E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Burgled!!

07-30-2009, 07:57 AM   #23
RagingKileak
Brigadier General

Drives: Modified Alpine White E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude1 View Post
Sorry to hear of your woes and hope you get it all sorted.

Do the insurance know your house wasn't alarmed? Hope not as they might refuse to pay out.

Also I can't believe your Dogs didn't notice strangers in the house, they instantly pick up on the slightest of noises, they def need a talking too.

Seems that Burglars are getting quite picky these days, normally they'd either grab everything they could get their hands on in a limited amount of time, or if it was an arranged burglary then they would specifically target very expensive items.

Not a nice feeling and hope it all gets sorted.

Jules.
Yeah its a bit weird.

Its very much like someone who might have known the car and xbox are quite unique and decided that getting away with it would be hard.

The car does have a Tracker, and one could easily assume it would - its an expensive modern car etc so I could understand them not touching it if they didnt have an order for it or some other equally quick way of stripping/shipping it.

As for the XBOX - well to have specifically taken the PS3 games and not the XBOX or its games is odd. They also left the PS3 cables, but took one of the two control pads which was in a seperate draw (a yet further seperate draw to the games) so its almost like someone who has been in my house which is even worse.

I could see why they might take a pad and some games, to try and legitimise the sale of the PS3 possibly - as the cables are totally inaccessible from within my AV unit, it doesnt look like they were even pulled or tugged etc, not unplugged or anything so there was no effort put in to taking them.

They didnt take the Dell or Acer laptop power supplies either, and they took the trouble of disconnecting my IPOD Nano which was charging in my personal laptop - however they took an IPOD touch sat next to my wallet which they also took.

Its a very odd burglary, very odd indeed.

In that respect I have some hope of getting some kind of revenge, be it of the legal or vigilante type. Bear in mind, my builder hasnt completed this work because he has gone bankrupt etc. To be honest, I dont believe for a second it was him.

What concerns me is that I may become suspicious of everyone I know - friends, family, people like the builder or my cleaning lady. The truth is I worked my arse off to get out of the shit parts of Leeds and make this place what it is - but more or less everyone I know still has some connection to the estates and slums around here. If i live my life not trusting anyone though, then the whole concept of the house I have tried to build will be eroded by suspicion and mistrust, thats not my cup of tea man.

In the same respect, if some of the people I know find out anything about this unfortunate occurrence, then I will expect a pile of electronic items in a waterproof bag on my decking, possibly with some broken teeth in a small envelope

Matt
RagingKileak is offline   United Kingdom
      07-30-2009, 07:59 AM   #24
lons
Lons

Drives: 320d M Sport edition - carbon

Def better you didn't disturb them. I got a serious bollocking from the law a few years back for chasing 2 little no good burgling bast***s with a hammer.
Didn't catch them and niether did the law depite me giving car registration and good descriptions.

Trouble is that they know all they'll get is an asbo to brag about to their mates
      07-30-2009, 08:34 AM   #25
RagingKileak
Brigadier General

I did once wonder...

So lets say a couple of lads break in... they dont have a car or anything... just blaggers.

Lets say you get one and drop him sharpish... then you get his mate, who maybe thought he would try to help his bud, or didnt run quick enough, or whatever... and you deck him too.

Now then, lets say for arguments sake the first one fell down the stairs, and broke his neck - he is dead... You know the law is going to bang you up for manslaughter at the least...

Do you...

A)Give yourself in, and the scroat, and go to prison while one scroat walks free.

B)Do in the second lad discreetly so as not to leave a load of gore everywhere... then you have the rest of the night at least to take them outside, drive them somewere discreet, smash there teeth out, chop toes and fingers off and generally make them indistinguishable and dump them somwhere where they wont be found for a while - or burn them or whatver, and destroy the teeth and other bits as you see fit.

Then, obviously clean your house up and do a good job on any marks, hairs etc - empty your vac into a chiminea or similar, and burn the gubbins along with your clothes and all the usual... it might even be a good idea to take out your car boot lining and do the same.

In fact, lets take a different car from your own, just to help with the fact you might be seen out or caught on CCTV at an unusually early time. The missus wont mind if you flog her car a few weeks later, or possibly even scrap it if its an old shed - she would love the new car you got with the scrappage allowance and there is a good chance once it goes into that kind of system, it would be long gone before plod ever got round to you.

Lets also consider the neighbours, well I guess you have a pretty low chance of the neighbours seeing you loading the car at 4am - afterall, they never see the crooks loading the car at 4am. Course, its a calculated risk - you cant do anything about it and some other elements of this plan.

The biggest danger of this idea is that of course, the scum may have told their mates that they were gonna rob you - but it would take at least a few days for that to get through the net... 'My mate was gonna rob so and so, and I havent seen him since' probably some time later when the lads are gone for a while, the Police come round - course you turn them away to buy more time, or you could even talk to them as long as your a good liar... every day that time ticks away the DNA evidence which is already minimal fades... the car gets ever closer to the furnace and there shouldnt be anything invriminating in their anyway...

Motive? Noone robbed me officer...

Murder? No bodies found it doesnt seem likely...

Meh, just some musings... I am sure there are some flaws, but it would make for a good film

Matt
      07-30-2009, 08:45 AM   #26
ctgazer
Major General

Drives: a dilapidated ride

Garage List
2006 e90  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to ctgazer
^^ur kinda scary
      07-30-2009, 08:50 AM   #27
Jude1
Captain

Drives: 3 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
Yeah its a bit weird.

Its very much like someone who might have known the car and xbox are quite unique and decided that getting away with it would be hard.

The car does have a Tracker, and one could easily assume it would - its an expensive modern car etc so I could understand them not touching it if they didnt have an order for it or some other equally quick way of stripping/shipping it.

As for the XBOX - well to have specifically taken the PS3 games and not the XBOX or its games is odd. They also left the PS3 cables, but took one of the two control pads which was in a seperate draw (a yet further seperate draw to the games) so its almost like someone who has been in my house which is even worse.

I could see why they might take a pad and some games, to try and legitimise the sale of the PS3 possibly - as the cables are totally inaccessible from within my AV unit, it doesnt look like they were even pulled or tugged etc, not unplugged or anything so there was no effort put in to taking them.

They didnt take the Dell or Acer laptop power supplies either, and they took the trouble of disconnecting my IPOD Nano which was charging in my personal laptop - however they took an IPOD touch sat next to my wallet which they also took.

Its a very odd burglary, very odd indeed.

In that respect I have some hope of getting some kind of revenge, be it of the legal or vigilante type. Bear in mind, my builder hasnt completed this work because he has gone bankrupt etc. To be honest, I dont believe for a second it was him.

What concerns me is that I may become suspicious of everyone I know - friends, family, people like the builder or my cleaning lady. The truth is I worked my arse off to get out of the shit parts of Leeds and make this place what it is - but more or less everyone I know still has some connection to the estates and slums around here. If i live my life not trusting anyone though, then the whole concept of the house I have tried to build will be eroded by suspicion and mistrust, thats not my cup of tea man.

In the same respect, if some of the people I know find out anything about this unfortunate occurrence, then I will expect a pile of electronic items in a waterproof bag on my decking, possibly with some broken teeth in a small envelope

Matt
Suspicion will drive you mad if you let it, just put the feelers out locally and see if anything crops up.

First thing you should be doing is sorting your alarm system out and getting the hearing checked out on your dogs , doesn't matter where you live nowdays you're not safe.

Jules.
Jude1 is offline   United Kingdom
      07-30-2009, 08:52 AM   #28
RagingKileak
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctgazer View Post
^^ur kinda scary
So said the girl sat behind me when I ranted about it earlier...

Thats the work of a vivid imagination and not a psycho - I am vocal about things like that because I get paid to write a lot in an imaginative way.

I always know when I get carried away though, as my spelling and attention to detail gets worse - so thats not a good sign. Maybe I am on the verge of flipping out which is why I am so calm...

Not good!!

Matt
      07-30-2009, 09:11 AM   #29
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist

Drives: E46 M3 CS

Garage List
I work all sorts of times, i have two CRACKING gaurd dogs, in labrados.

bark when hear noise etc...

Anyhow, depends what time they came in..

If they didnt go in the room where the dogs were located then it wouldnt wake them if there in a deep sleep..

Ive seen this with my own dogs... so if the dogs usual bed time is 11pm for example they would be in deep sleep by 2am and may not be stirred by movement in the next room, a hour or so later they might have detected it etc.
      07-30-2009, 09:27 AM   #30
RagingKileak
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
I work all sorts of times, i have two CRACKING gaurd dogs, in labrados.

bark when hear noise etc...

Anyhow, depends what time they came in..

If they didnt go in the room where the dogs were located then it wouldnt wake them if there in a deep sleep..

Ive seen this with my own dogs... so if the dogs usual bed time is 11pm for example they would be in deep sleep by 2am and may not be stirred by movement in the next room, a hour or so later they might have detected it etc.
Mine are fine if they hear something, the reason they didnt was mainly because we chose to have fire doors fitted throughout - so both door from the living room into the hall, and then into our room are very heavy and sound doesnt pass well through them.

Dont forget either that off that hall there is both the Master and Second bedrooms - and in the living room there are 8 very big speakers connected to a strong AV receiver...

I could have chosen paper thin doors and ran the risk of fire, whilst ensuring that the dogs would hear anyone in the house - or alternatively, I could choose to have good fire proof doors and also mitigate against the more common complaints from the missus and our guests that noise from the living room was SO LOUD I CANT FUCKING SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt
      07-30-2009, 09:37 AM   #31
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist

Garage List
Well there is your answer to why they didnt hear then...
      07-30-2009, 09:39 AM   #32
Jude1
Captain

Quote:
I

Maybe the Burglars had worked this out also....

Clever sods aren't they
      07-30-2009, 09:42 AM   #33
Jude1
Captain

Quote:

True along with the solid walls in between each room....lol

Sorry couldn't resist.

Hope you get it all sorted Matt.

Jules.
      07-30-2009, 09:43 AM   #34
RagingKileak
Brigadier General

Quote:
I never asked lol...

Matt
      07-30-2009, 10:25 AM   #35
rogerxp
Major General

Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Even though this thread started off with a tale of woe it's turned into an absolutely cracking thread (better than the 'what fucking car Steve's just bought' thread anyhow ).

Matt, make sure you let us know when all your new gear turns up as I reckon it'll be a piece of piss to rob you now you've told us the best ways to rob you undetected . Oh, don't set-up your alarm just yet fella .
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
rogerxp is offline   United Kingdom
      07-30-2009, 10:28 AM   #36
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist

Garage List
Quote:
True along with the solid walls in between each room....lol

Sorry couldn't resist.

Hope you get it all sorted Matt.

Jules.

i may have missed something in an earlier post jules..

all i saw written was somethign along the lines of ''dont know why my dogs didnt wake''

so i offered a logical explanation, only to then find out Matt knew what it was
      07-30-2009, 10:48 AM   #37
RagingKileak
Brigadier General

Quote:

all i saw written was somethign along the lines of ''dont know why my dogs didnt wake''

lol good oh mate

I knew, I wasnt mad with the dogs - they didnt invite the scum into the house!!

Matt
      07-30-2009, 10:52 AM   #38
Jude1
Captain

Quote:

You'll never learn Carlos, how many times do you get told to read the whole thread before making a comment?
      07-30-2009, 10:55 AM   #39
RagingKileak
Brigadier General

Quote:
You'll never learn Carlos, how many times do you get told to read the whole thread before making a comment?
Things would be less interesting without him here!!

Matt
      07-30-2009, 01:49 PM   #40
Oil Burner
Captain

Drives: E93 330d SE Auto

sooo true
      07-30-2009, 01:59 PM   #41
MIKEYBMW1
GT3

Drives: PORSCHE GT3

just hope they don't come back for the rest mate , make sure you up your security as they often do come back once they know the insurance company have paid out and you have all new gear .
      07-30-2009, 03:14 PM   #42
PeteJ
Diesel Head

Drives: 320d M Sport Convertible E93

I really feel for you on this one mate. Had the same thing happen to me a few years ago. Since however my mate who works for a national security alarm company has kitted me out with a top spec alarm connected to a monitoring company with CCTV which covers all four corners of the house.

No problems since.
PeteJ is offline   Scotland
      07-30-2009, 03:37 PM   #43
willhollin
Major General

Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Shocking news Matt! Sorry to hear this.

Think you need to get one or two of these living outside.

" They will stare death in the eyes and move forward "
willhollin is offline   England
      07-30-2009, 04:02 PM   #44
Hotcoupe
Major General

Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
That sucks!

Hope everything gets sorted quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
I knew, I wasnt mad with the dogs - they didnt invite the scum into the house!!

Matt
You sure,sounds like an inside job to me.

Dogs hacked into your facebook account, uploaded a floorplan showing where all the goodies were, and more importantly where they would be sleeping, job done - sack em

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Hotcoupe is offline   United Kingdom