E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E92 Facelift ??



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-30-2009, 01:55 AM   #1
scooba0010
Colonel
 
scooba0010's Avatar
 
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 2,194
iTrader: (1)

E92 Facelift ??

Who knows what and when its happening ?? I was told by a dealer on Sunday it is this Autumn

will there be new engines / gearbox options or just slight tweaks to the Body work

I am considering buying a new e92 but would want the new one or a big saving on the old version ,I have taken what i think is a bashing on my e90 and one reason quoted is its been facelifted and now there are massive discounts even on the facelifted versions.

Damage limitation as stealers always have some excuse to knock your current car
scooba0010 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2009, 07:46 AM   #2
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
I heard it was next year.

335d already now has 306bhp.
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2009, 08:43 AM   #3
scooba0010
Colonel
 
scooba0010's Avatar
 
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 2,194
iTrader: (1)

seams

dealers said end of autumn nov /dec ??
scooba0010 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2009, 09:06 AM   #4
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooba0010 View Post
dealers said end of autumn nov /dec ??
Dealers generally dont know their arseholes from their elbows mate.

But it could be this autumn, Not what i heard.. I may have heard wrong.
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2009, 09:14 AM   #5
Irnbrukid
Major
 
Drives: RepMobile
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Scotland

Posts: 1,334
iTrader: (0)

If its this year it will happen at the factory holiday/changeover whic is August i think so the cars wouldnt be here till end of October start November, was it not this time last year the e90/91 got the LCI treatment.
Irnbrukid is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2009, 09:14 AM   #6
kuvesh
Lieutenant
 
kuvesh's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i juiced
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: singapore

Posts: 513
iTrader: (1)

strange that dealer would say facelift later this year... would effect customers decision to place an order but maybe he's just a bad sales guy
__________________

HAMANN FRONT APRON, SIDES, ROOF SPOILER & QUAD DIFFUSER | VORSTEINER VRS TRUNK | CSC3 ON 19 ADVAN RS | BREMBO GT BBK | BASTUCK QUAD | KW V2 | JB3 v1.3s beta | BMW PERFORMANCE STEERING WHEEL | M3 SIDE MIRRORS | M5 SMG SHIFT KNOB | BLACKOUT GRILLS | PARTIALLY SMOKED LIGHTS | WINDOW TINT
kuvesh is offline   Singapore
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2009, 09:16 AM   #7
SiKkBaSs
325i'in it
 
SiKkBaSs's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kent

Posts: 4,404
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuvesh View Post
strange that dealer would say facelift later this year... would effect customers decision to place an order but maybe he's just a bad sales guy
Thought this too.
__________________
SiKkBaSs is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2009, 09:17 AM   #8
Irnbrukid
Major
 
Drives: RepMobile
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Scotland

Posts: 1,334
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
I heard it was next year.

335d already now has 306bhp.
The 335d isnt 306bhp the 740d has 306bhp...

Doesnt the new engine have an all aluminum block.

But hopefully it will filter down the models.
Irnbrukid is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2009, 09:18 AM   #9
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irnbrukid View Post
The 335d isnt 306bhp the 740d has 306bhp...

Doesnt the new engine have an all aluminum block.

But hopefully it will filter down the models.
Mate i dont know, Just going off what ive read on here.. Apparently it now has 306bhp.
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2009, 11:50 AM   #10
Irnbrukid
Major
 
Drives: RepMobile
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Scotland

Posts: 1,334
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Mate i dont know, Just going off what ive read on here.. Apparently it now has 306bhp.
It will probably end up in the 3 series but isnt in it already.

There is 'talk' of a triple turbo with 360bhp that is to go in the new 7 & 5
Irnbrukid is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2009, 12:16 PM   #11
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irnbrukid View Post
It will probably end up in the 3 series but isnt in it already.

There is 'talk' of a triple turbo with 360bhp that is to go in the new 7 & 5
Denzil...
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2009, 12:41 PM   #12
illingworth22
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 320d M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dublin

Posts: 249
iTrader: (0)

I got told only minor cosmetic changes to the e92 looks wise....
illingworth22 is offline   Ireland
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2009, 01:33 PM   #13
willhollin
Major General
 
willhollin's Avatar
 
Drives: VW T5
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Worcestershire

Posts: 9,907
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
The new facelift is going to have rocket boosters, a jacuzzi in the boot and beaded seat covers as standard according to my dealer.
__________________
willhollin is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2009, 01:36 PM   #14
PeteJ
Diesel Head
 
PeteJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 320d M Sport Convertible E93
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Edinburgh

Posts: 550
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
The new facelift is going to have rocket boosters, a jacuzzi in the boot and beaded seat covers as standard according to my dealer.
Where is the order form??
PeteJ is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      07-01-2009, 05:40 AM   #15
Mr.N
BM Baby
 
Mr.N's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335d
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: North West

Posts: 404
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
The new facelift is going to have rocket boosters, a jacuzzi in the boot and beaded seat covers as standard according to my dealer.
bastard, I knew I should have waited for the facelift to come out before I spent all that money on seat beads.
Mr.N is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      07-01-2009, 01:49 PM   #16
mjh93sa
Major General
 
mjh93sa's Avatar
 
Drives: M135i
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Gloucestershire

Posts: 5,078
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Production schedules at BMW mean that the new models and facelifts are usually Spetember build and so late september for launch (22/9 for E92). March is then the build change date for minor tweaks like engines and software.

Given the launch was '06 it's a possibility for the autumn, but no pics with dumbo mirrors yet make it seem less likely.
__________________

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman
Now: M135i with lots of toys
mjh93sa is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      07-02-2009, 12:19 AM   #17
scooba0010
Colonel
 
scooba0010's Avatar
 
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 2,194
iTrader: (1)

I dont know what to belive

I had a call yesterday form my dealer (ex) who agreed the offer for my PX was very mean ,but said his hands was tied as the used car manager at dealer now prices the px ??.The guy concerned has worked for the BMW dealer for more than 20 yrsso he has seen just about every trading situation.I find it hard to belive he has no influence or movement ,It was strange on Sunday he offered me 18k but let slip when the guy advised on the value he was looking at the guide over his shoulder and it showed 18.5,so they shaved 500 off book for a what was described to me on Tuesday a very saleable 2007 but 2008 spec car with 6000miles mint car and booked at 19500 and we would be prepaired to move if you are serious sir ,Thankyou mr Barry kelly @ Knights BMW ! .This was after my local said it was 18k and if i ordered new form Factory prob take a month to 6wks to arrive would then be 17.5

TRY KNIGHTS BMW STAFFORD VERY SENSIBLE PX PRICES

He mentioned there sales director was at BMW yesterday to get all the latest info on the new sales pricing ,any offers ,etc.He was of the opinion that the current e92 would almost certainly be updated this autumn and as MJH stated it could be as early as oct 09.He draws this conclusion due to the highline offer and big discounts on any e92 sitting in stock BMW uk are pushing dealers to clear them with very big incentives.

He said he will keep me up to date with any info as he receives it
scooba0010 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      07-02-2009, 06:28 AM   #18
Irnbrukid
Major
 
Drives: RepMobile
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Scotland

Posts: 1,334
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooba0010 View Post
I had a call yesterday form my dealer (ex) who agreed the offer for my PX was very mean ,but said his hands was tied as the used car manager at dealer now prices the px ??.The guy concerned has worked for the BMW dealer for more than 20 yrsso he has seen just about every trading situation.I find it hard to belive he has no influence or movement ,It was strange on Sunday he offered me 18k but let slip when the guy advised on the value he was looking at the guide over his shoulder and it showed 18.5,so they shaved 500 off book for a what was described to me on Tuesday a very saleable 2007 but 2008 spec car with 6000miles mint car and booked at 19500 and we would be prepaired to move if you are serious sir ,Thankyou mr Barry kelly @ Knights BMW ! .This was after my local said it was 18k and if i ordered new form Factory prob take a month to 6wks to arrive would then be 17.5

TRY KNIGHTS BMW STAFFORD VERY SENSIBLE PX PRICES

He mentioned there sales director was at BMW yesterday to get all the latest info on the new sales pricing ,any offers ,etc.He was of the opinion that the current e92 would almost certainly be updated this autumn and as MJH stated it could be as early as oct 09.He draws this conclusion due to the highline offer and big discounts on any e92 sitting in stock BMW uk are pushing dealers to clear them with very big incentives.

He said he will keep me up to date with any info as he receives it
I think you will find if your read up top i was first to say when the changes are, and since there was facelift pics floating around since the start of the year it is very probable. But as you say they will want to shift current stock first and dealers arent always forthcoming with info on new cars as its not in there best interests.

How did it go with that car you were looking at, did you make a cheeky offer or are looking at waiting to see the new facelift.

The salesmen dont price the trade-in the used car sales manager has the final say so there is not much they can do as the guy says his hands are tied.
Irnbrukid is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      07-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #19
Neil McRae
BMW Motorsport
 
Neil McRae's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW ///M3 E92 / BMW ///M5 F10
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London

Posts: 1,926
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2012 BMW M5  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3 Coupe  [5.00]
Send a message via MSN to Neil McRae
Yearly revisions happen week 34,

LCI usually happen week 34 or week 10 not always at September.

my understanding is no e92 LCI until march, this is inline with the fact that they launched M3 Edition model.
__________________
--
Neil J. //McRae -- Alive and Kicking -- neil at DOMINO.ORG --///M ARMY
M5 DCT CP Alpine White -- M135i Alpine White -- M4 DCT Alpine White
Neil McRae is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST