E90Post
 


E92 Lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Getting Dinan LSD on Friday 06/05/09



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-03-2009, 12:57 PM   #1
335iBaller
Second Lieutenant
10
Rep
200
Posts

 
Drives: 335i!! twin turbo
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: san francisco

iTrader: (0)

Getting Dinan LSD on Friday 06/05/09

Hi i will be installing Dinan LSD this Friday and will provide feedback of the results this has on my 335i auto sport sedan.

I already have:
stg 3 software
Dinan inter-cooler
Dinan oil cooler
Dinan Exhaust
Dinan Pedal
Dinan LSD : to be installed on 6/05/09

I feel with the power these 335i are now putting out an LSD is a must other wise all this power means nothing.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 01:04 PM   #2
jzchen
Captain
United_States
6
Rep
633
Posts

 
Drives: 335xi Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Arcadia, CA

iTrader: (0)

Wow!!!!!

And thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 01:08 PM   #3
335iBaller
Second Lieutenant
10
Rep
200
Posts

 
Drives: 335i!! twin turbo
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: san francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzchen View Post
Wow!!!!!

And thanks!
Haha now i won't be able to sleep until friday night! ><
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 01:09 PM   #4
CubanJJ09
Banned
United_States
133
Rep
12,692
Posts

 
Drives: like an asshole
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [3.09]
Send a message via AIM to CubanJJ09
wtf i didnt know dinan had a lsd, time to hit the website

oh and congrats i expect a full write up
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 01:09 PM   #5
zsapphire7
Colonel
zsapphire7's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
2,312
Posts

 
Drives: 08 e92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (21)

This is a quaife lsd right?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 01:10 PM   #6
335iBaller
Second Lieutenant
10
Rep
200
Posts

 
Drives: 335i!! twin turbo
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: san francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanJJ09 View Post
wtf i didnt know dinan had a lsd, time to hit the website

oh and congrats i expect a full write up
Not on their website yet since i last check 5 min ago.... i got a personal call to come in and install this product
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 01:12 PM   #7
Slidewayz
Major
Slidewayz's Avatar
15
Rep
1,176
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oakland, CA

iTrader: (5)

Quaife + $5,000 = Dinan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsapphire7 View Post
This is a quaife lsd right?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 01:16 PM   #8
CubanJJ09
Banned
United_States
133
Rep
12,692
Posts

 
Drives: like an asshole
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [3.09]
Send a message via AIM to CubanJJ09
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iBaller View Post
Not on their website yet since i last check 5 min ago.... i got a personal call to come in and install this product
yea its not just checked

well then.......
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 01:38 PM   #9
astris
Captain
11
Rep
640
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Comp Package
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (1)

Dinan diffs are generally nice. Seen it handle 500whp+ in an E46 M3.

Not to be a jerk, but with all that Dinan stuff I'd assume you are well into E90 M3 territory, but with less performance.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 02:18 PM   #10
enrita
Major General
enrita's Avatar
Sweden
92
Rep
7,331
Posts

 
Drives: 335i - Big turbos
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Italian in Sweden

iTrader: (0)

is probably an overpriced Quaife LSD...
__________________
07 335i AT - TD St.2 Turbos - COBB (Custom Cobb mapping by http://www.protuningfreaks.com/) - JB4G5 ISO - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - E85 Walbro - Injen Intake - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - AR DPs - midpipes 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - Level 10 AT upgrade - Alpina AT Flash
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 02:26 PM   #11
hun77777
Brigadier General
hun77777's Avatar
United_States
73
Rep
4,625
Posts

 
Drives: SG E92
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seattle WA

iTrader: (58)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrita View Post
is definitely an overpriced Quaife LSD...
fixed
__________________
SGE92TT......................... 12.331 Sec @ 117.89 Mph............................POWERED BY
l BMS DCI l HELIX IC l FORGE DVs l RR OCC & CP & SCOOPS l AR 3" DPs l AE QUADs l BLISTEIN PSS10 l P3 VENT GUAGE l VISHNU PROCEDE V4 AUTOTUNE l Lots of Window Stickers

Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 02:31 PM   #12
bulldog x6
Major General
65
Rep
5,022
Posts

 
Drives: x6 panzer
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: probably work

iTrader: (28)

you're definitely balling outta control buddy
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 02:32 PM   #13
Zeph
Major
United_States
16
Rep
1,410
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT SGM CR/BD
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southeast USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Zeph Send a message via Yahoo to Zeph
Quote:
Originally Posted by astris View Post
Dinan diffs are generally nice. Seen it handle 500whp+ in an E46 M3.

Not to be a jerk, but with all that Dinan stuff I'd assume you are well into E90 M3 territory, but with less performance.
I would assume with all those mods, to include the LSD, his car will atleast be equal to an M3 on a track... yet out-run it on a strip or highway. I definitely wouldn't call it "less performance"... well maybe without the suspension upgrade as well.

Of course don't actually use those track mods on the track lol (or timed event, or every other Sunday, or during the month of August, or if you add higher octane fuel, or...)
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 02:40 PM   #14
zsapphire7
Colonel
zsapphire7's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
2,312
Posts

 
Drives: 08 e92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
I would assume with all those mods, to include the LSD, his car will atleast be equal to an M3 on a track... yet out-run it on a strip or highway. I definitely wouldn't call it "less performance"... well maybe without the suspension upgrade as well.

Of course don't actually use those track mods on the track lol (or timed event, or every other Sunday, or during the month of August, or if you add higher octane fuel, or...)
I dont think our cars come close to an m3 on the track with just power mods... youll need a lot more suspension upgrades just to match the m3 before you can think about passing it.. an LSD is a nice step but its not enough.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 02:55 PM   #15
335e92tx
Major
335e92tx's Avatar
55
Rep
1,291
Posts

 
Drives: 07-335e92 - monaco blue
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Texas

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsapphire7 View Post
I dont think our cars come close to an m3 on the track with just power mods... youll need a lot more suspension upgrades just to match the m3 before you can think about passing it.. an LSD is a nice step but its not enough.
You are discounting the operator behind the wheel. Can easily move the laptimes faster or slower by probably than more than the mods itself.
__________________
JBSPEED|MIRO-M6 reps|BMS JB3 V2.0 & DCI |VK Motorwerks DPs|BSH Oil Catch Can |Wavetrac |ETS IC
replacement FP #3 installed on 11/18 @43K - probably more sig updates to follow :/
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 03:21 PM   #16
335iBaller
Second Lieutenant
10
Rep
200
Posts

 
Drives: 335i!! twin turbo
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: san francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrita View Post
is probably an overpriced Quaife LSD...
I dont assume it is a quaife LSD. I believe its dinan's own LSD since it took so long for them to release the product. Well, i will ask them more on Friday to let you guys know whats going on. Also since u guys are mentiong about the price it is..

$3500 retail
120 an hour for labor = 4 hours of labor to install
+ tax

Yes i do believe it is pricey but that is normal for Dinan..

Also, please dont compare my car with the new m3 since a 335i is a 335i and a m3 is a m3. I mod my 335i not to out beat a m3 but to improve the overall performance. Since i've wasted a lot of money on my 335i i could have easily bought a m3 and mod that, but i bought my 335i in 2006. The m3 came out soon after which i didnt know was coming out. I would have easily bought the new m3 over the 2007 335i but i am happy with the 335i and im modding it because my next car will be much better then the new m3.

I paid in full and did not lease my 335i. I plan to keep the car for a while as a beater car to go around town when i get my next upgraded car to drive!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 03:25 PM   #17
Zeph
Major
United_States
16
Rep
1,410
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT SGM CR/BD
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southeast USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Zeph Send a message via Yahoo to Zeph
$3500 is cheaper than any alternative out there, assuming it is the whole pumpkin? Otherwise I don't know if they could install it into a welded rear end like many of us have. If I could get Dinan LSD for $4000 including labor that would actually be a bit of a bargain
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 03:30 PM   #18
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
SpmnE9zero's Avatar
United_States
376
Rep
35,576
Posts

 
Drives: JB 33ZERO
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: City of Champions

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iBaller View Post
I dont assume it is a quaife LSD. I believe its dinan's own LSD since it took so long for them to release the product. Well, i will ask them more on Friday to let you guys know whats going on. Also since u guys are mentiong about the price it is..

$3500 retail
120 an hour for labor = 4 hours of labor to install
+ tax

Yes i do believe it is pricey but that is normal for Dinan..

Also, please dont compare my car with the new m3 since a 335i is a 335i and a m3 is a m3. I mod my 335i not to out beat a m3 but to improve the overall performance. Since i've wasted a lot of money on my 335i i could have easily bought a m3 and mod that, but i bought my 335i in 2006. The m3 came out soon after which i didnt know was coming out. I would have easily bought the new m3 over the 2007 335i but i am happy with the 335i and im modding it because my next car will be much better then the new m3.

I paid in full and did not lease my 335i. I plan to keep the car for a while as a beater car to go around town when i get my next upgraded car to drive!
Wow, I dont even know what to say to that!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 03:31 PM   #19
JoeyFiasco
Major
JoeyFiasco's Avatar
16
Rep
1,211
Posts

 
Drives: '09 Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: P'boro, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
$3500 is cheaper than any alternative out there, assuming it is the whole pumpkin? Otherwise I don't know if they could install it into a welded rear end like many of us have. If I could get Dinan LSD for $4000 including labor that would actually be a bit of a bargain
judging by his purchase date, he probably has the bolted (not welded) pumpkin. i think all early models were this way.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 03:50 PM   #20
JRZFresh
Private
0
Rep
97
Posts

 
Drives: B5 S4 / 335ix sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsapphire7 View Post
I dont think our cars come close to an m3 on the track with just power mods... youll need a lot more suspension upgrades just to match the m3 before you can think about passing it.. an LSD is a nice step but its not enough.
Think again buddy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gGzq4Pyv8Q
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 03:51 PM   #21
Slidewayz
Major
Slidewayz's Avatar
15
Rep
1,176
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oakland, CA

iTrader: (5)

Yeah. $3.5k is not bad.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iBaller View Post
I dont assume it is a quaife LSD. I believe its dinan's own LSD since it took so long for them to release the product. Well, i will ask them more on Friday to let you guys know whats going on. Also since u guys are mentiong about the price it is..

$3500 retail
120 an hour for labor = 4 hours of labor to install
+ tax

Yes i do believe it is pricey but that is normal for Dinan..

Also, please dont compare my car with the new m3 since a 335i is a 335i and a m3 is a m3. I mod my 335i not to out beat a m3 but to improve the overall performance. Since i've wasted a lot of money on my 335i i could have easily bought a m3 and mod that, but i bought my 335i in 2006. The m3 came out soon after which i didnt know was coming out. I would have easily bought the new m3 over the 2007 335i but i am happy with the 335i and im modding it because my next car will be much better then the new m3.

I paid in full and did not lease my 335i. I plan to keep the car for a while as a beater car to go around town when i get my next upgraded car to drive!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 03:51 PM   #22
ybbiz34
Moderator
ybbiz34's Avatar
181
Rep
4,712
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Congrats! Looking forward to hearing your impressions and any additional information.
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST