E90Post

N54Tuning.com

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Big Motoring World, Independent Used BMW Cars for Sale in West Malling, Kent, Reviews

11-17-2010, 06:01 AM   #551
rogerxp
Major General

Drives: 370Z R'ster / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
...and R....E....L....A....X .

Glad you got that off your chest .
Gone -: BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
rogerxp is offline   United Kingdom
      11-17-2010, 06:27 AM   #552
toxicnerve
Colonel

Drives: E92 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeths View Post
if this comes out twicew apologies, my pc crashed.

Newbie to the forum and just had to join after googling BIG MOTORING WORLD to share my experience.

My wife bought an X3 with full BMW service history and a years MOT. Picked the car up 3 months MOT and missing service book. Offered a free MOT - wuppity wup, should have been done already - and advised the service book was in their filing system definitely existed because the sales guy had seen it - yeah rite, you lie for a living and decided to take advantage of a female who was clueless about cars (with respect to my missus).

After calling every week for three months (YES 3 MONTHS) I was told that they had found the book and it was in the post. On receipt a week later, I dindn't have the warmest of feelings so rang the main dealers who had stamped the book. Feck me every one of them said they had never serviced my car and on checking the BMW system the vehicle had never been serviced at a main dealer.

So, I rang BIG MOTORING WORLD (who are liars, con artists and now beginning to get verbally aggressive) who fobbed me off with the line that they had made a mistake and that they had given me a service book for an identical X3 in terms of colour and engine/trim etc but with one number different on the reg - BIG MOTORING WORLD you are full of shit.

I marched down there and saw the 'Manager'. He was a retarded spiv who was as stupid as he was slimy and proceeded to tell me the car was never advertised with a full service history. I showed him my file with the original advert with print date, he told he I had doctored the document, I told him he was a cunt and that Trading Standards would be advised and they would have access to his computer records which would corroborate my facts.

He then changed tack and became my 'best friend' in a way I assume he normally reserves for his prospective customers. Cutting my rant short, I got a full refund and then promptly reported him to Trading Standards when the cheque cleared.

Do not do business with Big Motoring World, they are crooked.

As an aside, anyone who has bought one of their cars and been impressed with the quality of the wheel refurbs beware. Many of their vehicles have aftermarket replica wheels which are of an inferior quality AND INFRINGE ON BMW's COPYWRIGHT/PATENT.

Furthermore would you want to drive a car with potentially dangerous replica wheels, particularly for say a heavy X5 or a performance 540 ??

I am so glad I found this thread...I think it has given me closure

Keep up the good work guys and DON NOT BUY FROM BIG MOTORING WORLD.

If the guys at Big Motoring World, Wrotham are reading this and are unhappy with any of the facts, please feel free to post up on here or alternatively come round my house - you have my details. But the fact that you are gutless cocksuckers intent on ripping off uneducated buyers and or women just about sums you lot up.

Thank fuck for Karma...can't wait until you get yours
Quote:
Forgot to mention, the rear washwipe water didnt work from day 1. Took it back to them within a week they looked at it and scratched their arses for 4 hours and said they didnt know what was wrong with it. I went onto an X3 forum and in less than ten minutes identified the washer pipe that travels across the rear footwell was split and filling the well with water.

Front seat out, rear squab out carpet up, replaced and rerouted pipe so it is not under foot and all fixed in an hour and a half. Only problem was airbag light needed resetting as seat had been removed.

So Big Motoring World Wrotham, not only are you crooked, but you are not even knowledgeable regarding known faults with the marque you sell. In isolation I could live with this, but in conjunction with everything else...

Do not buy from BIG MOTORING WORLD, WROTHAM who sell BMW 1 2 3 5 6 X series
Quote:
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...rld%22&nmt=Big

It's been removed from Piston heads but hopefully will raise the counter for this thread...

Dont buy from Big Motoring World
Quote:
Aaron Perks - General Manager
Aaron Perks is our General Manager and has dedicated 10 years to the Big Motoring World cause. Bringing 25 years of used motor trade experience to the table Aaron has helped pushed the company to new heights and continues to do so on a daily basis.

Call us on 01732 220555

Not posting personal data as this is exctracted from their own site

http://www.bigmotoringworld.co.uk/about-us/the_team/3/

Big up Arsehole Aaron and the Bullshit Motivated Wankers massive he is responsible for
You sir, are a true orator!

Un-fucking-believable story and it clearly show how crooked Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4 really are.
      11-17-2010, 07:34 AM   #553
Jeff123
Jeff

Drives: 320d M Sport auto - 2007 (E90)

I know that this is sad, but I have just looked at their website. If everything that they say about themselves is correct, they should have a good business. If the cars actually exist, they have some decent stock and it's easy to see why people have bought cars from them.

Pity that thay have to ruin it by (alleged) gutter-type sales tactics.
Jeff123 is offline   United Kingdom
      11-17-2010, 12:58 PM   #554
Daeths

Drives: x3

Roger, feeling pretty relaxed now m8 (it did feel good )

Toxic, you would not believe the shite they come up with and when youo confront them, they wheel out their 18 stone gorilla who hands over the cars, can't remember his name, but he's not listed on their website so ha can tbe important (quelle surprise !)

On a very serious note, to anyone who has bought one of their cars and if the alloys were perfect shiny and sparkly, do check to see if they are OEM or whether they have been replaced with new cheaper (read inferior) replica's.

People smarter than me on here will tell you what the correct and authentic coding prefix is.

So to sum up Big Motoring World in Wrotham lie about their stock to lure you in, lie about their vehicles in terms of history/MOT and fob you off with inferior wheels which I would expect do not meet the manufacturers guidelines.

So if you are single and don't value your money or safety....buy one of their cars.

Alternatively if you do value your money or have a partner and / or kiddies, do not buy from these people, pay a little extra and buy with more confidence

The firm to avoid.....yup Big Motoring World, Wrotham Kent.

Finally I love this site let's hope they do respond
      11-18-2010, 08:38 AM   #555
philreid
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E90 325i M Sport

Suddenly Daeths is one of my favourite posters on this site! hahahaaaa superb
      11-18-2010, 08:50 AM   #556
xenon
Brigadier General

Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport

The sad thing is that our Trading Standards are impotent. If this was anywhere else these arseholes would have been closed down.
xenon is offline   England
      11-18-2010, 11:22 AM   #557
Falmouthboy
Squadron Leader (Ret'd)

Drives: E91 330d SE & Mini Coupe JCW

I think it is beholden on every member of this site who posts on another BMW forum to start a thread and link it to this one. I did this a while back on the 1 series forum, but it hasn't quite taken off like this.
      11-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #558
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist

Drives: E46 M3 CS

Garage List
Loving the tags
      11-24-2010, 03:47 AM   #559
Daeths

Drives: x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
The sad thing is that our Trading Standards are impotent. If this was anywhere else these arseholes would have been closed down.

But they won Independent Used Car Retailer of the Year at the Motor Trader Industry Awards 2010...so they must be good, provide high vehicles and high quality after sales customer service. Maybe all of the posters, including myself were just unfortunate and they otherwise have thousands of satisfied customers.

Big Motoring World Wrotham 1 3 5 6 7 X series poor service

Interestingly, they were selling a lot of cars overseas to Ireland and Cyprus due to the Euro/GBP rate of exchange. With the economic impact in these countries, hopefully it will negatively impact BIG MOTORING WORLD WROTHAM sales and their dishonest and poor level of service will be put our of business.

Even better would be if the owners went bankrupt...now that would be karma
      11-24-2010, 04:14 AM   #560
creepy coupe
Major General

Drives: M235i

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
When I test drove the M3 we went past their yard, I mentioned them to the salesman not mentioning comments on here. He said they were good for business as some of their customers had bought from them, then realised the error of their ways, and then bought a proper BMW. Which made I chuckle.
      11-26-2010, 06:50 PM   #561
Secretsalesmanager

Drives: BMW 1 M Coupe

I would like to add that I am not associated in any way with the company quoted below, and I wish them all the success they deserve in 2011.
--------------------------------------------------
I just had a look for Big Motoring World Group selling Second hand used BMWs, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4 in Kent .......and after a bit of scrolling searching for ........Big Motoring World Group selling Second hand used BMWs, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4 in Kent website, it came up on page 8 after I put in the words 'BMW cars for sale'

Then I looked under 'coupe' on....... Big Motoring World Group selling Second hand used BMWs, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4 in Kent and for some strange reason they describe it as a 'E90 coupe'

Now I would have thought that a company such as...... Big Motoring World Group selling Second hand used BMWs, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4 in Kent ....... would have known that the coupe is an E92.

Makes me wonder if ....Big Motoring World Group selling Second hand used BMWs, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4 in Kent......... cannot get a simple thing like a model number correct what else do...... Big Motoring World Group selling Second hand used BMWs, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4 in Kent get wrong?
      11-30-2010, 04:30 PM   #562
335COUPED
Registered

Drives: 335

This thread is a tad unfair. Bought a 335 Conv. 2007 (58k) for 18K two months ago. Only issues were that it had not been serviced but I saved more than that with the low price.

Think people should make up their own minds rather than reacting to Net hysteria and hating. It fact I wonder if some of their competitors are posting these harsh reviews.
      11-30-2010, 04:36 PM   #563
E92westy
Lieutenant

Drives: F20 118d Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335COUPED View Post
This thread is a tad unfair. Bought a 335 Conv. 2007 (58k) for 18K two months ago. Only issues were that it had not been serviced but I saved more than that with the low price.

Think people should make up their own minds rather than reacting to Net hysteria and hating. It fact I wonder if some of their competitors are posting these harsh reviews.
Ah, but were you told it had been serviced....

11-30-2010, 04:37 PM   #564
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist

Drives: E46 M3 CS

Garage List
F A C K I N G L O L
      11-30-2010, 04:40 PM   #565
335COUPED
Registered

Drives: 335

Yes they said it was serviced - I am guessing they only did basic checks. But I wouldn't mind betting that BMW does little more.
      11-30-2010, 05:10 PM   #566
E92westy
Lieutenant

Drives: F20 118d Sport

Quote:
Yes they said it was serviced - I am guessing they only did basic checks. But I wouldn't mind betting that BMW does little more.
Oh dear.........
      11-30-2010, 06:34 PM   #567
doc_ab
Major

Drives: 640D M Sport coupe

Garage List
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
2012 BMW 640D  [0.00]
Quote:

so you just stumbled across this thread by chance and decided to post hmm.

They told you it had been serviced but it hadn't isnt that fraudulent?
      11-30-2010, 06:36 PM   #568
chrislad
Enlisted Member

Drives: F10 520ed

Quote:

preaching to the never going to be converted here i think
      11-30-2010, 07:29 PM   #569
mjh93sa
Major General

Drives: M135i

Garage List
I didn't realise it was thread resurrection by random poster with no previous posts time again.

Undoubtedly some people will have come away from them with a car that satisfies their needs. But there are just too many instances all over the net of people describing sub-standard service, or as in the latest post downright fraudulent claims.

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman
Now: M135i with lots of toys
mjh93sa is offline   England
      12-02-2010, 08:14 AM   #570
bigbmw
Private

Drives: many

Quote:

12-02-2010, 08:19 AM   #571
xenon
Brigadier General

Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport

Christ on a bike.

As well as selling moody cars is it also a collective for the educationally subnormal?
xenon is offline   England
      12-02-2010, 08:19 AM   #572
willhollin
Major General

Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Here we go again.