E90Post

European Auto Source

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > 2011 cic Idrive continuous freeze and crash

07-28-2016, 11:23 PM   #1
ChefHaze
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

Garage List
2011 335is  [4.33]
2011 cic Idrive continuous freeze and crash

Car is a 2011 335is, earlier this week it started behaving odd.
First odd thing was a tps system failure warning that cleared on restart. That happened a couple times randomly. The next day the system started crashing and rebooting non stop as shown in this video:

I took it to an independent shop, I thought the battery could be dying. It was the original battery and I was getting some battery discharged warnings.
He tested the battery with 3 different tools, all said the battery was 100% healthy, just low charge.
We replaced it anyways with a brand new battery and hard reset the Idrive. No change.

I did a search here in the forum, lots of posts about crashes but not much continuous like this. One post said there was a fault with the Bluetooth in the telemantics unit, that unplugging the unit stopped the problem.
I tried unplugging the entire telemantics unit, no change.

Of course the cars cpo warranty just expired last month...
So next stop is the dealership.
Anyone have any advice?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 04:57 AM   #2
ptpending
Captain
Rep
Drives: e91

may be HDD gone
E91 2006. Retrofits:High beam assistant,Individual Audio,Autodim mirrors,CIC,Combox(USB and Bluetooth),Electric Sport Seats,Light package,Front PDC, Heated Steering Wheel,Happy Robot,Climate Comfort Windscreen,Black Line rear lights.
Appreciate 0