Bimmer Retrofit
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Make sense to trade-in 1 year old BMW?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-19-2009, 06:55 AM   #23
Private First Class
m_power's Avatar

Drives: e90 328i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ventura

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 E90 328  [0.00]
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
I'm having new car issues too.

My lease is ending though so my situation is a little different. I would obviously like another BMW and we can afford it but my wife does not want a car payment much above $500 and she also refuses to lease another car. That quickly eliminates the BMW due to we don't have the $10k to put down to get the payment into the $500/mo range. Well we do but we weren't planning on using that stash on a car, you all know how that goes.

So now I'm looking around. My thoughts have been on checking out the Mazda3 hatch, Honda fit & CRV, Jetta wagon, GTI 4dr, and Wrangler 4 dr. I'm refusing to look at Acura as if I went there I'm only slightly off the BMW so that makes no sense. The other problem with everything but the fit and the mazda 3 is they all close in on $30k quickly once you add the options you would want and once I'm hitting $30k I would rather hold out a till the spring, drive my work car which my work OK'd me to do, for free I might add and order the e91 wagon for Euro delivery like we really want to do. Yes, you can get those cars for less than $30k, I know, but I also don't want those cars w/o features that push them to $30k.

Tough decisions. My wife's car is also looming over us. It's a 2003 Cavalier that she got in college. It only has 35k miles and is in fine shape which should easily last us another 4 or so years but she's getting rather upset that she's driving a Cavalier while I'm rocking a BMW. Which brings us back to her being a car cheap ass, which we have the income to get us both new cars but she then refuses to have 2 car payments at once.

I should just

Back on topic, I think the OP should keep his current ride for at least another year and then upgrade if he wishes. Many circumstances can change in that time and he'll only have more equity in the car then as well. It just makes more sense to give it at least another year and revisit the upgrade in the spring. Besides the fact that if you ordered the new car now it won't be showing up until late summer so you won't have much time to enjoy it then and you'll have to drive your shiney new BMW right through the entire winter.

Check out the Subaru WRX. I almost bought one of those instead of my 328i. They come in around 26-28k fully loaded and are smoking fast, plus a 4-door.

19" V713's Staggered, Blacklines, PBX Powerbox, aFe Oiled Drop In, Carbon Filter Delete, MMW CSv2 Muffler, Koni Yellows w/ H&R Sport Springs, CDV Delete, BMW Performance Grill, BMW Performance SSK, BMW Performance Handbrake
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2009, 10:19 PM   #24
JIASAI's Avatar

Drives: 寶你馬
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Enwerks is the shiet.

iTrader: (0)

Appreciate 0


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST