E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY: Installing Interior LED Bulbs



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-16-2013, 12:21 AM   #133
starbai
Captain
starbai's Avatar
Guyana
16
Rep
770
Posts

Drives: 09 335i Sedan
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Orlando FL

iTrader: (2)

that dome area there that ur referring to really is a giant pain in the ass... but it just takes patience and small hands... perhaps shove something in there to help hold the headliner down while you finagle it out?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 12:51 AM   #134
bcornwellatl
Second Lieutenant
United_States
5
Rep
205
Posts

Drives: 2013 F30 328i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Suwanee, GA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbai View Post
that dome area there that ur referring to really is a giant pain in the ass... but it just takes patience and small hands... perhaps shove something in there to help hold the headliner down while you finagle it out?
Oh man yeah I wish I had small hands and I wish I had friggen tools! I was going to take down the visors and thought (kind of a human mistake) that the screws were phillips - then realized, nope I have a German car...

So now I have the plastic cover broken - the light bulb is pushed all the way up - the head liner seems like it isn't secure - I'm not sure what else I can totally screw up - I'm waiting for somebody to post how many Georgia boys does it take to screw in a BMW light bulb...

but it looks like I'll be taking it to the dealer in the AM - bad thing is its out of warranty - not that they would have covered this anyway... so I'm probably looking at 250 from the dealer easy... I can't find the part number or else I'd order an entire new assemly and then get a after market garage to install it for me...

anybody know the part number for the entire front dome light housing? or maybe just that plastic cover (grey plastic)

Thanks again for the reply...
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #135
starbai
Captain
starbai's Avatar
Guyana
16
Rep
770
Posts

Drives: 09 335i Sedan
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Orlando FL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcornwellatl View Post
Oh man yeah I wish I had small hands and I wish I had friggen tools! I was going to take down the visors and thought (kind of a human mistake) that the screws were phillips - then realized, nope I have a German car...

So now I have the plastic cover broken - the light bulb is pushed all the way up - the head liner seems like it isn't secure - I'm not sure what else I can totally screw up - I'm waiting for somebody to post how many Georgia boys does it take to screw in a BMW light bulb...

but it looks like I'll be taking it to the dealer in the AM - bad thing is its out of warranty - not that they would have covered this anyway... so I'm probably looking at 250 from the dealer easy... I can't find the part number or else I'd order an entire new assemly and then get a after market garage to install it for me...

anybody know the part number for the entire front dome light housing? or maybe just that plastic cover (grey plastic)

Thanks again for the reply...
I do not know the part number but before I went to the dealer, I'd definitely check on ebay for your broken pieces. I'm sure there have to be a few on there.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #136
LittleBlue
Second Lieutenant
United_States
2
Rep
235
Posts

Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: U.S.A

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Yahoo to LittleBlue
For those that have good knowledge of LED ( what's good vs bad ) can you please give me your honest opinion if you were to buy a interior led kit for your E90, which one of these would you choose? I noticed by looking at the pictures, each LED are a bit different than others, I am not up to par on this stuff yet so please chime in if you have knowledge, thanks! These are sets of 14 LEDs, #1&2 include all including trunk, what seems to be missing are two rear under door lights, my car has lights on all four doors.

All from China

Option:

#1) http://www.ebay.com/itm/14-Light-LED...064#vi-content

#2) http://www.ebay.com/itm/14-pcs-White...529#vi-content

#3) http://www.ebay.com/itm/14-Lights-SM...236#vi-content
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 10:14 PM   #137
Boomer6
New Member
Boomer6's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

+1
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 10:34 PM   #138
LittleBlue
Second Lieutenant
United_States
2
Rep
235
Posts

Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: U.S.A

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Yahoo to LittleBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer6
+1
#1 based on what? Just curious thanks !
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 11:00 PM   #139
little_meech
Second Lieutenant
10
Rep
293
Posts

Drives: 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United States

iTrader: (1)

Does anyone know how I can get my hands on an Euphoria/F1 Autohaus led interior light kit? Mike@ F1 autohaushas not been online for sometime now and I really like this bulbs.

I see E92 lighting has a kit out, any feedback on that?

http://www.e92-lighting.com/products...82-367-47.html

I can't get a response from them and I don't want to order it if it's not the same quality.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #140
kavehh
New Member
0
Rep
17
Posts

Drives: 330D
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BME 330D  [0.00]
part number rq

Hi,

Does anyone know the part number of simply the name of the bulb adapter in the photo?

I installed the led package. the centre bulb on the front roof doesnt work. I checked the connection to make sure they are touching the led. the oem bulb doesnt work too. It used to work before i start the job. I think i tried pushing it too hard as led connection is slightly ticker than oem halogen.

Can the problem be something else?

Thanks
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 11:39 PM   #141
JustROLLIN
Private
0
Rep
76
Posts

Drives: 2007 e90 328xi
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Mpls, MN

iTrader: (0)

Anyone have any tips for reinstalling the front dome frosted plastic? I have everything installed and working but cannot get the front plastic to clip back in. Thanks inadvance.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2013, 06:37 PM   #142
e70msportmia
Captain
e70msportmia's Avatar
United_States
34
Rep
986
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Earth

iTrader: (6)

Whats up forum! Well I just installed my LED lights and I had the same problem as above, now the OEM bulb wont work, can some one please chime in if you have had this problem. Do I need whole new lighting unit or what?


Quote:
Originally Posted by kavehh View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know the part number of simply the name of the bulb adapter in the photo?

I installed the led package. the centre bulb on the front roof doesnt work. I checked the connection to make sure they are touching the led. the oem bulb doesnt work too. It used to work before i start the job. I think i tried pushing it too hard as led connection is slightly ticker than oem halogen.

Can the problem be something else?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #143
charmin
New Member
charmin's Avatar
United Kingdom
1
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: 320i M-Sport June 2009
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hampshire UK

iTrader: (0)

This should be helpful for getting that front dome out.... 2min job.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...errerid=175567
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 03:32 AM   #144
SgtGoldy
SuperFastYo
SgtGoldy's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
774
Posts

Drives: N54 335i TiAg
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (1)

Exactly what I was looking for
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #145
StayClassy7
Second Lieutenant
StayClassy7's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
219
Posts

Drives: E90 LCI
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Orlando FL

iTrader: (0)

None of this explains how to change the ambient lighting. The orange glow in the car. Can that bulb be upgraded?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #146
LittleBlue
Second Lieutenant
United_States
2
Rep
235
Posts

Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: U.S.A

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Yahoo to LittleBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayClassy7
None of this explains how to change the ambient lighting. The orange glow in the car. Can that bulb be upgraded?
why would you want to do that, I think you need around with that they will do working, I actually like the orange glow.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2014, 02:28 PM   #147
say_oh_shin
New Member
0
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

I just installed an interior LED kid and while it was easy enough to remove the rear dome, once I played around with the it and got the LEDs installed, I realized that there was no reason to do anything with the headliner for the front dome.

Take off the clear plastic housing
Remove the black rings around the map lights
Remove old bulbs
Install LEDs
Put it back together
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 02:45 AM   #148
royalblue335i
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonstone View Post
Not sure if this has been covered before but none of the techniques shown to replace the front dome lights are required. The BMW owners manual describes how to access the sunroof manual wind mechanism. I just followed this and had the light assembly out and lights replaced within minutes. Just make sure you have a small flat blade screwdriver and angle it towards the rear of the car as you push up otherwise you will catch the edge of the roof and not push back the metal clip.
I used the method that is described in the owner’s manual to access the sunroof manual wind mechanism to replace the bulbs in the front dome light assembly. It's pretty fast and easy to get to the clips if you just use a small screwdriver. I used a small 1 1/2" flathead screwdriver. Just position the screwdriver right in front of the map light. Pry the screwdriver between the headliner and dome assembly and press the clip with a little force. The dome light assembly will pop down in that corner when the clip is pressed in. Repeat the same process on the other side. I think it's unnecessary to remove each sun visor to drop the headliner to get to the clips.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2014, 01:39 AM   #149
jwong77
First Lieutenant
16
Rep
355
Posts

Drives: W211 MB E350 & E92 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Santa Clara

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
This was helpful thanks!
__________________
2007 BMW 328i Coupe
Space Grey | Black Interior/Aluminum Trim | BMW Performance Springs | Bilstien B8 Sport Struts | lux V5 H8 Angel Eyes | LCI Tail Lights | OEM 6FL USB/iPod Retrofit | OEM Bluetooth Retrofit | MULF2 | M-Tech Steering Wheel | LCI Paddle Shifters | OSRAM CBI
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 05:48 PM   #150
Class-Act
New Member
Class-Act's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: 2009 335i Dinan S2
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Santa Barbara

iTrader: (0)

Awesome write-up, saved me a bunch of time. Thanks
__________________
2009 BMW 335i Dinan S2
2006 Audi S4 - retired
2001 BMW 740iL - retired
1991 Mazda Miata - retired
2003 G35 Coupe - retired
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 08:22 PM   #151
Jasjeet
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: 06 325xi
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: CT

iTrader: (0)

Purchasing

Where can I purchase a lighting kit for my e90?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 08:43 AM   #152
Tim07e90
Captain
Tim07e90's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
813
Posts

Drives: 2007 E90 328i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [4.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasjeet
Where can I purchase a lighting kit for my e90?
Highperformancebulbs.com
__________________
Performance Mods: ST Coilovers | R1 Concepts Premier Rotors w/Hawk HPS Pads | ECS Stainless Steel Brake Lines | OEM 219M Wheels | Bridgestone Potenza RE760 | Precision Euro Spacers | AA Race Headers | AFE Race Midpipes | Remus Powersound Quad Exhaust | AA Offroad Tune | RevMotoring Intake Pipe | Cyba Scoops
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2016, 09:10 PM   #153
bin01123
Private First Class
United_States
11
Rep
129
Posts

Drives: 2013 535i M Sport
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Nice DIY
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2016, 07:51 AM   #154
Ian_N54
Captain
104
Rep
866
Posts

Drives: 2008 335XI E90
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustROLLIN
Anyone have any tips for reinstalling the front dome frosted plastic? I have everything installed and working but cannot get the front plastic to clip back in. Thanks inadvance.
I put mine back on and it was fine for months until the other day when it just fell off.. half scared the shit out of me.. Anyways I figure it's because of the sub and I can't get it to stay on anymore.... Any ideas?

Preferably ones that don't involve removing the sub
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:06 AM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST