E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > GIAC Ecu Flash!!!



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-01-2009, 08:44 AM   #89
dmboone25
Major General
United_States
66

 
dmboone25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 F22 M235i/DUC M1100 EVO
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 5,388
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [0.00]
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
More updates coming later today, don't worry!
I will hold you to it!

Good deal.
__________________
Current - 2014 F22 M235 - MT, CWP, Premium, Aluminum Hex/Black Gloss Trim.
Past BMWs: 2011 E82 135 - LBM, N55, DCT
2008 E82 135 - AW, N54, MT
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT, ZSP (traded in for 135)
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT (retired by a drunk driver)
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 08:44 AM   #90
hotrod2448
grand poobah
United_States
21

 
hotrod2448's Avatar
 
Drives: E70 X5 SG, F10 535i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC


Posts: 2,015
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
Looking forward to the big news.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 08:50 AM   #91
lauer87
Lieutenant
5

 
lauer87's Avatar
 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA


Posts: 585
iTrader: (0)

Bump, any new info????
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 08:57 AM   #92
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
164

 
jpsimon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 STi
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CT


Posts: 9,015
iTrader: (5)

new info coming today
__________________
2015 STi / 335xi (solid)
www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive data log viewing

Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 09:07 AM   #93
scottp999
Brigadier General
56

 
scottp999's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i - E92 - 6MT & 4runner SR5
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MD


Posts: 4,666
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [4.50]
The quote below also started a thread on GIAC N54 tuning almost 2.5 years ago(Feb 2007), when we were told they purchased a 335. Hopefully this thread ends the wait soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4to335 View Post
Got some good news recently. I know Garrett Lim of GIAC and Jeff Moss of Torque Factory. Anyway, recently heard that GIAC purchased a new 335i for their stable to develop a chip program for it. I have had GIAC chips in several of my Audis..and I can tell you Garrett knows his stuff. Anyway, when I decide it is time to chip my 335i, I will definitely be evaluating the GIAC. I suggest you all do as well. If I get it I will post my impressions. GIAC's IBE chip switch (where you can change the program via the OBD port) is pretty slick.
from: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45748
__________________
Rob Beck Turbos, PROcede Rev. 3, Procede Fueling Flash (via OpenFlash Tablet), PPS Methanol System (Devil's Own 12 GPH Nozzle/Aquamist Flow Sensor/Labonte VC25), DCI, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance Suspension, Autobahn Exotics Exhaust, Helix FMIC, AR Design Downpipes, BSH Catch Can, Forge Diverter Valves, P3cars Vent Boost Gauge, Alufelgen CSL Reps, Lux 5.1 H8 Angel Eyes, HPB HID Fogs, LTBMW M3 Side Skirts, BMW M3 Rear Spoiler, BMW Front Aero Lip, BMW Pedal Kit, BMW M Shift Knob, Autotecknic Matte Black Grilles.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 11:02 AM   #94
N54MPower
Private
United_States
0

 
Drives: Fast Cars
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Global


Posts: 70
iTrader: (0)

I had nothing but great experiences in the past using GIAC and with Andrew on my other cars. I've used other software tuners on VW/Audi's and GIAC has them beat.

The difference in smoothness and power delivery was a night and day difference compared to the others and their hand held cable was a great feature that allowed me to switch between programs. I don't doubt that their offering will be worth the wait.

The fact that it's taken them this long to refine the software says alot about a company that would rather sacrifice sales in the name of producing a superior product.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 12:14 PM   #95
Sniz
Lieutenant General
184

 
Sniz's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ellicott City, MD


Posts: 10,569
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54MPower View Post
I had nothing but great experiences in the past using GIAC and with Andrew on my other cars. I've used other software tuners on VW/Audi's and GIAC has them beat.

The difference in smoothness and power delivery was a night and day difference compared to the others and their hand held cable was a great feature that allowed me to switch between programs. I don't doubt that their offering will be worth the wait.

The fact that it's taken them this long to refine the software says alot about a company that would rather sacrifice sales in the name of producing a superior product.
hopefully that is the case, other option is they are just getting around to it
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 12:16 PM   #96
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
164

 
jpsimon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 STi
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CT


Posts: 9,015
iTrader: (5)

they've been working on it for a while now. They haven't just gotten to it.
__________________
2015 STi / 335xi (solid)
www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive data log viewing

Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 01:21 PM   #97
Sniz
Lieutenant General
184

 
Sniz's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ellicott City, MD


Posts: 10,569
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
they've been working on it for a while now. They haven't just gotten to it.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 01:41 PM   #98
TreDirtyFive
Captain
United_States
21

 
Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA


Posts: 918
iTrader: (8)

If you didn't see my earlier post in this thread...

"I've been using GIAC stuff on my cars for almost 10 years! I know Garret well...I heard you can't move your head an inch forward when you mash it on 2nd! Plus, I've heard from a birdie that there will be different switchable programs, like all the other tunes he does...valet, stock, 91/93, race, etc. all from the keyfob! That's a definite advantage over other flashes. But GIAC has been flashing cars straight through the ODB for a long time now...so, I'm sure GIAC dealers will be able to quickly flash, through the port, on site. I'll be testing very very soon"

I heard they just finished up their encryption and it's about ready. Just so most know, they have a 4WD Dyno there that they use to Dyno Tune and, yes, they've dynoed and tested several competitors tunes for comparison and study. They've really put a lot of R&D into this...it's no wonder their Porsche software wins all those competitions, not to mention the fastest twin turbo B5 Audi's are all Garret Tuned.
__________________
335 F30 MSport: N55.Tech.NAV.+
135 DCT:N55.Prem.Sports.NAV.IPod
X-335 E92: Prem.Sports.NAV.IPod
Audi A3: Sports.Tech.NAV.sways.DP.K2 Coils.Flash.etc
X-67 Baracuda Fastback: DragGears.Sway.etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 02:03 PM   #99
dmboone25
Major General
United_States
66

 
dmboone25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 F22 M235i/DUC M1100 EVO
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 5,388
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [0.00]
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreDirtyFive View Post
If you didn't see my earlier post in this thread...

"I've been using GIAC stuff on my cars for almost 10 years! I know Garret well...I heard you can't move your head an inch forward when you mash it on 2nd! Plus, I've heard from a birdie that there will be different switchable programs, like all the other tunes he does...valet, stock, 91/93, race, etc. all from the keyfob! That's a definite advantage over other flashes. But GIAC has been flashing cars straight through the ODB for a long time now...so, I'm sure GIAC dealers will be able to quickly flash, through the port, on site. I'll be testing very very soon"

I heard they just finished up their encryption and it's about ready. Just so most know, they have a 4WD Dyno there that they use to Dyno Tune and, yes, they've dynoed and tested several competitors tunes for comparison and study. They've really put a lot of R&D into this...it's no wonder their Porsche software wins all those competitions, not to mention the fastest twin turbo B5 Audi's are all Garret Tuned.
To me, as a mechanical moron, the flash is the best option. I have gotten used to the process needed to put in and take out a piggy, but my dad has a flash on his M coupe, and just laughs at me as I am trying to avoid breaking something.

Can't wait to see the results.
__________________
Current - 2014 F22 M235 - MT, CWP, Premium, Aluminum Hex/Black Gloss Trim.
Past BMWs: 2011 E82 135 - LBM, N55, DCT
2008 E82 135 - AW, N54, MT
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT, ZSP (traded in for 135)
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT (retired by a drunk driver)
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 02:44 PM   #100
badass335
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
31

 
badass335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i E90 AT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Surrey, BC


Posts: 1,812
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54MPower View Post
I had nothing but great experiences in the past using GIAC and with Andrew on my other cars. I've used other software tuners on VW/Audi's and GIAC has them beat.

The difference in smoothness and power delivery was a night and day difference compared to the others and their hand held cable was a great feature that allowed me to switch between programs. I don't doubt that their offering will be worth the wait.

The fact that it's taken them this long to refine the software says alot about a company that would rather sacrifice sales in the name of producing a superior product.
This sounds like such a broken record. I'm not bashing any tuner but please, give it a rest! Isn't this the same line that was given when Dinan first came out.. OHHHHHHH... Dinan, flash is so much superior... They took longer for a BETTER product....

How about we let this product come out and ACTUALLY prove themselves for a change! Yes, their reputation is good, but so was Dinan's...
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 02:47 PM   #101
badass335
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
31

 
badass335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i E90 AT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Surrey, BC


Posts: 1,812
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreDirtyFive View Post
If you didn't see my earlier post in this thread...

"I've been using GIAC stuff on my cars for almost 10 years! I know Garret well...I heard you can't move your head an inch forward when you mash it on 2nd! Plus, I've heard from a birdie that there will be different switchable programs, like all the other tunes he does...valet, stock, 91/93, race, etc. all from the keyfob! That's a definite advantage over other flashes. But GIAC has been flashing cars straight through the ODB for a long time now...so, I'm sure GIAC dealers will be able to quickly flash, through the port, on site. I'll be testing very very soon"

I heard they just finished up their encryption and it's about ready. Just so most know, they have a 4WD Dyno there that they use to Dyno Tune and, yes, they've dynoed and tested several competitors tunes for comparison and study. They've really put a lot of R&D into this...it's no wonder their Porsche software wins all those competitions, not to mention the fastest twin turbo B5 Audi's are all Garret Tuned.
I would so be on this if in fact, it runs smooth AND i don't have to go into the engine compartment again!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 02:49 PM   #102
Zeph
Major
United_States
16

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT SGM CR/BD
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southeast USA


Posts: 1,410
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Zeph Send a message via Yahoo to Zeph
ya, when I bought my car and even mentioned Dinan people got excited for me. Their reputation was god-like. Now none of the local dealerships even carry Dinan anymore and their stuff is an overpriced joke. Sad that they would let themselves fall that fast, that low.

Sorry, I know that was a bit off-topic. I am VERY interested to see how this GIAC flash turns out. So far the flashes (and the imaginary Shark Edit) just haven't stacked up at all to the major chips. Which is odd since usually chips can't compete with flashes on most cars .
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 03:03 PM   #103
335_i
SpOoLiN
United_States
1

 
335_i's Avatar
 
Drives: 07' e90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas


Posts: 81
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54MPower View Post
I had nothing but great experiences in the past using GIAC and with Andrew on my other cars. I've used other software tuners on VW/Audi's and GIAC has them beat.

The difference in smoothness and power delivery was a night and day difference compared to the others and their hand held cable was a great feature that allowed me to switch between programs. I don't doubt that their offering will be worth the wait.

The fact that it's taken them this long to refine the software says alot about a company that would rather sacrifice sales in the name of producing a superior product.
dido...GIAC is a godly tune on vw/audis I know they will not fall short on our cars

Last edited by 335_i; 07-01-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 03:22 PM   #104
scalbert
Major General
78

 
scalbert's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E90 M3, '13 Volt, '08 Ody
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Woodstock, GA


Posts: 5,710
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreDirtyFive View Post
not to mention the fastest twin turbo B5 Audi's are all Garret Tuned.
I suspect the likes of ASP, VAST and others may disagree.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 03:48 PM   #105
shifterboy45
Major
14

 
shifterboy45's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North by Northwest


Posts: 1,180
iTrader: (0)

hmmmmm..

not being impatient, but we were supposed to get some word on this yesterday, sometime.... they still sorting stuff out ? i keep hearing godlike remarks about these guys .. we gonna wait for 40 days and 40 nights ?

just kidding
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 04:38 PM   #106
N54MPower
Private
United_States
0

 
Drives: Fast Cars
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Global


Posts: 70
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badass335 View Post
This sounds like such a broken record. I'm not bashing any tuner but please, give it a rest! Isn't this the same line that was given when Dinan first came out.. OHHHHHHH... Dinan, flash is so much superior... They took longer for a BETTER product....

How about we let this product come out and ACTUALLY prove themselves for a change! Yes, their reputation is good, but so was Dinan's...
Here's the difference between Dinan and GIAC, Dinan is not a software specialist GIAC is. That's all they do, they're not trying to sell exhausts, or intercoolers etc.

I speak about things that I know about not internet heresay, they did take their time to offer a better product. I know some amogst us may find that hard to believe but there are stilll companies that do that.

Any car that I've driven with their software whether it was a Porsche, VW or Audi has always been flawless. It's one of the resaons that Nik at VF uses their software for their S/C kits along with others.

Porsche guys are some of the most demanding consumers and GIAC is used by a lot of those guys including GMG Racing. Believe what you will. I do agree that there a people who hype products unnecessarily, in this instance I think it's well deserved.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 04:48 PM   #107
Sniz
Lieutenant General
184

 
Sniz's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ellicott City, MD


Posts: 10,569
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54MPower View Post
Here's the difference between Dinan and GIAC, Dinan is not a software specialist GIAC is. That's all they do, they're not trying to sell exhausts, or intercoolers etc.

I speak about things that I know about not internet heresay, they did take their time to offer a better product. I know some amogst us may find that hard to believe but there are stilll companies that do that.

Any car that I've driven with their software whether it was a Porsche, VW or Audi has always been flawless. It's one of the resaons that Nik at VF uses their software for their S/C kits along with others.

Porsche guys are some of the most demanding consumers and GIAC is used by a lot of those guys including GMG Racing. Believe what you will. I do agree that there a people who hype products unnecessarily, in this instance I think it's well deserved.
yup!

expecting great things, I hope they deliver like they have before .

speaking of GMG racing...that shop is amazing, almost had a S/C M3 inspected by the owner (Fabrice) over there before I purchased but the sale fell thru. He was excited it seemed....really liked the specs on it.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 05:16 PM   #108
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
34

 
lawdude's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i ZPP ZSP TiAg MT
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia


Posts: 2,259
iTrader: (1)

Almost on the verge of talking this thing to death. How long before we have a little substance.
__________________
What do I know? I'm insane.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 05:23 PM   #109
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
27

 
RambleJ's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 535i M-sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Back in teh so cal


Posts: 2,013
iTrader: (2)

Were the "more" updates coming today or tonight? I could have sworn i heard today....
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 05:33 PM   #110
Nick@aep
Team Zissou
United_States
40

 
Drives: Past: E92 335i 6mt, 996 GT2
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Orange County, CA


Posts: 1,424
iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to Nick@aep
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335_i View Post
dido...GIAC is a godly tune on vw/audis I know they will not fall short on our cars
You are correct, sir. There will be lots of info coming soon. Please be patient guys. My 335 is at GIAC right now and they are testing some things out. I will be sure to update this thread ASAP when I have information I'm allowed to release.

Also, as a note since I've been absent from this thread for a bit... please keep the tune bashing and OT discussion to a minimum. To make it easier to sort through, I'll be editing the original post with any relevant info as we progress so that there isnt 12 pages wondering whats new after I post it this page or any subsequent page.

Stay tuned! Info coming soon.
__________________
Formerly Known As: Nick@AEPerformance

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST