E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Serious malfunction after JB+ and DCI reinstall

07-21-2009, 08:46 PM   #1
cougfan335
First Lieutenant

Drives: 335i Coupe MT, Montego/Saddle

Serious malfunction after JB+ and DCI reinstall

My car was running great a week ago. I took it in to the dealership for minor stuff and removed my beloved JB+ and BMS DCI. Days later I decide I need the extra power back. I put the ECU in sleep mode by leaving it hood up and doors locked for at least half an hour and easily reinstall the chip and intake. Then I start the car and after a few seconds get the limp home mode. Then that turns off and all that remains is the check engine light. Through various restarts and checking of all connections these lights are intermittent with seemingly no rhyme or reason. Then all seems clear until a brief drive brings them back and now neither will go away. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
e92 335i: Montego, Saddle Brown, Burl Walnut, MT, Sport, Prem, CW, PDC, Rear Shade. Mods: JB4, BMS Dual Intake, Cyba Scoops, Beyern Mesh Chrome 19" wheels, 15% F1 tint, LeatherZ weighted shift knob, body color reflectors, Matte black grill with Montego surround, middle lower grill removed, left and right lower grills painted black.
cougfan335 is offline   United_States
      07-21-2009, 08:49 PM   #2
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: 07335i

As always contact BMS

You may want to check the pins on the JB+ to ensure they weren't recessed or damaged during the install.

Mike
Mike@N54Tuning.com is offline   Canada
      07-21-2009, 09:50 PM   #3
cougfan335
First Lieutenant

Drives: 335i Coupe MT, Montego/Saddle

I pulled some wires from the male connector on the JB+. Got it hooked up without the Juice and all thats left is a CEL. Apparently autozone has readers and can clear it right up now. Thanks to Terry and Mike for the great service.
e92 335i: Montego, Saddle Brown, Burl Walnut, MT, Sport, Prem, CW, PDC, Rear Shade. Mods: JB4, BMS Dual Intake, Cyba Scoops, Beyern Mesh Chrome 19" wheels, 15% F1 tint, LeatherZ weighted shift knob, body color reflectors, Matte black grill with Montego surround, middle lower grill removed, left and right lower grills painted black.
cougfan335 is offline   United_States