E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Big Motoring World, Independent Used BMW Cars for Sale in West Malling, Kent, Reviews



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #881
edowen
Major
 
Drives: E90 320d Ed, 640d M, 5.0 TVR
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Uk

Posts: 1,018
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cool View Post
Unfortunately, I saw this thread too late. I already bought a car from Big Motoring World in May this year (£9000) Broke down after two weeks - gearbox! I had to tow the car down to them at Kent, and they have now had the car 16 days and still not repaired, and not kept me informed. I'm having to ring them everyday and they never call you back when they say they will, and I feel the car has just been parked on the side somewhere until they are ready to do something. They obviously don't want to spend the money to put it right, and relanctant to give me a refund.
Their after sales service is really poor, of course thats after you've parted with your money. I have just seen the owner's email address on this thread (peterbmws@hotmail.co.uk) and have sent him an email.
Once this matter is resolved, I will post the feedback on this forum, good or bad....
I'm still trying to keep my cool...!

Good luck. Involve trading standards if you need to. An email to BBC watchdog might be an idea too if you dont get a satisfactory outcome.
edowen is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2011, 04:34 PM   #882
bigbmw
Private
 
Drives: many
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: kent

Posts: 63
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cool View Post
Unfortunately, I saw this thread too late. I already bought a car from Big Motoring World in May this year (£9000) Broke down after two weeks - gearbox! I had to tow the car down to them at Kent, and they have now had the car 16 days and still not repaired, and not kept me informed. I'm having to ring them everyday and they never call you back when they say they will, and I feel the car has just been parked on the side somewhere until they are ready to do something. They obviously don't want to spend the money to put it right, and relanctant to give me a refund.
Their after sales service is really poor, of course thats after you've parted with your money. I have just seen the owner's email address on this thread (peterbmws@hotmail.co.uk) and have sent him an email.
Once this matter is resolved, I will post the feedback on this forum, good or bad....
I'm still trying to keep my cool...!

this is the owner of big i got e mail from this poster toinght along with his he mail arron perk in his letter responed only yeasterday this hole e mail of the poster can be put on here if denied...... this car is a old 7 and we are trying to find a gear box free of charge to the costmer i have also offerd him another car in exchange cars do break down and some times it takes a little time to get parts also as you all will now we have had a few bank hoildays in this time i wait respons from the e mail i sent costmer i have given him my personal e mail to contact me tommorow we do sell over 250 bmws a month u will get one break down now and again but we will do as much as we can to put things right thanks once again for this poster bring it to my attention
bigbmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2011, 04:36 PM   #883
bigbmw
Private
 
Drives: many
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: kent

Posts: 63
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edowen View Post
Good luck. Involve trading standards if you need to. An email to BBC watchdog might be an idea too if you dont get a satisfactory outcome.
as i said when people e mail me i respound cant ask anymore than this hey cars do break down and we have not refused to fix it
bigbmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2011, 04:39 PM   #884
bigbmw
Private
 
Drives: many
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: kent

Posts: 63
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B33M3R View Post
Good luck, hope you get this sorted.

Big Motoring World I'm personally quite happy to bump this thread from now until the end of time until you get the message and change your practices. We're all waiting to see how this one concludes

In fact just realised this is now a sticky. Righly so.
we always do our best when people e mail me just like the last two people how have have you bought a bmw from us or are you another car dealer please respond you have my e mail address to thanks for your time
bigbmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2011, 04:43 PM   #885
bigbmw
Private
 
Drives: many
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: kent

Posts: 63
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
This is a really good result and I'm happy to hear that BMWorld have done the right thing. BMW Ruxley need their legs slapped and I would be taking the pads/sensors to their service manager and asking him to "reconsider their assessment" and point out they were just trying to stitch you up.

i hope your car is till running fine as ive not heard from yourself many miles of motoring
bigbmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2011, 05:15 PM   #886
B33M3R
Captain
 
B33M3R's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 520d M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cambridgeshire

Posts: 697
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbmw View Post
we always do our best when people e mail me just like the last two people how have have you bought a bmw from us or are you another car dealer please respond you have my e mail address to thanks for your time
I think it's quite obvious I'm not another car dealer. It's becoming a bit of a recurring theme inferring there's some sort of conspiracy when anyone passes a comment on this thread.

Learn from the past. Don't incite forum members, like myself, into responding further. You almost managed to deal with this most recent issue professionally and might have started to rebuild a little confidence in those who come across this thread in search of a decent, independent dealer.

If you're struggling to repair what you 'sell' I suggest you find someone who can. As for the free of charge remark, you're not doing a customer a favour putting right a £9000 car when it's gearbox fails after a couple of weeks. I doubt you described it as an "old 7" when you were taking his money.
__________________
F10 520d M Sport Auto - Sophisto Grey Xirallic - 19" 351M - HK Audio - Sun Protection Glass - Spoiler - Professional Media - Enhanced Bluetooth - Adaptive Headlights - MFD - Ambient Lighting - Folding Mirrors - Reversing Camera
Check out my E90stereo install guide - http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=540954
B33M3R is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2011, 03:59 PM   #887
edowen
Major
 
Drives: E90 320d Ed, 640d M, 5.0 TVR
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Uk

Posts: 1,018
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbmw View Post
this is the owner of big i got e mail from this poster toinght along with his he mail arron perk in his letter responed only yeasterday this hole e mail of the poster can be put on here if denied...... this car is a old 7 and we are trying to find a gear box free of charge to the costmer i have also offerd him another car in exchange cars do break down and some times it takes a little time to get parts also as you all will now we have had a few bank hoildays in this time i wait respons from the e mail i sent costmer i have given him my personal e mail to contact me tommorow we do sell over 250 bmws a month u will get one break down now and again but we will do as much as we can to put things right thanks once again for this poster bring it to my attention
Jesus.
edowen is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2011, 04:32 PM   #888
leetennis
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 3 M Sport
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: kent

Posts: 517
iTrader: (0)

Maybe you have rolled out too many of your technicians tool boxes onto the a20 and you are slightly short staffed. Nice way of saying "you're fired" huh bigsy
leetennis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2011, 02:56 AM   #889
BGM
Colonel
 
Drives: F21 118d M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Farnborough, UK

Posts: 2,366
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetennis View Post
Maybe you have rolled out too many of your technicians tool boxes onto the a20 and you are slightly short staffed. Nice way of saying "you're fired" huh bigsy
rofl what?!
BGM is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2011, 08:46 AM   #890
Mr. Cool
New Member
 
Drives: BMW 730i E65
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Essex

Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cool View Post
Unfortunately, I saw this thread too late. I already bought a car from Big Motoring World in May this year (£9000) Broke down after two weeks - gearbox! I had to tow the car down to them at Kent, and they have now had the car 16 days and still not repaired, and not kept me informed. I'm having to ring them everyday and they never call you back when they say they will, and I feel the car has just been parked on the side somewhere until they are ready to do something. They obviously don't want to spend the money to put it right, and relanctant to give me a refund.
Their after sales service is really poor, of course thats after you've parted with your money. I have just seen the owner's email address on this thread (peterbmws@hotmail.co.uk) and have sent him an email.
Once this matter is resolved, I will post the feedback on this forum, good or bad....
I'm still trying to keep my cool...!

Hi all, just to keep you all updated on my problem with Big Motoring World.
Well after my email to the Owner of Big Motoring World (Peter -peterbmws@hotmail.co.uk]), he responded the same evening, gave me his mobile number and asked me to call him the following day.
To cut a long story short, by the following evening, he had called me back 4 times, in a bid to come to some kind of a compromise. He offered me a few choices which I never got from any of the salesmen; an option to upgrade to a newer 7 series with all the toys that my original one didnít have, with a 1500 taken off the marked price; an option to pick out another one up to the same value as my one, and a courtesy car whilst I wait.
Eventually I went down there to Kent and he personally waited on site to look after me. I picked out another 7 series, the closest match to my old one, and with a lower mileage. He agreed to do everything that needed doing to bring it up to scratch. This included re-spraying the whole front and sides of the car, changing one lens as it was a little cloudy, upgrading the wheels to a 20inch, and refurbishing the leather interior all free of charge. Nice!
So now Iím rolling in an E Class Mercedes 320 with a DVD player whilst I wait to pick up my new one on Tuesday.(Iíll post a picture once I have it)
I must say, Peter was nothing like I thought he would be after reading all the experiences other people went through. He was quite charming and really polite, and you could tell his staff respected him Ė or maybe feared him a little.
But all things considered, thanks to this forum and the support of you guys, itís all worked out fine. I would say too, if anyone has a problem, give Mr. Big a shout!
Thanks guys!
Mr. Cool is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2011, 08:57 AM   #891
BGM
Colonel
 
Drives: F21 118d M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Farnborough, UK

Posts: 2,366
iTrader: (0)

something smells..
BGM is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2011, 09:21 AM   #892
Mr. Cool
New Member
 
Drives: BMW 730i E65
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Essex

Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM View Post
something smells..
lOL! I know right???
Mr. Cool is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2011, 09:23 AM   #893
rich1068
has left the building
 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: UK

Posts: 3,363
iTrader: (0)

Sorry. That was me.
rich1068 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2011, 09:45 AM   #894
DrunkenMonkey
Private First Class
 
DrunkenMonkey's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335ise
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Underground

Posts: 151
iTrader: (0)

.
DrunkenMonkey is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2011, 12:46 PM   #895
///ajd
Colonel
 
///ajd's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 330d Touring
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: ...

Posts: 2,297
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cool View Post
Hi all, just to keep you all updated on my problem with Big Motoring World.
Well after my email to the Owner of Big Motoring World (Peter -peterbmws@hotmail.co.uk]), he responded the same evening, gave me his mobile number and asked me to call him the following day.
To cut a long story short, by the following evening, he had called me back 4 times, in a bid to come to some kind of a compromise. He offered me a few choices which I never got from any of the salesmen; an option to upgrade to a newer 7 series with all the toys that my original one didnít have, with a 1500 taken off the marked price; an option to pick out another one up to the same value as my one, and a courtesy car whilst I wait.
Eventually I went down there to Kent and he personally waited on site to look after me. I picked out another 7 series, the closest match to my old one, and with a lower mileage. He agreed to do everything that needed doing to bring it up to scratch. This included re-spraying the whole front and sides of the car, changing one lens as it was a little cloudy, upgrading the wheels to a 20inch, and refurbishing the leather interior all free of charge. Nice!
So now Iím rolling in an E Class Mercedes 320 with a DVD player whilst I wait to pick up my new one on Tuesday.(Iíll post a picture once I have it)
I must say, Peter was nothing like I thought he would be after reading all the experiences other people went through. He was quite charming and really polite, and you could tell his staff respected him Ė or maybe feared him a little.
But all things considered, thanks to this forum and the support of you guys, itís all worked out fine. I would say too, if anyone has a problem, give Mr. Big a shout!
Thanks guys!
Ha ha - I knew Mr Cool was a stooge as soon as he posted with his fake problem!

Too obvious loosers - no-one is falling for this bullsh*t.

The allegation that they sack people by throwing their belongings down the A20 is much more in keeping with the impression they have created on here. Classy, just like his grammer and spelling.
__________________
E91 330d Touring M Sport Auto 2006
225M 19" MV4 + Falken 453
M3 270M 18" rims + Vred Wintrac Extremes
100,000 miles
///ajd is offline   France
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2011, 02:34 AM   #896
disgruntled
New Member
 
Drives: 1 series
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: dartford

Posts: 10
iTrader: (0)

As someone with a genuinely resolved issue with my one series, from his account, I have doubts his post is genuine. I have to say however, i am still satisfied overall with the service I got.
aside from that my car recently passed its mot no probs and is running fine thanks Peter.

and btw, where can I get those teddy wheels I want them!
not sure what husband and kids would make of them tho!
disgruntled is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2011, 07:29 AM   #897
Mr. Cool
New Member
 
Drives: BMW 730i E65
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Essex

Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///ajd View Post
Ha ha - I knew Mr Cool was a stooge as soon as he posted with his fake problem!

Too obvious loosers - no-one is falling for this bullsh*t.

The allegation that they sack people by throwing their belongings down the A20 is much more in keeping with the impression they have created on here. Classy, just like his grammer and spelling.
Guys, Actually looking back at what I wrote, it does sound too good to be true, however it is and I'm suprised Bigsy hasn't been back on the forum to gloat.
I think I wrote out of relief more than anything, but trust me, I'm as genuine as can be.
I still believe the forum helped things along and before registering here, I had vented on another site (http://big-motoring-world.pissedcons...201209488.html) as I was desperate for answers. I'm hoping Mr Big didn't go out of his way to resolve my problem so quickly because of the forum, but that he genuinely wanted to help. I shouldn't go on really or people will still think I have shares in the company.
Anyway, I still haven't got the new one yet so you never know, I could be back moaning again. So Bigsy if you're still out there, don't cross me off the list yet.
Mr. Cool is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2011, 07:45 AM   #898
Mr. Cool
New Member
 
Drives: BMW 730i E65
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Essex

Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cool View Post
Guys, Actually looking back at what I wrote, it does sound too good to be true, however it is and I'm suprised Bigsy hasn't been back on the forum to gloat.
I think I wrote out of relief more than anything, but trust me, I'm as genuine as can be.
I still believe the forum helped things along and before registering here, I had vented on another site (http://big-motoring-world.pissedcons...201209488.html) as I was desperate for answers. I'm hoping Mr Big didn't go out of his way to resolve my problem so quickly because of the forum, but that he genuinely wanted to help. I shouldn't go on really or people will still think I have shares in the company.
Anyway, I still haven't got the new one yet so you never know, I could be back moaning again. So Bigsy if you're still out there, don't cross me off the list yet.
And guys...I'm a newby...please be gentle
Mr. Cool is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2011, 07:46 AM   #899
BGM
Colonel
 
Drives: F21 118d M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Farnborough, UK

Posts: 2,366
iTrader: (0)

sounds plausible
BGM is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2011, 07:51 AM   #900
Mr. Cool
New Member
 
Drives: BMW 730i E65
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Essex

Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM View Post
sounds plausible
Thanks BGM...
Mr. Cool is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2011, 06:39 AM   #901
bigbmw
Private
 
Drives: many
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: kent

Posts: 63
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cool View Post
Guys, Actually looking back at what I wrote, it does sound too good to be true, however it is and I'm suprised Bigsy hasn't been back on the forum to gloat.
I think I wrote out of relief more than anything, but trust me, I'm as genuine as can be.
I still believe the forum helped things along and before registering here, I had vented on another site (http://big-motoring-world.pissedcons...201209488.html) as I was desperate for answers. I'm hoping Mr Big didn't go out of his way to resolve my problem so quickly because of the forum, but that he genuinely wanted to help. I shouldn't go on really or people will still think I have shares in the company.
Anyway, I still haven't got the new one yet so you never know, I could be back moaning again. So Bigsy if you're still out there, don't cross me off the list yet.
hi its big here cant anyone do anything right it seems this foram told me to make myself avilible to answer for big on three account people have e mail and they have all been please what more can i say as for 7 serious man all we have done is taken old car back t26.... and put him in new one as we cant find a gear box quick hes happy if you check at nottingham you will see it being sold there in auction over next week or so under big motoring world ....so what have we done wrong now ????????? oh making another costmer happy
bigbmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2011, 06:48 AM   #902
bigbmw
Private
 
Drives: many
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: kent

Posts: 63
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled View Post
As someone with a genuinely resolved issue with my one series, from his account, I have doubts his post is genuine. I have to say however, i am still satisfied overall with the service I got.
aside from that my car recently passed its mot no probs and is running fine thanks Peter.

and btw, where can I get those teddy wheels I want them!
not sure what husband and kids would make of them tho!
im glade your car is running fine the last person was dealt the same as you if people would only e mail me first i will always try and help people out there . they are bigs futer and we dont go out off our way to upset people .on the other hand we cant make a car new when its used we aint paul danniels lol thanks for your time fourm users
bigbmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
3 series, big motoring world, bigsy backward, cants proper, cocks, complaints, con, crooks, d'ya like dags?, devious tosspots, false advertising, illiterate, is fur me maa!, kent, liars, motherfu**ers, muppet f*ckers, perrywinkle blue, pikey, really bad at english, sale, scumbags, tell trading standards, thieves, tossers, used bmw, utterbellends, wankers

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST