (congrats on the very snazzy phone) and the new E90 has a bit different wood. I will either wait to see it in person or I'll have to order before then since it doesn't seem like many are coming in to the dealer in gray.

Thanks for the pics tho.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2005, 02:13 AM   #40
MarkA
Resident Nürburgring Junkie
Scotland
6
Rep
195
Posts

 
Drives: 320Si
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozo5521
C,mon JW!! Everytime a new photo thread pops up, I start rethinking my position! Not about color of course, but this time its the wheels. This is the first time Ive actually seen decent photos of the Type 161's. They are sweet! I was so settled with the 162's, but the 161's definitealy give it a sharp look..Uh oh, back to the drawing board ...Luckily it is one of those things you can change after the fact...
I've ordered the 161s on my Arctic Silver car... but I'm veering toward changing my order to SG. I think the darker colours suit cars without the chrome bright work. (i.e. the 320D, 320i etc) where as the lighter colours suit the cars with the chrome grille and chrome window fittings (i.e. 330i)

Light coloured cars without the chrome grille look a little squashed and wide mouthed in my opinion. (I suppose retro-fitting of chrome grills will be popular). Cars that are darker in colour with the black grilles show off the kidney shape better which helps minimise the flatness and gives a more aggressive look.

I think SG looks fantastic with the 161s! hmmmmm... (I need to contact my dealer )
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2005, 09:05 PM   #41
Jason
Administrator
Jason's Avatar
United_States
6703
Rep
16,676
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

.
Attached Images
    
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2005, 12:02 PM   #42
mhaas
German in exile...
Czech_Republic
0
Rep
20
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 E90 330dA M-Package
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Prague, Czech Republic - Lugano, Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

soon2be90

I am not sure where you saw a M3 CSL on any of the pics! There is certainly not one on this page! Mathis
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2005, 12:18 PM   #43
xspeedy
Second Lieutenant
4
Rep
265
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Mar 2005

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armen52
It looks okay in your car but like you said the quality isn't that great on the photos (congrats on the very snazzy phone) and the new E90 has a bit different wood. I will either wait to see it in person or I'll have to order before then since it doesn't seem like many are coming in to the dealer in gray.

Thanks for the pics tho.


Appreciate 0
      05-11-2005, 12:33 PM   #44
kchika
Lieutenant
21
Rep
532
Posts

 
Drives: E36 M3 Evo, E46 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Nice pics xspeedy! Do you have any pics of the whole car?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST