E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Stay in or back out??



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-15-2009, 05:23 PM   #1
digi19
Private First Class
 
Drives: 09 AW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dix Hills, NY

Posts: 105
iTrader: (0)

Stay in or back out??

Here's the deal. I ordered an 09 335i coupe on May 16th. My dealer told me that I should be expecting the car in 6 weeks since he was modifying an order that had already been placed to include the options I wanted. That means I should have the car in my possession June 27th or 28th. I agreed to go ahead with the order because the wait will be well worth it. I've been tracking my car and I notice that it is still "On Order". So I called my dealer today and asked him what the deal is. He gave me the run around about how he never told me 6 weeks and that the factory in Germany closed for 10 days for a holiday. I then proceeded to ask him when I should realistically expect the car. He told me it will be more like 8 weeks. Not satisfied with this answer, I told him to call whoever he needs to call in order to get a more detailed idea of when the car will be delivered to the dealership. He called me back and told me the car is expected to arrive July 15th-20th!! I went from 6 weeks to 9 weeks! My question is this, should I stay with this car or should I ask for my deposit back and see if I can get some details on the updated 2010 model?It's supposed to be released in September right? Any input will be appreciated guys. Thanks
digi19 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-15-2009, 07:13 PM   #2
ToadHollow
Once upon a time ......
 
ToadHollow's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 JB E92 - SOLD 5/2010
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Asti, Italy & Austin, Texas

Posts: 5,060
iTrader: (16)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [4.00]
Send a message via MSN to ToadHollow
Quote:
Originally Posted by digi19 View Post
Here's the deal. I ordered an 09 335i coupe on May 16th. My dealer told me that I should be expecting the car in 6 weeks since he was modifying an order that had already been placed to include the options I wanted. That means I should have the car in my possession June 27th or 28th. I agreed to go ahead with the order because the wait will be well worth it. I've been tracking my car and I notice that it is still "On Order". So I called my dealer today and asked him what the deal is. He gave me the run around about how he never told me 6 weeks and that the factory in Germany closed for 10 days for a holiday. I then proceeded to ask him when I should realistically expect the car. He told me it will be more like 8 weeks. Not satisfied with this answer, I told him to call whoever he needs to call in order to get a more detailed idea of when the car will be delivered to the dealership. He called me back and told me the car is expected to arrive July 15th-20th!! I went from 6 weeks to 9 weeks! My question is this, should I stay with this car or should I ask for my deposit back and see if I can get some details on the updated 2010 model?It's supposed to be released in September right? Any input will be appreciated guys. Thanks
I'd stay with what you currently have ordered.
Cancelling your order and then WAITING for something else doesn't save you any time ....... just adds to it.
__________________



ToadHollow is offline   Italy
0
Reply With Quote
      06-15-2009, 08:34 PM   #3
Grentz
Private
 
Grentz's Avatar
 
Drives: 335d, e46 M3 Conv.
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Midwest, USA

Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)

Its not a question of the timing, its a question of do you want the CAR.

Don't be impatient, if you want the car wait, if you don't you don't.
__________________
03' e46 M3 Convert. - JB/Black
09' e90 335d - JB/Black
Grentz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-16-2009, 05:07 PM   #4
Angry3
All your 1 are belong to us!!!
 
Angry3's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 135i 'Vert
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC

Posts: 641
iTrader: (0)

I can't say I agree with either of the above posts, there's nothing wrong with the op wanting to make the smartest buying decision on an expensive new car. The 10 model coupe is supposed to have some changes, I would absolutely wait a couple more months and order a 10 model. You will get the current styling and other updates, and the car will be a model year newer and more desirable when you go to sell it. I would also give some thought to getting my deposit returned and placing the order with a CA that doesn't have his head up his a** . Just my .02.
Angry3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-16-2009, 10:07 PM   #5
nukezero
Major
 
Drives: '09 335I Cpe
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sunny Socal

Posts: 1,194
iTrader: (4)

I ordered mine May 6th, production started the 15th and completed 21st. Shipped on a boat on the may 27th and headed to california on the june 20th. delivery should be the 26-27th of June.

There's no way you'll get yours on the 27th unless a C-130 Air Tanker flies it over...

Mid-July is realistic. However, it sucks your CA flat out lied to you. He should've told you what production slot your vehicle is going into. From there, it is generally quick to the boat and on its way. The time actually "wasted" is the time when the order is placed to the time production begins.

Don't cancel your order... like someone else said, you'll just delay it.
__________________
2009 335i 6MT - M-Sport - All stock
nukezero is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-16-2009, 10:19 PM   #6
blue2fire
Brigadier General
 
blue2fire's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Location, Location, Location

Posts: 4,289
iTrader: (8)

You might regret the car if the MY2010's are right around the corner, screw the dealer and go for what you really want. It makes sense equipment and residual wise as well.
__________________

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
blue2fire is offline   Cayman Islands
0
Reply With Quote
      06-16-2009, 10:22 PM   #7
TL
Brigadier General
 
TL's Avatar
 
Drives: Happy on H&R coil overs
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Hub

Posts: 3,100
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grentz View Post
Its not a question of the timing, its a question of do you want the CAR.

Don't be impatient, if you want the car wait, if you don't you don't.
+1 it all depends on how bad you want the car.....IMO cause the CA lied to me i would cancel it and find another dealership. this happen to me awhile back when i got my first 325ci. My CA kept saying one thing after another, but because i wanted it badly i just sucked it up. My friend who also order it with me at the time canceled it and then later got the same car on the lot for 1k less than me. it really just comes down to YOU!
TL is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-16-2009, 10:25 PM   #8
Pylon
Second Lieutenant
 
Pylon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 295
iTrader: (0)

Supposed to have? Well you never know what BMW is going to do. Also there is no telling if you'll like the changes that they do. The Sedan LCI is definitely hit and miss (Mirrors = ). Anyhow, if time and money are not issues for you then wait for the 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry3 View Post
I can't say I agree with either of the above posts, there's nothing wrong with the op wanting to make the smartest buying decision on an expensive new car. The 10 model coupe is supposed to have some changes, I would absolutely wait a couple more months and order a 10 model. You will get the current styling and other updates, and the car will be a model year newer and more desirable when you go to sell it. I would also give some thought to getting my deposit returned and placing the order with a CA that doesn't have his head up his a** . Just my .02.
__________________
2009 E92 335i M-Sport | Alpine White | Navi | Audiophille | 19" 225M Rims
Pylon is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2009, 12:10 AM   #9
digi19
Private First Class
 
Drives: 09 AW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dix Hills, NY

Posts: 105
iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the feedback guys. Do any of you know when the new 2010 model will be released and if it will have upgrades for sure? Something tells me that if I asked my dealer this question tomorrow, he wont be honest because he doesn't want me to cancel this order.
digi19 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2009, 08:52 AM   #10
David1
Colonel
 
David1's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: City With No Room For Ludicris Speed!

Posts: 2,551
iTrader: (0)

He won't be dishonest, the dealer will know till later on in the year or till they can order. You can bet it will cost more by 2 to 4 percent. The big change was the M sport anyways.
David1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2009, 05:03 PM   #11
Grentz
Private
 
Grentz's Avatar
 
Drives: 335d, e46 M3 Conv.
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Midwest, USA

Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry3 View Post
I can't say I agree with either of the above posts, there's nothing wrong with the op wanting to make the smartest buying decision on an expensive new car. The 10 model coupe is supposed to have some changes, I would absolutely wait a couple more months and order a 10 model. You will get the current styling and other updates, and the car will be a model year newer and more desirable when you go to sell it. I would also give some thought to getting my deposit returned and placing the order with a CA that doesn't have his head up his a** . Just my .02.
You actually agreed with my post right above yours. I was saying it is about the car, if he wants that car he should stay with what he has, if he doesn't want that car then obviously do something else.

I was saying the timing should not be what makes that decision though...
__________________
03' e46 M3 Convert. - JB/Black
09' e90 335d - JB/Black
Grentz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2009, 05:36 PM   #12
Pylon
Second Lieutenant
 
Pylon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 295
iTrader: (0)

+1. Really, what real difference does 2 weeks make? If you can't live with the fact that you'll have last year's model in a couple months then cancel the order and accept that you may not get the car until Sept or October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grentz View Post
You actually agreed with my post right above yours. I was saying it is about the car, if he wants that car he should stay with what he has, if he doesn't want that car then obviously do something else.

I was saying the timing should not be what makes that decision though...
__________________
2009 E92 335i M-Sport | Alpine White | Navi | Audiophille | 19" 225M Rims
Pylon is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST