E90Post

European Auto Source

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > How to program "Vehicle & Key Memory"?

07-28-2005, 01:14 AM   #1
bmwrule
Registered
Rep

Drives: 06 BMW 330I w/o NV

How to program "Vehicle & Key Memory"?

According to BMW offical website, the new 2006 BMW 3 series has the "Handy Vehicle & Key Memory features, which can activate special convenience and safety features already programmed in the 3 Series. Vehicle Memory offers the choice of:

1. activating/deactivating Daytime Running Lights
2. activating/deactivating an anti-theft motion detector
3.activating/deactivating "Pathway Lighting" - headlights that stay on for 40 seconds after turning off the ignition.

With Key Memory, up to three keys can be separately programmed to individual preferences. Choose to unlock just the drivers door or both doors with the first press of the keyhead remote.

4. Key Memory can also be programmed to relock the vehicle automatically when it reaches 5 mph.
5. Key Memory can return the drivers seat to the same position as the last time that key was used; similarly, it can return climate control to the previous setting used."

Does anyone have any luck programming or setting up these features successfully with their 2006 3-Series? If so, could you please share your experience with us? For some reason, we cannot set these features for our new car. Please help! Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2005, 07:32 AM   #2
ntpcrew13
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep

Drives: Arctic e90 330i

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ntpcrew13
you may have to ask your dealer to program some of these features for you. i have navi with idrive and i am able to program my auto doorlocks, pathway lighting, and unlocking drivers side or all doors with one press of the key remote, but i notice you do not have navi/idrive. this is the reason why i say you might have to have your dealer program some of these features.

Appreciate 0
      07-28-2005, 07:46 AM   #3
E90Fleet
Major General
South Africa
Rep

Drives: BMW

The September software upgrade will allow you to programme it in any 3 Series car ( idrive or not )
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2005, 10:50 AM   #4
GUMBO17
Registered
Rep

Drives: 2006 E90

SEPTEMBER SOFTWARE UPDATE

When this update becomes availlable will BMW notify owners, or will we just have to bring our cars in and ask for it?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2005, 11:34 AM   #5
bmwrule
Registered
Rep

Thank you!

I'm just curious of why BMW Official site stated that they already had all these features available for the 2006 3-series; however, the dealership cannot program them for us. We called and asked one of the service tech. who works at the dealership where we bought our car. He simply told us that these features are not available yet. By the way, thank you so much for all your responses.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2005, 11:37 AM   #6
E90Fleet
Major General
South Africa
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwrule
I'm just curious of why BMW Official site stated that they already had all these features available for the 2006 3-series; however, the dealership cannot program them for us. We called and asked one of the service tech. who works at the dealership where we bought our car. He simply told us that these features are not available yet. By the way, thank you so much for all your responses.

The BMW USA site used to say something like "this feature is not yet available", does it not say that anymore ??
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2005, 11:50 AM   #7
bmwrule
Registered
Rep

I don't see that statement anywhere on the site. However, they CLEARLY stated as follow:

Handy Vehicle & Key Memory features, which can activate special convenience and safety features already programmed in the 3 Series. (see my original post. i just pasted from their offical site).

Could you please add this concern to your questions list for BMW too? Thanks in advance for you help, E90Fleet.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2005, 12:40 PM   #8
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

I had the Vehicle options (DRL, auto lock) programmed at the dealer last week. I *THOUGHT* I was getting the individual keys to remember climate and radio setting (wife listens in Spanish) but I tested that last night and it didn't work.
Appreciate 0