E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > CCC to CIC - No Sound (HELP)

01-24-2015, 02:53 PM   #1
SGM330
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6spd

CCC to CIC - No Sound (HELP)

Hello,

Im doing CCC to CIC retrofit to my car, everything is in with Bimmer-Tech PNP harness to activate navigation, DVD in motion and voice command. I transferred MOST connecter from OEM harness to the PNP harness potion that plugs into the CIC directly.

Navigation is working but when I put in a DVD in it doesn't play, and I have absolutely no sound, no gongs, no chimes, no radio, no cd.. Nada. Also bluetooth isnt showing up anymore.

The guy coding is having a hard time...... Im wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

If anyone knows what features to add to get everything working, please chime in. VO was changed to #0909 I believe but still not working.

Thank you!!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 04:17 PM   #2
djkevinnn
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGM330 View Post
Hello,

Im doing CCC to CIC retrofit to my car, everything is in with Bimmer-Tech PNP harness to activate navigation, DVD in motion and voice command. I transferred MOST connecter from OEM harness to the PNP harness potion that plugs into the CIC directly.

Navigation is working but when I put in a DVD in it doesn't play, and I have absolutely no sound, no gongs, no chimes, no radio, no cd.. Nada. Also bluetooth isnt showing up anymore.

The guy coding is having a hard time...... Im wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

If anyone knows what features to add to get everything working, please chime in. VO was changed to #0909 I believe but still not working.

Thank you!!
i had this problem before. I believe the Logic 7 amp needs to be updated. Then it should be working. glachhman does this sound right?

JB N54 on Terra /// JB4 w. Pump Back End Flash /// VRSF DPs /// Helix FMIC /// AA CP/BOV /// KW v1 /// CDV Delete /// Clutch Stopper /// Blacklines /// Logic 7 Delete /// CIC Retrofit in a non i-Drive car w. Combox Media & Backup Camera
PM me for Coding in the NYC Tri-State Area
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 04:34 PM   #3
glachhman
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 335i e90

update amp
      01-24-2015, 05:33 PM   #4
SGM330
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by glachhman View Post
update amp
Software update correct? What about the Bluetooth? Will that show up in my CIC menu after amp update too?

Last edited by SGM330; 01-24-2015 at 05:43 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 09:51 AM   #5
Dracon
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 330i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGM330
Quote:
Originally Posted by glachhman View Post
update amp
Software update correct? What about the Bluetooth? Will that show up in my CIC menu after amp update too?
Yes, software update. That's why it's recommended you have a full software update to all modules in the vehicle before beginning the retrofit.

As far as Bluetooth, as long as you have the modules installed and the head unit is coded for it, it should show up in the interface.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 03:45 PM   #6
SGM330
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracon View Post
Yes, software update. That's why it's recommended you have a full software update to all modules in the vehicle before beginning the retrofit.

As far as Bluetooth, as long as you have the modules installed and the head unit is coded for it, it should show up in the interface.
Ah, I've been reading up on this retrofit for a little while and didn't see that. I also bought the retrofit some what impulsively lol. Any other module that can cause this issue?

I'm going to get the module updated tomorrow.. and ill get the system coded later this week. Hopefully I don't run into any other issues.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 06:54 PM   #7
Dracon
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 330i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGM330 View Post
Ah, I've been reading up on this retrofit for a little while and didn't see that. I also bought the retrofit some what impulsively lol. Any other module that can cause this issue?

I'm going to get the module updated tomorrow.. and ill get the system coded later this week. Hopefully I don't run into any other issues.
Yes, you'll want to get every module completely upgraded to it'll work properly with the retrofit. The software on the TCU/MULF (which controls the bluetooth functions) could be incompatible with the CIC and require update, could be issues with other module to module communications, etc. because they don't understand the commands from the CIC.

Ideally, what you'd need to do is this:

1) Reinstall the CCC into the vehicle
2) Have the entire vehicle completely updated with ISTA/P / Autologic / WinKFP (only need to reinstall the CCC if you are using ISTA/P)
3) Then proceed with the retrofit of the CIC into the vehicle

Also, if you're having stuff like the Amp and TCU, etc reprogrammed your coder it going to want an OPS or ICOM A+B setup, with a stable power supply (*NOT* a battery charger) and the appropriate software. If they just have a D+KCAN cable and are trying to update modules that are supposed to be updated via the MOST bus, you're just asking for trouble.
Appreciate 0