E90Post

ProTUNING Freaks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > The Democratic Presidential Candidate Debates May Well Be an Interview

01-31-2015, 12:33 AM   #1
tony20009
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

The Democratic Presidential Candidate Debates May Well Be an Interview

Hillary Clinton has yet to announce that she will run for President. I don't see why she should or would so long as other Democrats, Dems who practically speaking have sufficient national recognition to challenge Ms. Clinton, don't announce.

And that's the ting. At the moment, it really doesn't matter what other Dem announces; none of them right now have a snowball's chance in hell of defeating her for the nomination.

So, if Ms. Clinton does finally announce she's running for the job, what will the Democratic debates be like?

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2015, 12:46 PM   #2
Dalko43
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Hillary Clinton has yet to announce that she will run for President. I don't see why she should or would so long as other Democrats, Dems who practically speaking have sufficient national recognition to challenge Ms. Clinton, don't announce.

And that's the ting. At the moment, it really doesn't matter what other Dem announces; none of them right now have a snowball's chance in hell of defeating her for the nomination.

So, if Ms. Clinton does finally announce she's running for the job, what will the Democratic debates be like?

All the best.
This is assuming a lot on your part.

Hillary's initial 'book tour which wasn't a campaign tour' was widely panned by pundits and analysts of all types. I think that there are many liberals, Hillary's entourage included, who are having second thoughts about Hillary's potential campaign run.

Also just because no other Democratic candidates have announced their intent to run doesn't mean Hillary will be the only contender....the game is still young.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 12:30 PM   #3
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

She was a shoe-in right up until the time Barrack won the nomination before. Biden is waiting until the Spring or early summer to announce.

And now that Phil saw his shadow, he has 6 more weeks to consider
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 03:46 PM   #4
tony20009
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
She was a shoe-in right up until the time Barrack won the nomination before. Biden is waiting until the Spring or early summer to announce.

Do you really think Mr. Biden will toss his hat into the race? I don't.

Hillary Clinton is no "spring chicken," and Mr. Biden is five years her elder. Given the headache, hubbub, and stress of running, I know I wouldn't run for President were I 72 years old and not already sitting in the Oval Office. I doubt I'd do it at 67 either.

I say that from the viewpoint of a 56 year old man who, like many folks who seek that job, has reached a point in life where finding oneself on "easy street" is but a matter of choosing to retire. Right now, the prospect of being retired in four to six years captures my imagination far more than would running for political office.

Then again, I've never sought political office, and one thing that differs between me and all politicians is the size of our egos. If my not terribly small ego is the size of Lake Erie, that of politicians is at least the size of the Mediterranean Sea at the least.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 03:58 PM   #5
Dalko43
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Isn't that funny how it works:

Hillary was widely panned and treated like the red-headed step-child relative to how many pundits and journalists treated Obama in the 2008 election primaries.

Now that Obama is off the ticket for 2016, all those same pundits, political operatives and journalists talk about Hillary like she is the only 'logical' candidate for the presidency.

What changed between 2008 and 2016?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 02:34 PM   #6
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Hillary is the next "first" that may get her over the hurdle and back into the Oval Office.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 05:51 PM   #7
Holshot
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW 335is

Well if the main stream media actually ever reported the truth on mrs. Clinton it wouldn't be a walk in the park as everyone assumes... She carries more baggage then every flight that leaves La Guardia airport on a daily basis. But when the media is in your pocket like they were for big O, it doesn't matter. He could have walked into the middle of the street and put a gun to someone's head and would get away with it. If the media won't report on the facts it's almost as if it never happened. If a tree fell in the woods and no one was there to hear it did it make a noise? This new email scandal would have sunk anyone else but since it's Clinton I give it a few days and you'll hear nothing else about it.

Then they will paint the very few news agencies that would report on it as racist, liars, bigots or just "hatin" but in this case they will all be sexists... When you got guys like Chris Matthews who got a chill run up his leg every time he heard no hope Obama speak how can you say that the main stream media is not in the bag for him and all liberals. Now, we are a country that have to prove something, first elect a black president to show we're not racists. Next a woman so that we're not sexists. Then someone gay so we're not homophobic then I suppose a transgender, ect.... God forbid we elect the right person for the job. It's all about "symbolism" got to love liberals... Gotta love this "everyone deserves a trophy generation" I miss Reagan
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 11:54 AM   #8
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

So, after Mrs. Clinton, we can look forward to Mr(s). Jenner????
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 12:05 PM   #9
Holshot
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So, after Mrs. Clinton, we can look forward to Mr(s). Jenner????
Sounds about right... Or possibly an illegal alien, oh I mean an un-documented human being because borders don't matter, we're all the same on the inside. Kumbaya my lord... Kumbaya...
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 12:15 PM   #10
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Kumbaya. I missed that opportunity to drive the "church bus" (Ford Econoline van) since the baseball team got a good coin toss and we play at home today.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 02:08 PM   #11
Dalko43
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Improperly using private email accounts for government work.

Allowing her foundation to accept millions of $ from foreign governments while she was the Secretary of State.

Yes, these "interviews" are going to be quite interesting when those issues, among others, come up.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 02:22 PM   #12
other_evolved
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalko43 View Post

Allowing her foundation to accept millions of $ from foreign governments while she was the Secretary of State.

Yes, these "interviews" are going to be quite interesting when those issues, among others, come up.
At least she didn't release 10,000+ social security #'s like Jeb Bush

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 02:36 PM   #13
Dalko43
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by other_evolved View Post
Quote:

A mistake on his part for sure.

But if you can't figure out which one has greater implications for national security, then I think it's fair to say that you've got a metaphorical hard-on for Hilary. Or maybe you have a physical one as well..who knows.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 02:53 PM   #14
other_evolved
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
A mistake on his part for sure.

But if you can't figure out which one has greater implications for national security, then I think it's fair to say that you've got a metaphorical hard-on for Hilary. Or maybe you have a physical one as well..who knows.
I won't be voting for Hillary, or Jeb, for that matter, but I'm not on a witch hunt, either. Jeb releasing 10k+ SS #'s is a big deal.

In any event, she's making them public.... I'm assuming that they won't be redacted or "go missing" ala IRS emails or Dick Cheney's subpoenad inbox.

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 03:04 PM   #15
Holshot
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh yeah, because that comes close to the level of deceit and obvious manipulation on the part of Clinton. She deliberately choose to setup a separate email on her own server the VERY day she was sworn in so no one would be the wiser as to what she was doing and who she was communicating with. Now instead of we the people or Congress having the ability to get that information freely we have to go and Her to provide them. Hmmmm, do you honestly think she will hand over anything that makes her look bad? Come on dude open your eyes... (In my best Oliver Twist voice) Please sir, may I have some more...

Jeb made a mistake, period! Please, In no way misconstrue my defense a pro Jeb statement as I think he would be jsut slightly worse for this country then she would. I wish he would just go away to be honest. We don't need another bush or anyone like him in office the next go around. We need real leadership. His mistake was just that a mistake with no ill will or intent that would benefit him unlike would Clinton. Her decision to do what she did was thoroughly planned and well thought out for a reason like everything she has ever done.

Gee, I wonder where/why all those "donations" came from... nothing is free in life and you better believe those donations come with strings attached. No one and I mean NO ONE gives out that kind of scratch for nothing. She is a bigger POS then her hubby but I'll take Bill any day of the week over the Saul Alinski loving Hillary. She did her senior thesis on the guy and was very close to him. Now that's scary... That guy was a real piece of work full of hate for this country and nearly everyone in it and wanted to see it all burn down. This was her hero, so what kind of person do you think she really is deep down inside.

For anyone who has no clue on who Saul Alinski is do a search... Rules for Radicals lays it all out on how they plan on taking over. Big O is another Saul fan as you can see from his agenda and his idea of " a fundamental change". If anyone bothers to read it you'll see big Zero is using rules for radicals as is unofficial playbook and dumb, liberal, hippy Americans are falling for it hook line and sinker. They deserve what they get in the end.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 03:07 PM   #16
Dalko43
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I won't be voting for Hillary, or Jeb, for that matter, but I'm not on a witch hunt, either. Jeb releasing 10k+ SS #'s is a big deal.

In any event, she's making them public.... I'm assuming that they won't be redacted or "go missing" ala IRS emails or Dick Cheney's subpoenad inbox.
You're also assuming that she will actually release of all the government related emails, which is hard to confirm since they weren't generated and archived on government accounts to begin with.

And you're also ignoring the obvious conflict of interest that is implicated by accepting millions of Dollars from foreign governments while serving as the Sec of State.

Jeb's mistake is small fries by comparison.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 03:09 PM   #17
other_evolved
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holshot View Post
Oh yeah, because that comes close to the level of deceit and obvious manipulation on the part of Clinton. She deliberately choose to setup a separate email on her own server the VERY day she was sworn in so no one would be the wiser as to what she was doing and who she was communicating with. Now instead of we the people or Congress having the ability to get that information freely we have to go and Her to provide them. Hmmmm, do you honestly think she will hand over anything that makes her look bad? Come on dude open your eyes... (In my best Oliver Twist voice) Please sir, may I have some more...

Jeb made a mistake, period! Please, In no way misconstrue my defense a pro Jeb statement as I think he would be jsut slightly worse for this country then she would. I wish he would just go away to be honest. We don't need another bush or anyone like him in office the next go around. We need real leadership. His mistake was just that a mistake with no ill will or intent that would benefit him unlike would Clinton. Her decision to do what she did was thoroughly planned and well thought out for a reason like everything she has ever done.
Open my eyes? lol

I view this as an issue, make no mistake. I just don't see it as some new, alarming issue. I must have missed the media frenzy over the long list of prior, and current, politicians who have done very similar, if not the exact same, things. Rove, Palin, Cuomo, Obama, etc. It's the same old story.

Quote:
Gee, I wonder where/why all those "donations" came from... nothing is free in life and you better believe those donations come with strings attached. No one and I mean NO ONE gives out that kind of scratch for nothing. She is a bigger POS then her hubby but I'll take Bill any day of the week over the Saul Alinski loving Hillary. She did her senior thesis on the guy and was very close to him. Now that's scary... That guy was a real piece of work full of hate for this country and nearly everyone in it and wanted to see it all burn down. This was her hero, so what kind of person do you think she really is deep down inside.

For anyone who has no clue on who Saul Alinski is do a search... Rules for Radicals lays it all out on how they plan on taking over. Big O is another Saul fan as you can see from his agenda and his idea of " a fundamental change". If anyone bothers to read it you'll see big Zero is using rules for radicals as is unofficial playbook and dumb, liberal, hippy Americans are falling for it hook line and sinker. They deserve what they get in the end.
Rules for Radicals is the modus operandi implemented by D's and R's, and it's equally insidious in both hands.

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 03:10 PM   #18
other_evolved
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
You're also assuming that she will actually release of all the government related emails, which is hard to confirm since they weren't generated and archived on government accounts to begin with.

And you're also ignoring the obvious conflict of interest that is implicated by accepting millions of Dollars from foreign governments while serving as the Sec of State.

Jeb's mistake is small fries by comparison.
Ignoring? It wasn't brought up until the last post, or two!

I'm all for campaign donation reform and transparency.

Again, both sides are guilty of this type of crap....which is why I won't be voting for either of them. Are you?

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 03:53 PM   #19
Holshot
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ignoring? It wasn't brought up until the last post, or two!

I'm all for campaign donation reform and transparency.

Again, both sides are guilty of this type of crap....which is why I won't be voting for either of them. Are you?

I totally agree that the both establishments' are they same for the most part and I'm all for transparency, just not the kind we were promised back in '08. The most secretive and dishonest White in recent history but have the audacity to claim the opposite, feels like I'm in the twilight zone where everything is backwards up is down left is right, ect...

I think it's an absolute crime that it will cost over 2 billion dollars to elect the next president when so many people are suffering and could put that money to good use. The only ones who win are the ad companies and the party that wins. They way it's setup now basically gives the office to who can raise the most money, so sad...

Ted Cruz or Scott Walker will get my vote!

www.unsavoryagents.com <--- this guys rocks, hilarious political satire! Yet so true...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 06:15 PM   #20
SoCal235
Private
Rep
Drives: M235

Jeb Bush & Scott Walker have done this same thing with emails. But I highly doubt any of the GOP will make any noise about their lack of transparency.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 06:47 PM   #21
tony20009
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

At first blush, I think the whole email matter -- be it JB's or HC's -- is a mole hill made mountain. I seriously doubt either of them had malfeasance in mind when they installed their servers. If and when someone produces credible, non-circumstantial indicators that chicanery was involved in their establishing their email servers, I'll alter my viewpoint and determine then whether, given my thus revised view, it matters to me.

I don't care what folks think of either person's politics, the fact is that both are upstanding, accomplished citizens. I'm fine with the haranguing over their public policy stances, but the verity of what their intent was re: email distribution and management issues cannot be much beyond speculation. I think people of either individual's stature, or any other typical person, deserve to be given the benefit of the doubt on such matters.

It's incumbent upon voters to stop lending credence to the strategy of petty smears as a way to gain favor. Were we all to do that, to rise above the childishness, our political process, and our ability to make well informed choices, would be vastly improved. "Negative campaigning" only works because voters allow it to work.

All the best.

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2015, 08:22 AM   #22
Efthreeoh
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 & Z4 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
At first blush, I think the whole email matter -- be it JB's or HC's -- is a mole hill made mountain. I seriously doubt either of them had malfeasance in mind when they installed their servers. If and when someone produces credible, non-circumstantial indicators that chicanery was involved in their establishing their email servers, I'll alter my viewpoint and determine then whether, given my thus revised view, it matters to me.

I don't care what folks think of either person's politics, the fact is that both are upstanding, accomplished citizens. I'm fine with the haranguing over their public policy stances, but the verity of what their intent was re: email distribution and management issues cannot be much beyond speculation. I think people of either individual's stature, or any other typical person, deserve to be given the benefit of the doubt on such matters.

It's incumbent upon voters to stop lending credence to the strategy of petty smears as a way to gain favor. Were we all to do that, to rise above the childishness, our political process, and our ability to make well informed choices, would be vastly improved. "Negative campaigning" only works because voters allow it to work.

All the best.
LOL. Hillary's whole life is and has been lived with malfeasance in mind.

It's simple, a person who has a cabinet-level position in the U.S. Government, such as the Secretary of State, should conduct all government business on government IT infrastructure using a .gov e-mail account. Saying "Well Jeb Bush, or Scott Walker did the same thing" is what a child says when he gets in trouble. The problem with this White House administration is it is run by a bunch of children...
I'm sorry, but a manual trans can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it. It doesn't need "modes"; modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission.
Appreciate 0