E90Post

Motormavericks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > BMW September model changes announced today

07-02-2009, 06:30 AM   #1
Darren Edwards @ Sytner
United Kingdom

Drives: BMW 520D Edition Sport

BMW September model changes announced today

Hi Guys

Just thought I would let you know that BMW have released details of the September model actions today.

Have not had a full read through yet but if anyone is looking to change soon call your dealer and they should be able to let you know of the changes.

Darren
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 09:25 AM   #2
SiKkBaSs
GTR'in it
United Kingdom

Drives: Nissan GTR Black Edition

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Is this an across the board change or just an E92 change?

Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 10:35 AM   #3
trixman
Major
United Kingdom

Drives: A Rental

Garage List
2007 BMW E92 335d  [0.00]
2003 M3 CSL  [0.00]
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Yay, even more depreciation!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 04:43 PM   #4
Ant Man
Major
England

Drives: E92 M3 Jerez black / Fox red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Edwards @ Sytner View Post
Hi Guys

Just thought I would let you know that BMW have released details of the September model actions today.

Have not had a full read through yet but if anyone is looking to change soon call your dealer and they should be able to let you know of the changes.

Darren
Darren, I kept thinking that I knew your name from somewhere and now I know why. Back in Mar 2005 when you were still at Cheapside in the City, I took deliver of my E46 330ci. I ordered it in December when I got a cracking deal off one of most friendliest salesman I've ever met. Jonathan 'Waggy' Wagstaff. You approved the price and we all had a laugh talking about tuning it and what AC Schnitzer bits I could buy Prior to this I had been to two other local BM dealers, where the salesman were complete idiots.

I still have the car. Shame that Waggy moved on shortly after you moved to Canary Wharf.

On a different note and given your position, pls can you convince BMW Germany to offer non 'M' cars with a proper LSD. Birds is making a fortune and that money could be going to you. Additionally, not including the individual range (as no experience). Why do BMW not use better speakers and cabling? Compared to the engineering that goes into the cars, these parts are decidedly second rate.

Anyway, great to see you have joined the forum and maybe I'll buy another car from you next year. if you can give me a good deal
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 04:56 PM   #5
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England

Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightweight View Post
Is this an across the board change or just an E92 change?

Just E92 - the E90 Lci came out last year. Be surprised though if the E92 'facelift' will even contain as many improvements as the E90 Lci did? There were so many leaked pics of test cars and BMW press teaser pics etc and I have seen none of the 'new' E92

It will prob just gain the few chrome trinkets that the E90 gained inside (round the heater knobs etc) and possibly the paint/wheel combo's might tie up between the E90 and E92 to help save costs?

They will also then remove some features like glovebox torch, cooled cup holder in armrest, etc as my E90 Lci M3 ain't got any of those bits any more

Already rumours of upgraded engines knocking about.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 05:06 PM   #6
Darren Edwards @ Sytner
United Kingdom

Ant Man - Gosh that was a few years ago now!

I loved Cheapside and was gutted when we had to close it - the rent became too prohibitive and Canary Wharf worked out far better value, and is now very successful with a superb team working there headed up by Louise Hill who used to arrange all the deliveries from Stratford to Cheapside.

Waggy - what a character and a lovely guy - Never sold a car in his life when we took him on- just seemed such a genuine guy; ISTR that he moved to Fairfied BMW near his home town, but I lost touch with him after he moved on.

Re LSD and HiFi. Know what you mean, but unlikely that AG will change thier engineering policy. Will mention next time I meet the Exec board though.

Let me know when you are in the market and I will work something out for you.

Back OT - The changes announced today are on all models but seem slight from first glance.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 05:23 PM   #7
ALUFELGEN
United_States

Drives: E92 M3

Send a message via AIM to ALUFELGEN Send a message via MSN to ALUFELGEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Edwards @ Sytner View Post

Back OT - The changes announced today are on all models but seem slight from first glance.
Just post them
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 02:24 PM   #8
Penyfan1960
Trooper
United Kingdom

Drives: 320D M-Sport Le Mans Blue

This might not be related but the BMW UK website has announced 'Edition' models for Sept delivery.
e.g. for the 318i/d, 320i/d M Sport Business Edition for 1000 extra you get FOC:-
a) Dakota leather upholstery
b) Nav BMW Business
c) Bluetooth + telematics
d) Drive Assist
e) Drive online
f) 193M Wheels 18"
For an extra 395 you can get Professional Sat Nat

Sounds like a good buy! I recently placed an order for an E90 covering the above except for the wheels and the above Edition would have saved me about 1300 and I would have got free 18" wheels! So I am none to pleased
As my E90 is due for delivery Sept does anybody know where I stand - can I claim a refund? Would appreciate your advice!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 02:31 PM   #9
Neil McRae
BMW Motorsport
United Kingdom

Drives: BMW ///M3 E92 / BMW ///M5 F10

Garage List
2012 BMW M5  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3 Coupe  [5.00]
Send a message via MSN to Neil McRae
check the reverse of your contract, doubt you have a leg to stand on but worth have a go at the dealer and giving BMW a call.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 05:36 PM   #10
q_jonblaze
Captain

Drives: e93

darren .....and what happened to the stratford branch......knew a couple of the guys working there and they were always soo helpful..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 05:59 PM   #11
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland

Drives: 320d SE Coupe

Garage List
If the car is not due until September, that means it hasn't been built yet, or even entered into the factory waiting list. Get onto your dealer and tell them you want the beneits of this new edition or you are cancelling.
      07-08-2009, 02:17 AM   #12
Neil McRae
BMW Motorsport
United Kingdom

Drives: BMW ///M3 E92 / BMW ///M5 F10

Garage List
2012 BMW M5  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3 Coupe  [5.00]
Send a message via MSN to Neil McRae
Of course query it with the dealer but chances are if you have to cancel you will lose any deposit. Just check the T&C's on the order. Where is this detail on the BMW website btw?

Neil.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 03:02 AM   #13
mjh93sa
Major General
England

Drives: M135i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanQS View Post
If the car is not due until September, that means it hasn't been built yet, or even entered into the factory waiting list...
Not necessarily true. If a slot was available it may have been allocated already. Both of my September delivered cars were ordered at the start of July and were also buit in July.

Unfortunately the BMW build changes (Septemeber / March) are just the wrong times for anyone wanting the new plate on the day it comes out.

The BMW website won't update until much closer to September. They don't want to put people off ordering new cars after all.

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman
Now: M135i with lots of toys
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 03:39 AM   #14
Penyfan1960
Trooper
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penyfan1960 View Post
This might not be related but the BMW UK website has announced 'Edition' models for Sept delivery.
e.g. for the 318i/d, 320i/d M Sport Business Edition for 1000 extra you get FOC:-
b) Nav BMW Business
d) Drive Assist
e) Drive online
f) 193M Wheels 18"

Sounds like a good buy! I recently placed an order for an E90 covering the above except for the wheels and the above Edition would have saved me about 1300 and I would have got free 18" wheels! So I am none to pleased
As my E90 is due for delivery Sept does anybody know where I stand - can I claim a refund? Would appreciate your advice!
The details of this new Edition are on the BMW UK website: www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/pricesandspecifications/

Before approaching the dealer am awaiting a response to my email to BMW UK querying the situation.
Have checked the T & C's but its not too clear, of course!
Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 06:19 AM   #15
mjh93sa
Major General
England

Drives: M135i

Garage List
Might be best to talk to the dealer quickly, if they haven't processed the order through their internal systems they might be more easily persuaded.

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman
Now: M135i with lots of toys
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 02:53 PM   #16
Darren Edwards @ Sytner
United Kingdom

Been out of the UK for a few days!

I would be surprised if the dealer would not let you change to the updated model if the one you ordered has not been built yet- ask him what "order event" status it is at - if it is still at 1100 or 1200 that means it has not hit the production line yet- if it is at 5000 or above then it is in build and you will have to do a bit of pleading! Best of luck.

q_jon

We sold Stratford to Mercedes Benz Aftersales when the Olympics was still a bit of an unknown quantity- who did you deal with? a few transferred...
to our other sites...
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 03:38 PM   #17
Penyfan1960
Trooper
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penyfan1960 View Post
b) Nav BMW Business
d) Drive Assist
e) Drive online
f) 193M Wheels 18"

Had a word with the dealer who said, although ordered 3 weeks ago my order is now 'locked for production'. Had a word with BMW UK who were sympathetic and advised I should pursue the dealer. Went back to the dealer who advised that if ordered now a 'Business Edition' could be delivered in Sept, but if I wanted any extras like Lumbar Support or Proff Sat Nat etc etc, delivery would be Oct and I would lose the BMW element of the discount which was based on a Sept delivery only. Meaning that I would be just 300 or so in hand and an 18" set of wheels, for an Oct delivery. Can't wait that long, so 17" wheels will have to do! It was worth a try and thanks Darren for the tip! When dealing with the motor trade you live and learn! Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 04:05 PM   #18
stupot
Second Lieutenant

Drives: X5 d

Does anyone know exactly what they are changing for the new model year?

I have asked my dealer and they didn't seem to know.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 04:11 PM   #19
Darren Edwards @ Sytner
United Kingdom

Pennyfan- YHM

stupot- if you call Laurence at Sytner Harold Wood he is up to speed on all the changes 01708371234
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 04:22 PM   #20
stupot
Second Lieutenant

Drives: X5 d

Hi Darren,

Thanks for your advice, but wouldn't want to chuff the poor salesman and waste his time, a change isn't imminent. Only mentioned it to my local dealer because I was in for something else. Was just curious what nice things I am missing out on.

Sounds like it’s a bit of a secret?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 04:30 PM   #21
Darren Edwards @ Sytner
United Kingdom

no secret to be fair...

...however, we all have plenty of stock of the current models ( and have some very attractive offers from BMW UK to help us to find them new homes) so I could see how some Sales Execs may not have had the info cascaded down to them yet...
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2009, 05:52 PM   #22
lee888
Enlisted Member

Drives: x5

Sorry abit of topic but I've been following this forum for a while now with great interest.

I don't own a BMW right now due to my experience with my local dealers when I was in the market for a new car.

I've got to give credit to Darren Edwards for his inclusion on this forum and the help he has given to sort out the problem for a fellow member.

Shame that not all dealers have the right attitude and the right people running them!

Darren Edwards.....top man!!!
Appreciate 0