E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > My L.E.T. Tune Experience = Amazing!

06-01-2009, 08:36 AM   #45
ragingclue
One cam is enough

Drives: VF

True.

A lot of these flashes, and even JB3 1.3 have shown incredible torque gains down low....

How much do they normally charge for an individualized dyno tune?
      06-01-2009, 08:51 AM   #46
yoiko
First Class

Drives: M3 GTS

335iPaul, What if you need to bring your car in for warranty work? Can they flash it back to stock?
I am really interested in stage II. They are local too, which is a plus for me.
yoiko is offline   United_States
      06-01-2009, 08:54 AM   #47
ragingclue
One cam is enough

Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoiko View Post
335iPaul, What if you need to bring your car in for warranty work? Can they flash it back to stock?
I am really interested in stage II. They are local too, which is a plus for me.
They will flash it back to stock, no charge, as I understand it. They do insist it's undetectable at the dealer, but techs have butt dynos too....
      06-01-2009, 09:33 AM   #48
335iPaul
Colonel

Drives: 2007 335i SG

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to 335iPaul Send a message via MSN to 335iPaul
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
They will flash it back to stock, no charge, as I understand it. They do insist it's undetectable at the dealer, but techs have butt dynos too....
+1

They will flash back to stock no charge and then back to your flash after your dealer trip.
335iPaul is offline   United_States
      06-01-2009, 09:36 AM   #49
yoiko
First Class

I just went to the cs tuning website and it says the flash cost $999.
      06-01-2009, 09:48 AM   #50
335iPaul
Colonel

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoiko View Post
I just went to the cs tuning website and it says the flash cost $999.
They have not had time to update their site lately. Cost, as Nebster stated earlier is $500.
      06-01-2009, 10:14 AM   #51
kyleb350
Brigadier General

Drives: F30 335i M-Sport

Glad you like it Paul.

He who has power always wants more power. lol. You get the modding bug yet?
kyleb350 is offline   United_States
      06-01-2009, 11:22 AM   #52
nood1es
Captain

Drives: E70

hey neb, do u know how much the portable flasher is? Since Im not local and driving to them 2hrs and back will be a hassle everytime i take it to the dealer.
      06-01-2009, 11:30 AM   #53
Nebster
Brigadier General

Drives: E92 BMW 335i

Send a message via AIM to Nebster
they have one they can send you with a deposit. They haven't developed a portable one that you can buy yet. I believe that one will be ~600

I'm not sure what the deposit is though

detailing in the greater chicago area.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website, pertaining to modifications does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Nebster is offline   United_States
      06-01-2009, 01:06 PM   #54
335iPaul
Colonel

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
Glad you like it Paul.

He who has power always wants more power. lol. You get the modding bug yet?
Hell I had blacklines and black grills the week I bought my car. I am well into the mod bug. Looking at exhaust and fmic along with wheels and suspension now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebster View Post
they have one they can send you with a deposit. They haven't developed a portable one that you can buy yet. I believe that one will be ~600

I'm not sure what the deposit is though
I think they just take a valid cc number to hold but don't actually charge it unless you don't return the device. The device is like $2000 so you will want to be sure to return it.

Last edited by 335iPaul; 06-01-2009 at 09:01 PM.
      06-01-2009, 08:53 PM   #55
nood1es
Captain

Drives: E70

im sold on this thing. Moment I get my sedan, im heading over to them...is there any special rates? oO

also, its completely undectable tho correct?
      06-01-2009, 09:00 PM   #56
335iPaul
Colonel

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nood1es View Post
im sold on this thing. Moment I get my sedan, im heading over to them...is there any special rates? oO

also, its completely undectable tho correct?
If someone drives your car and drives 335's all the time, their butt dyno will tell them something is different. For someone who doesn't get a 335 out all the time or who doesn't drive one daily, they aren't as likely to be able to tell the difference.
      06-01-2009, 09:12 PM   #57
Nebster
Brigadier General

the dealer wouldn't be able to tell if they drove it

Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website, pertaining to modifications does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
      06-03-2009, 06:10 AM   #58
Nebster
Brigadier General

I'm heading to the dealer today!

will have info for everyone

06-03-2009, 07:52 AM   #59
CubanJJ09
Banned

Drives: like an asshole

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [3.09]
Send a message via AIM to CubanJJ09
For what chief
CubanJJ09 is offline   United_States
      06-03-2009, 08:00 AM   #60
Nebster
Brigadier General

standard oil change and 1 year maintenance

06-03-2009, 08:28 AM   #61
335iPaul
Colonel

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
at the dealer now actually.
      06-03-2009, 09:47 AM   #62
Chi-Town 335xi
First Lieutenant

Drives: 335 xi

My LET experience

****IMPORTANT******--This passage below are my own thoughts and expressions, NOT from someone who works for, or sleeps with anyone from Eurocharged/LET********

After hearing how a couple of guys in the Chicagoland area are loving their experience with the LET flash, I gave Tony a call to see what it was all about. He offered to get me in same day, and even said that if after the flash I didn't think it was worth it compared to what I was already running, then he'd get rid of it and charge me nothing (not sure if he'll do that as their shop's workload continues to increase, but I digress)!

After the flash was complete (STAGE 1), I turned off the traction control and took off for a few WOT runs. It took a few pulls for the flash to kick in, but my WOT run quickly turned into a SEG (sh*t eating grin) run!

Since they just moved into a new shop, they didn't have a dyno, so don't ask me for before and after numbers. I don't have them. Feel free to check their website for the #s But as the great philosopher Kenny Powers would say, "I'm about to fuck you up with some truth you big beautiful bitch".......

At the end of the day, my butt dyno is defintely seeing some killer gains, and this is only Stage 1. When I get some pipes on, Stage 2 will be next. As for Stage 3....

Tony had the shop 1er there with the Stage 3 flash (and slicks still on), so of course I had to go for a ride in that bad mofo. I've been in some fast cars before, but I'm not sure I've ever hit 100mph as quickly as this...If I had to mods to be able to do it right then, there is NO doubt I'd be on my 3rd tank of gas since yesterday

In the end, I definitely recommend trying it out!

The End.

Last edited by Chi-Town 335xi; 06-03-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Chi-Town 335xi is offline   United_States
      06-03-2009, 09:51 AM   #63
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General

Drives: 4 Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town 335xi View Post
****IMPORTANT******--This passage below are my own thoughts and expressions, NOT from someone who works for, or sleeps with anyone from Eurocharged/LET********

After hearing how a couple of guys in the Chicagoland area are loving their experience with the LET flash, I gave Tony a call to see what it was all about. He offered to get me in same day, and even said that if after the flash I didn't think it was worth it compared to what I was already running, then he'd get rid of it and charge me nothing (not sure if he'll do that as their shop's workload continues to increase, but I digress)!

After the flash was complete (STAGE 1), I turned off the traction control and took off for a few WOT runs. It took a few pulls for the flash to kick in, but my WOT run quickly turned into a SEG (sh*t eating grin) run!

Since they just moved into a new shop, they didn't have a dyno, so don't ask me for before and after numbers. I don't have them. Feel free to check their website for the #s But as the great philosopher Kenny Powers would say, "I'm about to fuck you up with some truth you big beautiful bitch".......

At the end of the day, my butt dyno is defintely seeing some killer gains, and this is only Stage 1. When I get some pipes on, Stage 2 will be next. As for Stage 3....

Tony had the shop 1er there with the Stage 3 flash (and slicks still on), so of course I had to go for a ride in that bad mofo. You may ask, why such a bad mofo? At their last track day, with clutch issues, it laid down an 11.2. To me, that = Samuel L. Jackson. If you don't find it impressive, then I invite you to suck it. I've been in some fast cars before, but I'm not sure I've ever hit 100mph as quickly as this...If I had to mods to be able to do it right then, there is NO doubt I'd be on my 3rd tank of gas since yesterday

The End.
Are you telling me they laid down a 11.2 on stock turbos with no spray and had clutch issues?
      06-03-2009, 09:53 AM   #64
yoiko
First Class

Quote:

Tony had the shop 1er there with the Stage 3 flash (and slicks still on), so of course I had to go for a ride in that bad mofo. You may ask, why such a bad mofo? At their last track day, with clutch issues, it laid down an 11.2. To me, that = Samuel L. Jackson. If you don't find it impressive, then I invite you to suck it. I've been in some fast cars before, but I'm not sure I've ever hit 100mph as quickly as this...If I had to mods to be able to do it right then, there is NO doubt I'd be on my 3rd tank of gas since yesterday

The End.
I WANT IT!
      06-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #65
Chi-Town 335xi
First Lieutenant

Drives: 335 xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former_Boosted_IS View Post
Are you telling me they laid down a 11.2 on stock turbos with no spray and had clutch issues?
In their 1 series with the Stage 3 (and other mods), that is what they were telling me. Could be shop BS, but he had no reason to lie to me since I was getting the Stage 1. The clutch was slipping when I rode in it, apparantley it started at the track the day they ran the 11.2. Feel free to give Tony a call and ask him about it, very cool guy. I know they have stock turbos, NO clue if they were spraying, as I wasn't there.
Chi-Town 335xi is offline   United_States
      06-03-2009, 10:06 AM   #66
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General

Drives: 4 Wheels

Quote:
In their 1 series with the Stage 3 (and other mods), that is what they were telling me. Could be shop BS, but he had no reason to lie to me since I was getting the Stage 1. The clutch was slipping when I rode in it, apparantley it started at the track the day they ran the 11.2. Feel free to give Tony a call and ask him about it, very cool guy. I know they have stock turbos, NO clue if they were spraying, as I wasn't there.
I am telling you that saying stuff like that will get you in trouble with the enthusiasts. Simply put that is not possible on the stock turbos with a clutch that is slipping unless they are spraying a big shot. I would rather hear honesty.