E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > How much should I expect for my 330i?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-27-2006, 10:31 PM   #1
agarbati
Second Lieutenant
agarbati's Avatar
9
Rep
279
Posts

 
Drives: E90, Saph Blk 330i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Minneapolis

iTrader: (0)

How much should I expect for my 330i?

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None
Item Interest
I am thinking of getting rid of my 330 in preparation for a possible upgrade to 335. I have 16000 miles on it and it's 14 months old.

I paid MSRP for it back then. ZPP, ZCW, Navigation.

How much should I expect for it?

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2006, 12:54 AM   #2
Pretender
Colonel
Pretender's Avatar
33
Rep
2,292
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 328i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
06 330i  [0.00]
$35K...
__________________
It's a great time to be alive
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2006, 09:14 PM   #3
agarbati
Second Lieutenant
agarbati's Avatar
9
Rep
279
Posts

 
Drives: E90, Saph Blk 330i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Minneapolis

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretender
$35K...
Wow...I didn't know BMW's took such a big hit off the showroom.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2006, 05:31 AM   #4
RGRAY
Captain
United_States
14
Rep
872
Posts

 
Drives: 330xi SG/TERRA/STEP/SP/HS/CA
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by agarbati
I am thinking of getting rid of my 330 in preparation for a possible upgrade to 335. I have 16000 miles on it and it's 14 months old.

I paid MSRP for it back then. ZPP, ZCW, Navigation.

How much should I expect for it?

Well you shouldn't have paid msrp and it was made before the September changes.

A lot of people paid between $500 and $1,000 over dealer invoice.

So if you could get it for about $3,500 under msrp and consider another $5,000 lose, that would be about $8,500 under msrp.

Just my opinion.
__________________
330xi/Sparkling Graphite/Terra/Walnut Burl/Steptronic/Sports Package/Heated Seats/Comfort Access...(blacklines, tint and a black grill).

http://www.e90post.com/forums/e90gar...20TINT%20A.jpg

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2006, 06:14 AM   #5
bavarian19
General
bavarian19's Avatar
United_States
235
Rep
18,815
Posts

 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA

iTrader: (23)

blue book it
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2006, 07:28 AM   #6
dr335is
Brigadier General
54
Rep
4,975
Posts

 
Drives: Some Mazda junk...
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRAY
Well you shouldn't have paid msrp and it was made before the September changes.

A lot of people paid between $500 and $1,000 over dealer invoice.

So if you could get it for about $3,500 under msrp and consider another $5,000 lose, that would be about $8,500 under msrp.

Just my opinion.
So, what are the big changes that came in September of 2005? Anything that really matters except the sport wheel with the sport package has those two bumps sticking out?
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2006, 08:59 AM   #7
dkizerian
Digital Ruler
1
Rep
166
Posts

 
Drives: 325i AW/Terra
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Riverton Utah

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by agarbati
Wow...I didn't know BMW's took such a big hit off the showroom.
The biggest depreciation any vehicle takes is the second you drive it off the lot.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2006, 09:32 AM   #8
ase2dais
//Mdicted
ase2dais's Avatar
United_States
127
Rep
9,875
Posts

 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

iTrader: (17)

Garage List
I dont know where most folks get this "take 5K hit from your paid price" and that would be your 06 e90 selling price. I cant find it a good reasoning, bcoz...If I take 5k off my paid-out-the-door price of $33k on my 2006 e90 325 basic car w/ just AT, it gives me a $28k suggested current e90 selling price. (Im not even putting in the picture, moneys put it on tires, wheels, spoilers, blklines, sway bars, pipes, etc)

How can that be? .... for the KBB Private Party value of a 2005 e46 325i w/ same option and comparable mileage is $28k. Why would I sell my 06 for the 05 e46 325i price?

I think, the 06 325i/330i will have a better resell price advantage becoz of its a newer body style, and will hold its fair value for the next 5-6 yrs.

People who likes to be in a e90 new body style (328i/335i) but doesnt want to pay that 328/335 price will consider 06 resale, but there will only be a few good choices to pick from, since its was only produced for a year.

I'd say maybe $2-3k hit for a good equipped and color combo car is my guess. Plus a great selling skills of crse
... thats my .02 cents
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2006, 09:38 AM   #9
dr335is
Brigadier General
54
Rep
4,975
Posts

 
Drives: Some Mazda junk...
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ase2dais
I dont know where most folks get this "take 5K hit from your paid price" and that would be your 06 e90 selling price. I cant find it a good reasoning, bcoz...If I take 5k off my paid-out-the-door price of $33k on my 2006 e90 325 basic car w/ just AT, it gives me a $28k suggested current e90 selling price. (Im not even putting in the picture, moneys put it on tires, wheels, spoilers, blklines, sway bars, pipes, etc)

How can that be? .... for the KBB Private Party value of a 2005 e46 325i w/ same option and comparable mileage is $28k. Why would I sell my 06 for the 05 e46 325i price?

I think, the 06 325i/330i will have a better resell price advantage becoz of its a newer body style, and will hold its fair value for the next 5-6 yrs.

People who likes to be in a e90 new body style (328i/335i) but doesnt want to pay that 328/335 price will consider 06 resale, but there will only be a few good choices to pick from, since its was only produced for a year.

I'd say maybe $2-3k hit for a good equipped and color combo car is my guess. Plus a great selling skills of crse
... thats my .02 cents
I agree with you -- those numbers are NOT correct.
A friend of mine had a 325i, only SP option, paid $32.5k for it, and just traded it in for the 350Z and got $29.5k for it, 9k miles, no mods, got the 350Z for 200 below the invoice!

Also, what is that crap about "because it is a pre-September build"??? What is so great about post-September cars???
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2006, 11:11 AM   #10
18LLC
Major General
67
Rep
5,095
Posts

 
Drives: e89
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ase2dais
I dont know where most folks get this "take 5K hit from your paid price" and that would be your 06 e90 selling price.
From my dealer. my car is after sep. build. i was trying to order 335, and she told me i will loss $5k from the price i pay for my 325. but most of them i loss is the taxes and license fee. tax here is 8.75%, btw. so for me, sales tax is $3230 already. i only loss around $1.5k
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2006, 11:28 AM   #11
ase2dais
//Mdicted
ase2dais's Avatar
United_States
127
Rep
9,875
Posts

 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

iTrader: (17)

Garage List
yup makes sense, the dealer also wanted to give me 5k less than what i paid for. But I believe the most folks would rather sell cars themselves, for it would be much better than a dealer offered trade in price.

but the other advantage of trade-ins is the tax savings you can save from just paying the new car price difference from the trade-in price. may not be a whole lot, but savings still money in ones pocket
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2006, 02:17 PM   #12
RGRAY
Captain
United_States
14
Rep
872
Posts

 
Drives: 330xi SG/TERRA/STEP/SP/HS/CA
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18LLC
From my dealer. my car is after sep. build. i was trying to order 335, and she told me i will loss $5k from the price i pay for my 325...
Quote:
yup makes sense, the dealer also wanted to give me 5k less than what i paid for.
You guys that think you are only going to lose a few grand are dreaming.

Wishful thinking.

It's always better to think low and hopefully be surprised.
__________________
330xi/Sparkling Graphite/Terra/Walnut Burl/Steptronic/Sports Package/Heated Seats/Comfort Access...(blacklines, tint and a black grill).

http://www.e90post.com/forums/e90gar...20TINT%20A.jpg

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2006, 03:17 PM   #13
18LLC
Major General
67
Rep
5,095
Posts

 
Drives: e89
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRAY
You guys that think you are only going to lose a few grand are dreaming.

Wishful thinking.

It's always better to think low and hopefully be surprised.
not thinking, it's the trade in price they gave me last week. cuz they trying sell me the 335. of course, the difference is not include yet.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2006, 03:21 PM   #14
RGRAY
Captain
United_States
14
Rep
872
Posts

 
Drives: 330xi SG/TERRA/STEP/SP/HS/CA
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18LLC
not thinking, it's the trade in price they gave me last week. cuz they trying sell me the 335. of course, the difference is not include yet.
And were they going to discount the 335i?
__________________
330xi/Sparkling Graphite/Terra/Walnut Burl/Steptronic/Sports Package/Heated Seats/Comfort Access...(blacklines, tint and a black grill).

http://www.e90post.com/forums/e90gar...20TINT%20A.jpg

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2006, 04:33 PM   #15
SC 330i
Darth Tator
SC 330i's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
20
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ase2dais
but the other advantage of trade-ins is the tax savings you can save from just paying the new car price difference from the trade-in price. may not be a whole lot, but savings still money in ones pocket

we don't have this law in california. i think it sucks
__________________
2006 SG 330i - Premium/Sport/Navi/Comfort/Step
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2006, 06:17 PM   #16
ase2dais
//Mdicted
ase2dais's Avatar
United_States
127
Rep
9,875
Posts

 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

iTrader: (17)

Garage List
maybe its time for consumers to just say "no way" to the dealerships finance mgr during the financing negotiations.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST