E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > MonacoBimm



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-12-2006, 02:00 PM   #1
CMD
Guest
 
Drives:

Posts: n/a
MonacoBimm

MonacoBimm,

So what was it you thought was ". . . kind of offensive . . ."?

Let me ask you a few questions, if you don't mind.

First, I assume you are referring to the "Mexican Tourism" cartoon link, yes?

If so, would you mind explaining to us exactly what offends you about the cartoon?

Are you an American citizen?

If so, in what state do you live?

Do you pay state and federal taxes?

That's five questions I'd like you to address before I respond further.

Thanks man!

By the way, is your Bimmer Monaco Blue? I like that color on the E90.
 
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2006, 02:18 PM   #2
pawarrant
SECDEF
 
pawarrant's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Melbourne Red 328xi Sport
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Posts: 759
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 328xi  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to pawarrant
I don't understand how being opposed to illegal activity is somehow so offensive that it gets threads closed
__________________
2013 328xi Melbourne Red Metallic/Black Dakota Leather/Red Highlights Anthracite Wood Trim
Retired:2009 328ixi Sedan Montego Blue Metallic/Saddle Brown Dakota Leather Aluminum Trim
Retired: 2006 325xi Monaco Blue Metallic/Gray Dakota Leather Dark Burl Walnut Wood Trim
Retired: 2003 325xi Steel Grey Metallic/Black Leather Wood Trim

pawarrant is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2006, 12:35 AM   #3
CMD
Guest
 
Drives:

Posts: n/a
There are obviously a few, shall we say, influential ďmembers,Ē and Iím using the word "members" loosely here, that are sniveling whiners that just can't help themselves click through a thread that "offends" them. They just canít help themselves read a topic that offends them so they can be offended and go off whimpering and crying to the Admins. And then for some reason that is beyond my comprehension, this minority rules, and the Admins apparently deem that illegal immigration is "off limits" in the "Off Topic" forums? Hellooooo, itís the Off Topic area! WTF am I missing?

I'm a member of a several other forums, and the only thing that's off limits in the Off Topic area is porn. The Administrationís position at all other sites Iím aware of regarding the Off Topic area is, if you don't like a topic, or it offends you, then freaking don't read it! It's that simple. It's beyond me, and it really pisses me off, when a topic as serious as immigration vs illegal immigration is censored. Its freaking bullshit, is what it is. Complete pussy bullshit!

Hey, it's not my site. Jason and Mark can obviously do what they want here, but this is just beyond me. There is no logical explaination for it. Are we not all adults here? Oh . . . . , I'm sorry . . . . . , maybe not . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Last edited by CMD; 08-13-2006 at 01:10 AM.
 
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2006, 01:01 AM   #4
KL2DC
Moderator
 
KL2DC's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DC Metro

Posts: 17,753
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to KL2DC
I didn't see anything wrong with the cartoon clip, I thought it was hilarious. It's just harmless fun....no worse than SNL, MadTV, Carlos Mencia etc
__________________

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
KL2DC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2006, 01:29 AM   #5
CMD
Guest
 
Drives:

Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawarrant
I don't understand how being opposed to illegal activity is somehow so offensive that it gets threads closed
There was nothing wrong, of course. It's due to a small minority of sniveling little whinners that don't know how to deal with having an adult discussion. All they know how to discuss horsepower and pussy. And even then they're mostly shallow. They're immature little babies. And damnit if they don't know how to handle it, by God no one else will get to.
 
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2006, 08:45 AM   #6
ga-bmwdrvr
First Lieutenant
 
ga-bmwdrvr's Avatar
 
Drives: E21 320i, E90 330i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Georgia

Posts: 327
iTrader: (0)

Do any of you EVER go over the speed limit? (valid question in a forum about cars) Well, that's illegal activity, give it a rest!
ga-bmwdrvr is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2006, 10:34 AM   #7
CMD
Guest
 
Drives:

Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga-bmwdrvr
Do any of you EVER go over the speed limit? (valid question in a forum about cars) Well, that's illegal activity, give it a rest!
Wow, what an awesome comparison, I'm impressed! I see your point now. Do you mind if I ask where you got your education?
 
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2006, 10:41 AM   #8
CMD
Guest
 
Drives:

Posts: n/a
Offensive matterial is very subjective. FOR EXAMPLE, I can see how something like the photo below could be offensive, as there is sterotyping going on in the photo. But it makes a point and has factual content in it as well.

** PHOTO CENSORED IN THE INTEREST OFF NOT OFFENDING THE OVERLY SENSITIVE **

Last edited by CMD; 08-13-2006 at 03:10 PM.
 
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2006, 01:20 PM   #9
pawarrant
SECDEF
 
pawarrant's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Melbourne Red 328xi Sport
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Posts: 759
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 328xi  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to pawarrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga-bmwdrvr
Do any of you EVER go over the speed limit? (valid question in a forum about cars) Well, that's illegal activity, give it a rest!
That's a great comparison. You sound like an ACLU attorney.
__________________
2013 328xi Melbourne Red Metallic/Black Dakota Leather/Red Highlights Anthracite Wood Trim
Retired:2009 328ixi Sedan Montego Blue Metallic/Saddle Brown Dakota Leather Aluminum Trim
Retired: 2006 325xi Monaco Blue Metallic/Gray Dakota Leather Dark Burl Walnut Wood Trim
Retired: 2003 325xi Steel Grey Metallic/Black Leather Wood Trim

pawarrant is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2006, 01:25 PM   #10
ga-bmwdrvr
First Lieutenant
 
ga-bmwdrvr's Avatar
 
Drives: E21 320i, E90 330i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Georgia

Posts: 327
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMD
Wow, what an awesome comparison, I'm impressed! I see your point now. Do you mind if I ask where you got your education?
Do you mind if I ask you where you got yours? You post two threads that criticize how immigrants display flags of their country yet you have a mexican flag on your sig (unless you change it once again). You imply that I am ignorant with my comparison yet you insist that what bothers you about immigration is that they are breaking the law. Are there laws that it is ok to break? Is the speed limit just a useless law, or does it take safety into consideration? I beleive that it was you that used the example about running a light when it wqas broken is still breaking the law. Now that it is clear that ILLEGAL immigrants are not what bother you (as you have stated many times), what REALLY bothers you? Enlighten us with your higher education. You reply really shows off your intellect and maturity.
By the way:
BS in biology with major in molecular biology - University of Puerto Rico
MD - UPR school of Medicine
Pediatric Residency - Brooke Army Medical Center (served for 11 years)
And before you say "oh, UPR, WOW", I scored in the top 10% on my SAT's nation wide and top 25% on my MCAT without taking a review course. In high school I scored in the top 5% on the ASVAP and ALMOST accepted an offer by the Navy to go into nuclear engineering.
And just so you don't think I'm BSing, here is a pic of me serving our country in the Medical Corps in my younger days. Show us your pic.
Attached Images
 
ga-bmwdrvr is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2006, 01:28 PM   #11
ga-bmwdrvr
First Lieutenant
 
ga-bmwdrvr's Avatar
 
Drives: E21 320i, E90 330i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Georgia

Posts: 327
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawarrant
That's a great comparison. You sound like an ACLU attorney.
Since CMD started this and you seem to kiss up behind him, where was YOUR education? Anyway, it is useless trying to reason with fanatics, so, I'm going to follow needforspeed and just stay out of it. Out.
ga-bmwdrvr is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2006, 01:41 PM   #12
pawarrant
SECDEF
 
pawarrant's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Melbourne Red 328xi Sport
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Posts: 759
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 328xi  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to pawarrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga-bmwdrvr
Since CMD started this and you seem to kiss up behind him, where was YOUR education? Anyway, it is useless trying to reason with fanatics, so, I'm going to follow needforspeed and just stay out of it. Out.
I went to the University of Pittsburgh, which is relevant how?

B.T.W. Where does your comparison of crimes to traffic offenses end? If a bum broke in to your house to get some food or get warm would that be the same as speeding too?
__________________
2013 328xi Melbourne Red Metallic/Black Dakota Leather/Red Highlights Anthracite Wood Trim
Retired:2009 328ixi Sedan Montego Blue Metallic/Saddle Brown Dakota Leather Aluminum Trim
Retired: 2006 325xi Monaco Blue Metallic/Gray Dakota Leather Dark Burl Walnut Wood Trim
Retired: 2003 325xi Steel Grey Metallic/Black Leather Wood Trim

pawarrant is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2006, 01:44 PM   #13
NFS
Major General
 
NFS's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i m-sport LCI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 9,216
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMD
Offensive matterial is very subjective. FOR EXAMPLE, I can see how something like the photo below could be offensive, as there is sterotyping going on in the photo. But it makes a point and has factual content in it as well.

Just so you know .... that image is offensive ... this is not subjective but a fact.... you may not be aware of it but all mexicans do not look like bandits nor are they fat.

Offensive is defined as - causing displeasure or resentment.

There is no position that this 'could' be offensive - it IS offensive to mexican people.

And as I said in you last thread on this subject many people disagree with you (I am one) and we do NOT need to justify ourselves to you in any way.
__________________
NFS is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2006, 01:48 PM   #14
NFS
Major General
 
NFS's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i m-sport LCI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 9,216
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga-bmwdrvr
Since CMD started this and you seem to kiss up behind him, where was YOUR education? Anyway, it is useless trying to reason with fanatics, so, I'm going to follow needforspeed and just stay out of it. Out.
I want to stay out of this ... but I read the forum by clicking 'view new posts' and invariably this stuff ends up at the top of the page ... so I feel compelled to read it and hence compelled to reply.

I could for instance put CMD on my ignore list, but I would still see the replies - and then I would be moved to see what generated them.

Hopefully, he will stop posting this stuff, so we can get back to enjoying this forum about CARS (please )
__________________
NFS is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2006, 01:56 PM   #15
ga-bmwdrvr
First Lieutenant
 
ga-bmwdrvr's Avatar
 
Drives: E21 320i, E90 330i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Georgia

Posts: 327
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawarrant
I went to the University of Pittsburgh, which is relevant how?

B.T.W. Where does your comparison of crimes to traffic offenses end? If a bum broke in to your house to get some food or get warm would that be the same as speeding too?
TO #1, ask CMD, apparently it is relevant to him somehow. I'm not sure how either to be honest. But it is his thread and it seems to be important to him. He asked me the question first and my reaction was the same as yours. If I offended you, then I apologize.
To #2 yes, they both broke the law. The difference is that I do not start threads criticizing them. If you've read CMD's previous posts he states that by definition illegal immigrants are criminals because they broke the law. How is this different (by definition) than speeding?
ga-bmwdrvr is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2006, 02:01 PM   #16
CMD
Guest
 
Drives:

Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawarrant
That's a great comparison. You sound like an ACLU attorney.
Isn't that the truth! The ACLU has been, and will continue to be, the foremost contributor to the destruction of American as we know it. We need to exile these people to Afghanistan, where they could, arguably, do some good.
 
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2006, 02:10 PM   #17
CMD
Guest
 
Drives:

Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga-bmwdrvr
Do you mind if I ask you where you got yours? You post two threads that criticize how immigrants display flags of their country yet you have a mexican flag on your sig (unless you change it once again). You imply that I am ignorant with my comparison yet you insist that what bothers you about immigration is that they are breaking the law. Are there laws that it is ok to break? Is the speed limit just a useless law, or does it take safety into consideration? I beleive that it was you that used the example about running a light when it wqas broken is still breaking the law. Now that it is clear that ILLEGAL immigrants are not what bother you (as you have stated many times), what REALLY bothers you? Enlighten us with your higher education. You reply really shows off your intellect and maturity.
By the way:
BS in biology with major in molecular biology - University of Puerto Rico
MD - UPR school of Medicine
Pediatric Residency - Brooke Army Medical Center (served for 11 years)
And before you say "oh, UPR, WOW", I scored in the top 10% on my SAT's nation wide and top 25% on my MCAT without taking a review course. In high school I scored in the top 5% on the ASVAP and ALMOST accepted an offer by the Navy to go into nuclear engineering.
And just so you don't think I'm BSing, here is a pic of me serving our country in the Medical Corps in my younger days. Show us your pic.
God bless you, my friend. And congratulations and a sincere heart-felt thank you for serving our country. I don't have anything against you personally.

I was making fun of you for your completely illogical and irrelevant comparison of Illegal Immigration to speeding. Nothing more, nothing less.

Can you explain further how youíve come to the conclusion that it is NOT Illegal Immigration that bothers me? How and where have I given you that impression!
 
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2006, 02:12 PM   #18
CMD
Guest
 
Drives:

Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga-bmwdrvr
Since CMD started this and you seem to kiss up behind him, where was YOUR education? Anyway, it is useless trying to reason with fanatics, so, I'm going to follow needforspeed and just stay out of it. Out.
We are fanatics because we believe in a soverign country with border control. Go figure.

This is how the liberal left defends themselves.
 
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2006, 02:15 PM   #19
NFS
Major General
 
NFS's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i m-sport LCI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 9,216
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMD
There was nothing wrong, of course. It's due to a small minority of sniveling little whinners that don't know how to deal with having an adult discussion. All they know how to discuss horsepower and pussy. And even then they're mostly shallow. They're immature little babies. And damnit if they don't know how to handle it, by God no one else will get to.
You obviously believe your Mexican Tourism thread was closed following complaints to admin .... as my post was the last in the thread I would like to make it clear that I did not make any complaints (except to you for posting this stuff).

Perhaps you should ask the mods why it was closed? I suspect it is because your chosen topic is controversial and occasionaly offensive.

The other thread which 'disapeared' was well beyond anything you posted and I would imaging the mods deleted it almost immediately they read it. It's content would actually have been illegal in the UK where 'incitement to religious hatred' is actually a crime.

It's not that people cannot enter a reasoned intelligent debate about adult issues (you will probably agree that I did just that in response to one of your earlier posts). Instead I believe that the problem is that many do not want to debate this issue in this forum, but are dragged into it by your posts.

In short, I don't think I am the only one who would prefer you to focus on other matters in your posts.
__________________
NFS is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2006, 02:16 PM   #20
ga-bmwdrvr
First Lieutenant
 
ga-bmwdrvr's Avatar
 
Drives: E21 320i, E90 330i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Georgia

Posts: 327
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed
I want to stay out of this ... but I read the forum by clicking 'view new posts' and invariably this stuff ends up at the top of the page ... so I feel compelled to read it and hence compelled to reply.

I could for instance put CMD on my ignore list, but I would still see the replies - and then I would be moved to see what generated them.

Hopefully, he will stop posting this stuff, so we can get back to enjoying this forum about CARS (please )
I know what you mean. I have been trying to stay out of it too.
Just to give you guys an idea of how this type of thinking easilly gets out of hand, I will give you a personal example.
We had a repairman come to the house to fix a brand new stove that was defective out of the box. My wife, who is puertorican and speaks english with a heavy accent, calls me crying because the guy starts giving her crap and aked her if she was an illegal. Needless to say she kicked his a$$ out of the house and I called GE. They apologized and sent a different repairman the next day.
CMD, immigration is a very complex issue and I, even as a hispanic, have mixed views on the subject. Not all immigrants are bad but, unfortunately, not all are good either. The bad ones ruin it for all. The stereotyping becomes very real. However, many of the complaints about immigrants can be down right ridiculous. You should see the looks we get when my wife and I speak spanish in public. We never do it if an english speakig person is part of the group or conversation. That would be rude. But if I'm having a private conversation with my wife, why should anybody care? The same goes for having a flag on your car or whatever. I myself do not use it and find it a bit silly when I see it, but to each their own. I also do not like any kind of bumper sticker. Anyways, frredom of expression IS part of the american way and they can display their flag if they want. I do not see how the flag is a problem that has anything to do with illegal immigration yet many of these article or satires include it. Thats when it starts crossing the line and you wonder what REALLY bothers these people about immigrants.
ga-bmwdrvr is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2006, 02:22 PM   #21
CMD
Guest
 
Drives:

Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed
Just so you know .... that image is offensive ... this is not subjective but a fact.... you may not be aware of it but all mexicans do not look like bandits nor are they fat.
You're kidding, you mean to tell me all Mexicans don't look like that? Get out!

The image is only offensive to those that have no recall of history. It's called stereotyping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed
Offensive is defined as - causing displeasure or resentment.
And what you are saying, then, is that what is offensive to you is offensive to everybody? Dude, you need to get out more. You're not being objective. Look the word up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed
There is no position that this 'could' be offensive - it IS offensive to mexican people.
I live with Mexicans and work with Mexicans that find that image HILARIOUS! Just like I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed
And as I said in you last thread on this subject many people disagree with you (I am one) and we do NOT need to justify ourselves to you in any way.
Dude, I'm not interested in discussing anything with anyone who cannot even stand to look or hear about any other point of view than theirs. So go away. Please. Leave those of us that can handle it alone. Stop whinning.
 
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2006, 02:22 PM   #22
NFS
Major General
 
NFS's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i m-sport LCI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 9,216
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMD
God bless you, my friend. And congratulations and a sincere heart-felt thank you for serving our country. I don't have anything against you personally.

I was making fun of you for your completely illogical and irrelevant comparison of Illegal Immigration to speeding. Nothing more, nothing less.

Can you explain further how youíve come to the conclusion that it is NOT Illegal Immigration that bothers me? How and where have I given you that impression!
The comparison was not illogical or irrelevant.

You consider illegal immigrants to be 'criminals by default' because they break the law.

Therefore, you must also consider speeders to be 'criminals by default'.

The nub of the question is - why is one crime worse than the other?

You obviously consider illegal immigration to be the bigger problem, but the mother of a child killed by a speeding motorist would probably disagree.
__________________
NFS is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST