E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Im thinking about buying some Dodo Juice Supernatural. Any comments or suggestions?

06-03-2009, 11:25 PM   #1
Chris J
Learning "The Art"
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black BMW 335i

Im thinking about buying some Dodo Juice Supernatural. Any comments or suggestions?

I have a craving to buy another high end wax. I have played around with swisswax for a while and want to try something new. So im thinking supernatural but not sure if its worth trying for the price or if there is something better for the money. Thanks in advance for the responses.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2009, 12:05 AM   #2
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

i don't think you'll be disappointed
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2009, 12:22 AM   #3
MCMLXXXIX
wat
Rep
Drives: a gr3at whit3 5hark

im sure youll get a lot of responses of how great that product is. never used it but one day will for sure

go for it

2012 Toyota Highlander SE - PAST - 2008 e92 335i, 2006 e90 325i
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2009, 05:20 AM   #4
ManyMoonsAgo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe

You will see lots of love for Dodo Supernatural here (and everywhere else you search as well). I have used it and I love it - very easy to apply, even easier to buff off, and the results are fantastic.

Just be sure to properly prep the surface to get the most from the wax.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2009, 05:49 AM   #5
flux
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 LCI

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [0.00]
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
i just ordered the dodo juice purple haze and cant wait to try it!!

here is a review on what your taking about.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ght=dodo+juice
seems amazing!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2009, 07:03 AM   #6
dr.jay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135

Never tried Supernatural, but I'm planning a full detail soon on my car and will be busting out the Rainforest Rub, I cant wait to see the results
      06-04-2009, 11:38 AM   #7
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Chris if you take the plunge on any of the Dodo Juice waxes, be sure to keep us posted what you think compared to other waxes you've tried. If you have any specific questions on anything, let me know. I think you'll really enjoy Supernatural, it's an outstanding high end wax for it's price point.

George

PS - Be sure to check out our sale tomorrow for your best price!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2009, 05:37 PM   #8
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

Where's Toad? Surprised he hasn't seen this yet..

Definitely check out that link to his detail with Supernatural posted above. If that's not an amazing result I don't know what is.

I haven't tried it myself yet (big fan of Purple Haze though, along with PB Natty's Blue), but will at some point this summer. You probably won't be disappointed though. Make sure you let us know how it works if you decide to make the purchase!

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2009, 07:07 PM   #9
ToadHollow
Once upon a time ......
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB E92 - SOLD 5/2010

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [8.00]
I made it! I must be laggin' today ....

OP, take a look at my review of the Supernatural Carnauba ....http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...t=supernatural
I love this stuff and with as much as you get in a single container; it'll last you easily a year or more. There are 2 versions of this available from Detailed Image. I went with the original in the wooden container mainly because it's the original version containing more of the pure carnauba and for the fact that this version allows for refills when/if you ever use it up.

I've applied 2 coats thus far and really can't express how happy I am with this stuff.
The biggest benefit I see apart from the other waxes is that the Supernatural really seems to hold up well to multiple washes, QD's & occasional wipe downs. Actually, the biggest benefit to me is the fact that the paint shows next to NO scratches as opposed to other waxes I've used ........... including the Dodo Juice brand. I'm a huge fan of the Purple Haze soft wax as it gives off a sort of "glowing" shine.

Here are a couple of pics from the review I posted. The pics are okay but in person the paint's depth creates an illusion as if you could reach right into it!

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2009, 05:50 AM   #10
ManyMoonsAgo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Along similar lines, just wanted to thank Detailed Image for starting to stock Dodo Juice Red Mist. While it is expensive for a quick detailer, the ease of use and more importantly the results are top notch.

The only observation that borders on negative is the spray bottle. The nozzle truly lives up to the product's name - it emits a super-fine mist of product. So fine that if there is any breeze in the garage, it wafts away. Of course, the upside to such a fine mist is that you don't use/waste a lot of product with heavy sprays.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2009, 07:50 AM   #11
ToadHollow
Once upon a time ......
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB E92 - SOLD 5/2010

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyMoonsAgo View Post
Along similar lines, just wanted to thank Detailed Image for starting to stock Dodo Juice Red Mist. While it is expensive for a quick detailer, the ease of use and more importantly the results are top notch.

The only observation that borders on negative is the spray bottle. The nozzle truly lives up to the product's name - it emits a super-fine mist of product. So fine that if there is any breeze in the garage, it wafts away. Of course, the upside to such a fine mist is that you don't use/waste a lot of product with heavy sprays.

I must really be falling behind since I hadn't noticed the Red Mist before.
How long have you been using this stuff? At only 8.5 ounces and such a fine mist do you find yourself going thru it quickly?

OP, you may also want to try the Born to ne Mild shampoo from Dodo Juice. Made to bond with the layered wax on your paint with each wash without removing the wax little by little with each wax. Dodo also has a Gloss Enhancing shampoo called Sour Power ........ haven't tried it yet but you I know will!

Not to take away from Deyailed Image but, my favorite quick detailer of late is the Finish Kare 1 (FK1) #425. It also requires very little product to be applied to the paint to be effective and gives a GREAT shine.

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2009, 10:33 AM   #12
ManyMoonsAgo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
How long have you been using this stuff? At only 8.5 ounces and such a fine mist do you find yourself going thru it quickly?
I have been using Red Mist for the past two months - a colleague of mine sent me a bottle from the UK. I have the 500 ml bottle and have not used much at all; for example it takes ~ 8 sprays total for the entire hood of my 335i coupe.

I have used two other Quick Detailers in my life - Blackfire Deep Gloss Sealant and Menzerna High Gloss Acrylic Shield.

The Blackfire returned very good results with good durability (about a week).

The Menzerna (mind you it is made under license, not actually made by Menzerna) was freaking awesome leaving the car super shiny and slippery BUT the durability was very poor (only lasting a few days)

Red Mist returns slightly better results that Blackfire with the same durability (about a week). That being said, the Blackfire seems to have better cleaning ability pulling up any dried water spots.

I posted on Dodo Juice's UK forums and DodoDom (I believe he was one of the founders of Dodo) replied that Red Mist is optimized for gloss then durability then cleaning-power with ratings of 9-8-3 respectively when scored on a 1 to 10 scale.

Hope this helps and please note that I am not a professional detailer - just a guy who thanks to these forums has learned a lot and enjoys getting better with each week's car washing cycle!

Last edited by ManyMoonsAgo; 06-05-2009 at 06:10 PM..
Appreciate 0