E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > IPOD link help

06-05-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
magic77
Colonel

Drives: 320

IPOD link help

I'm finding the USB connection a bit annoying when used with just a USB stick and thinkin of the IPOD route.

Just wondering is there anyone around Surrey Hampshire Border that has a USB cable I could borrow to see if the IPOD link will do what I need it to do.

thanks

Titanium Silver E90 LCI 320D M Sport Saloon
- Logic 7/ USB Connectity and Bluetooth/ Visibility Pack (Xenons, Adaptive Lights,Auto Wipers Lights and Corner Lights) / Sun Protection Glass/M Spoiler / Brake Ducts / BMW Performance Pack / BBS Wheels / SS Cat Back straight through with BCS Backbox
      06-06-2009, 04:24 AM   #2
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....

Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Only 15.99 delivered on ebay for a replica one now

I think the dealers charge triple that for the real one.
M3-FAST is offline   England
      06-06-2009, 07:18 AM   #3
magic77
Colonel

thats about right might look that up 16 is not bad to test it out,

only reason is that with USB the damm radio will not move to next folder once it finishes playing the current one, so when you load up a USB stick with 10 albums (1 per folder) you manually have to jump to next. It just loops as if its the only CD.

Annoying especially as my Alpine would not have a problem like this.

- Logic 7/ USB Connectity and Bluetooth/ Visibility Pack (Xenons, Adaptive Lights,Auto Wipers Lights and Corner Lights) / Sun Protection Glass/M Spoiler / Brake Ducts / BMW Performance Pack / BBS Wheels / SS Cat Back straight through with BCS Backbox
      06-06-2009, 02:28 PM   #4
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....

Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic77 View Post
thats about right might look that up 16 is not bad to test it out,

only reason is that with USB the damm radio will not move to next folder once it finishes playing the current one, so when you load up a USB stick with 10 albums (1 per folder) you manually have to jump to next. It just loops as if its the only CD.

Annoying especially as my Alpine would not have a problem like this.
It will be just the same with an ipod and the Y-cable - if you select an album it will repeat it once finished. It doesn't move on to the next one - not sure why you would want to do that anyway?

You can search on genre, album, artist, track name, etc....
M3-FAST is offline   England
      06-07-2009, 02:19 AM   #5
magic77
Colonel

all my music on my server at home is done by album / folders some of it so old there is no meta data. I drive long distances so nice to just press play on the root of the memory and for it to jump once finishes one album to the next same way a CD changer does. Considering Alpine, Pioneer all do that you would think this would as well.

Doing Genre etc is all fine if you MP3 have the valid data a lot of mine dont

Well at lease you saved me 16 and cost of an IPOd seems I might as well stick to a USB stick and just combine albums I want to listed to into one folder.

06-07-2009, 04:34 AM   #6
greatbm
Captain

Drives: E93 325 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic77 View Post
all my music on my server at home is done by album / folders some of it so old there is no meta data. I drive long distances so nice to just press play on the root of the memory and for it to jump once finishes one album to the next same way a CD changer does. Considering Alpine, Pioneer all do that you would think this would as well.

Doing Genre etc is all fine if you MP3 have the valid data a lot of mine dont

Well at lease you saved me 16 and cost of an IPOd seems I might as well stick to a USB stick and just combine albums I want to listed to into one folder.
With the iPod and iTunes you can create your own playlists and create almost anthing you want in a playlist i.e. it could be any artist you want and all their albums in one playlist, it would then play one album after the other until the end of the playlist. You can also us categories such genre, album, artist etc but as said if you want to play album after album it does not do it. My music is mainly on random and it does me fine and with effective use of playlists I find the iPod the perfect solution.
greatbm is offline   United Kingdom
      06-07-2009, 05:05 AM   #7
magic77
Colonel

Looking at the spec I've noticed you can do m3u playlist on USB devices so thats what I'm working on right now see if that works as it would be easier than running an IPOd especially as would have to buy one first