E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Car doesnt like the heat...?

07-10-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
doubled24
Private First Class

Drives: 07 e92

Car doesnt like the heat...?

Wondering if anyone has had similar issues, I was running my car really hard the other day and then all the sudden when i would be WOT the car would studder and lose power ... it was pretty damn noticeable and made me worry a bit. Ambient air temps were around 105 F.

I'm wondering if i should buy a BT tool to see if any codes were thrown, as I doubt that unless I had absolute proof of engine malfunction that the local dealership would give me the time of day to investigate the problem. Everytime ive taken it in for something like that they will just say cant reproduce and give it back to me.

Any input appreciated
      07-10-2009, 12:20 PM   #2
Metal*07*328i*Head
Banned

Drives: SG, Step, 18" 123's, BMS, ect.

where I live it gets HOT, easily 110 in the summer and my car HATES the heat. You ca feel how bad its suffocating, and if you have an intake in it that is open (injen, fujita, afe) something like that, it is even worse. I put the stock box in with the filter delete and an extra pipe (like a dinan) and it is much better on my ride and doesnt choke it in the heat.
Metal*07*328i*Head is offline   United_States
      07-10-2009, 01:03 PM   #3
doubled24
Private First Class

Drives: 07 e92

I'm stock as far as engine is concerned...

Also, it is clear that between like 80F and 100F this car loses like 20hp to the wheels, if not more, but this isn't the issue im worried bout. What i'm talkin bout almost feels like the car fell out of gear, complete loss of acceleration...

Think im gonna order a BT tool hope for codes that i can present to my SA
      07-10-2009, 01:08 PM   #4
Metal*07*328i*Head
Banned

Drives: SG, Step, 18" 123's, BMS, ect.

Oh... I haven't experienced that, but if your stock, take it to the dealer and tell them to check it out. at least they will wash your car for you while its there
Metal*07*328i*Head is offline   United_States