E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Burgled!!

07-30-2009, 05:08 AM   #1
RagingKileak
Brigadier General

Drives: Modified Alpine White E92 335i

Burgled!!

Now then peeps,

Well some little bastards burgled me the other night!!

Some of you might know the effort me and the missus have put in to building our dream home... I comissioned a wall with a TV in it, 7.1 surround sound in the walls, crazy ensuite with a double size jacuzzi bath, all ensuite bathrooms etc - somewhere mates could come and want to stay and for us to entertain etc...

Anyway, so little knob has forced their way in through the 'glass wall' which we so wanted facing into the garden - as the project is ongoing, there was no security fitted yet, and it was just a case of popping the glass out really... not easy, but easy if you know how.

Anyway, they took three laptops, a PS3, 3 phones, Ipods, all that sort of thing... All my PS3 games...

Somewhat amusingly for me they left the XBOX 360 and and games, and although they looked at the two TV's downstairs (including in the wall) they clearly decided they were too big or too well bolted down.

They also knew what they wanted, as the car keys were on my pool table next to Tracys bag which was also taken, perhaps they knew I have a tracker -or assumed so at least.

Seems they were after items of a certain value which were difficult to trace, I suspect they didnt take the 360 as I have a custom faceplate on it making it easy to identify (aside from its relatively low value compared to PS3)

The annoying thing is we were asleep in room less then ten feet away - as we are in a converted Bungalow, the master bedroom is downstairs and just a short hall away from the living room.

Neither of our dogs batted an eyelid.

Clearly, Insurance will sort it out and no harm will be done... so I am happy. Its easy to say I would rather have caught them in the act, but to be honest am I really?

If it had been one bloke I have no doubt me and the dogs would have hammered him - armed or not two staffies dont take prisoners, and I certainly wouldnt have - but at the end of the day I would have ended up behind bars even for knocking him out and detaining him while the pigs showed up.

The alternative of course is that its more than one bloke, in which case maybe I would have got hurt - or less likely, took them both down and still ended up in chokey because I would have had to really kick the shit out of them to keep them subdued.

I just kind of hope someone walks up to me in the pub with my PS3, so I can anonymously kick fuck out of him and take him to up Ilkley Moor to see if he appreciates the view as much as the Northern Meet 3 members did

Ah well, no harm done, not too bothered, just needed to vent a little!!

Matt
RagingKileak is offline   United Kingdom
      07-30-2009, 05:13 AM   #2
SiKkBaSs
325i'in it

Drives: E90 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Wow.

You seem bloody calm for someone whose just been burgled!!! If my PS3 and PC were stolen I wouldn't look at the world in the same way. Hope them burglars get fucked. KARMA
      07-30-2009, 05:19 AM   #3
RagingKileak
Brigadier General

Mate to be honest, I am having the worst year of my life - this is the least of my worries.

There was about 8 days of consultancy work on my work laptop (which was also taken) which hadnt been backed up as I wasnt in the office, I thought there was a good job I would get a roasting from the big man as well - luckily he took the view that there wasnt a lot I could have done to avoid it.

What can one do mate?

Perhaps they knew if they had touched the car I would never have stopped until I had delivered retribution.

Matt
      07-30-2009, 05:35 AM   #4
JLR1969
Brigadier General

Drives: Ford GT Lawn Tractor

Sorry to hear the news Matt.......everyones worse nightmare.

There have been a load of burglaries around where I live so I am taking extra care to lock everything, not a lot you can do if they are really serious about getting in.

Hope the good lady is not taking it too bad.
JLR1969 is offline   United Kingdom
      07-30-2009, 05:39 AM   #5
jonsteele
Old enough to know better!

Drives: 320d M Sport, Le Mans Blue

Garage List
Tw@ts! I hate the fact that hard working folk can't have nice property without some benefit liiving, pond life chav thinking they can help theirselves to it to pay for their next fix! This country is screwed, they don't get decent sentances as a deterant, get treated well in prison (wouldn't want to abuse their human rights!) and if they do get a kicking from the victim, its them that get locked up.

My girlfriend and I are currently building our dream home (converted country pub) and are planning on spending a fortune on security to avoid incidents like this - that's money I could be spending on Gucci TVs etc.
Le Mans Blue/18" Alloys/Bi Xenons/Climate Screen/Black, Heated Dakota Leather/6 CD Changer with Dension 500/Power Mirrors/M3 Lip Spoiler/Gloss Black Grills/Through Load, Storage pack, Lumbar Support, Smokers Deletion
jonsteele is offline   United Kingdom
      07-30-2009, 05:41 AM   #6
ed335d
Major General

Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
57 e92 M3  [5.00]
2008 e92 335d  [0.00]
Really sorry to hear that - we were broken into last year, but we disturbed them and they ran off before picking anything up. Think it was only kids, but it just leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Doing a full back-up as we speak!
      07-30-2009, 05:48 AM   #7
RagingKileak
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsteele View Post
Tw@ts! I hate the fact that hard working folk can't have nice property without some benefit liiving, pond life chav thinking they can help theirselves to it to pay for their next fix! This country is screwed, they don't get decent sentances as a deterant, get treated well in prison (wouldn't want to abuse their human rights!) and if they do get a kicking from the victim, its them that get locked up.

My girlfriend and I are currently building our dream home (converted country pub) and are planning on spending a fortune on security to avoid incidents like this - that's money I could be spending on Gucci TVs etc.
All I can say to that mate is, get it done in due course - we let security slide as we had to move in before completion (the builder was slow, we were not pushy, in fact we gave him 2 months extra lol) and it looks like its cost us.

I guess I sell it to myself by having it all controlled via my Office - which is a cool room under the stairs with a custom built desk 'array' so I planned to have like CCTV on one screen, zoned security with a plan of the house and stuff...

It was meant to be very secure, but also kind of you know, like a high tech gadget - however, I got as far as the screens, and the software. None of the door, window or movement sensors are active and nor is the CCTV in place as work on the garden continues (several cameras are to be fitted to as yet unfinished structures)

Anyway. Bugger it.

Cheers for the kind words.

Matt
      07-30-2009, 06:04 AM   #8
jjbirch
Banned

Drives: E60 530D M SPORT

Garage List
sorry to hear this matt my case with a hotel is soo little compared to what has happend to you, its my worse nightmare to catch someone in my house, of course i have means to blow them away if you know what i mean, but as u say it must be someone that knows you or your mates, it has gone to the wrong ears, well the good thing is your insured,when i used to live up swindon in 2002 i bought a brand new caravan and parked it in my driveway had it 3 days brand new even took the wheels off, even that got lifted after a 3days lol never took out insurance, police a waste of time,like you say i wish i saw them that night, but they could of had anything a knife or gun
      07-30-2009, 06:11 AM   #9
rogerxp
Major General

Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Nightmare fella. Just get a load of brand new gear now through insurance now Missing work on the laptop would be be biggest pisser for me

Best not knowing they're there in my opinion as the law favours the crims if you give them a good kicking. Still makes you feel shite that they've been in your home, especially when you're asleep. Your house sounds the business - are we all invited round when the work is finished (that's if we can pass the new security that is )

Think you're two muts need a good talking to though !!!
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
rogerxp is offline   United Kingdom
      07-30-2009, 06:31 AM   #10
MB London
Come as you are

Drives: F10 520d M-sport

Matt, this may not be what you want to hear but try not to lose sight of the fact that you are a successful (at least you sound you are by the dream house you are building etc) law abiding (except for when you are giving the big D a bash) bloke who lives life within in the legal parameters which we are given. The scum who have invaded you premises are nothing but lowest form of smac head filth that crawls about our world. You are right, the insurance will settle any financial loss and the most important things is that neither of you got hurt, but that scum will always remain in the gutters. If I met someone who robbed me I would throw a 10a in their face, spit at them and laugh and point out that they are a couple of notches below the vermin that search through bins.
MB London is offline   United Kingdom
      07-30-2009, 07:10 AM   #11
RagingKileak
Brigadier General

haha, I quite like the last bit of your post MB.

I might embellish a little bit with an elbow to the jaw, followed by throwing the tenner on their mangled body, and the hocking a green one in their face!

That would be satisfaction!!

And Roger - I have already considered opening the doors at the Lake District meet, but I think we will be lucky to get it done in time and as it happens were gonna take the opp to stay in a nice hotel or something.

You never know for the next Northern meet though, if Southern members need some reassurance that making the journey will be worthwhile, I may put some up as long as they can tolerate my terrible singing on Lips after a few beers - haha, perhaps they should have robbed the XBOX afterall!!!

Matt
      07-30-2009, 07:12 AM   #12
PhilL
Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 e91 335d M Sport

Sorry to hear this mate, the lost work must be the biggest sh!tter. Keep going on to the missus to use an online file backup service as she has all her work at home; backed up to a USB hard drive but not much use if that got nicked as well.

Our MD returned from holiday to find they'd been burgled last week; not I nice thing to have to deal with but at least like you it's mostly replaceable material possessions.
      07-30-2009, 07:17 AM   #13
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist

Drives: E46 M3 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
Mate to be honest, I am having the worst year of my life - this is the least of my worries.

There was about 8 days of consultancy work on my work laptop (which was also taken) which hadnt been backed up as I wasnt in the office, I thought there was a good job I would get a roasting from the big man as well - luckily he took the view that there wasnt a lot I could have done to avoid it.

What can one do mate?

Perhaps they knew if they had touched the car I would never have stopped until I had delivered retribution.
Matt
In all honesty mate, they aint thinking that in the slightest, they couldnt give a flying f**k about you or your family.

They didnt take the car, as they didnt come for that.

Very sorry to hear of your break in.

The guys who did it, will one day get caught dont worry.
      07-30-2009, 07:21 AM   #14
ed335d
Major General

Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
57 e92 M3  [5.00]
2008 e92 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsteele View Post

Are Gucci making TVs now? ffs, don't tell my Mrs
      07-30-2009, 07:23 AM   #15
Neil McRae
BMW Motorsport

Drives: BMW ///M3 E92 / BMW ///M5 F10

Garage List
2012 BMW M5  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3 Coupe  [5.00]
Send a message via MSN to Neil McRae
its only going to get worse, influx of people, jobs drying up, big loss of tax revenues inside the UK from the Banking sector, no real key industries in the UK any more we are well on our way to third world, all the councils and governments spending money that we don't have.

I've got my escape route all sorted, if you haven't better start planning now folks.
Neil McRae is offline   United Kingdom
      07-30-2009, 07:29 AM   #16
rogerxp
Major General

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
perhaps they should have robbed the XBOX afterall!!!
Just stick a 360 on the claim for anyway mate. Oh, don't forget that new Rolex too
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
      07-30-2009, 07:31 AM   #17
RagingKileak
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerxp View Post
Just stick a 360 on the claim for anyway mate. Oh, don't forget that new Rolex too
All my claims are entirely above board - as you say.

Matt
      07-30-2009, 07:33 AM   #18
jonsteele
Old enough to know better!

Drives: 320d M Sport, Le Mans Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
Are Gucci making TVs now? ffs, don't tell my Mrs
Sorry, forces speak for spangly or flash!
Le Mans Blue/18" Alloys/Bi Xenons/Climate Screen/Black, Heated Dakota Leather/6 CD Changer with Dension 500/Power Mirrors/M3 Lip Spoiler/Gloss Black Grills/Through Load, Storage pack, Lumbar Support, Smokers Deletion
jonsteele is offline   United Kingdom
      07-30-2009, 07:43 AM   #19
Jude1
Captain

Drives: 3 Series

Sorry to hear of your woes and hope you get it all sorted.

Do the insurance know your house wasn't alarmed? Hope not as they might refuse to pay out.

Also I can't believe your Dogs didn't notice strangers in the house, they instantly pick up on the slightest of noises, they def need a talking too.

Seems that Burglars are getting quite picky these days, normally they'd either grab everything they could get their hands on in a limited amount of time, or if it was an arranged burglary then they would specifically target very expensive items.

Not a nice feeling and hope it all gets sorted.

Jules.
Jude1 is offline   United Kingdom
      07-30-2009, 07:52 AM   #20
flyfs6
Captain

Drives: Alpina B7 Bi

Very sorry to hear about it. I know how it feels. We've been done twice, once for cars only a few years back and recently in April for portable electricals and jewellery (no bulky stuff like Ps3 taken).

We were insured with Directline for both cars and home, they're faultless and brilliant. Hope you're insurance company sorts it out for you quickly. They might ask you to provide them with receipts for lost items or some proof that you the items like photos, empty boxes, manuals etc. Good luck.
      07-30-2009, 07:53 AM   #21
ctgazer
Major General

Drives: a dilapidated ride

Garage List
2006 e90  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to ctgazer
sounds like someone knew what they were doing...your builders were prolly babble mouths...doesnt sound too random as they knew exactly how to get in, and what to take etc...best of luck with the insurance company!
      07-30-2009, 07:55 AM   #22
rogerxp
Major General

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
They didnt take the car, as they didnt come for that.
Problem with cars are that they're difficult to flog down at the 'Kings Arms'