E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > E92 Coupe Facelift spyshots (most revealing yet)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-04-2009, 05:38 PM   #155
Westman_Ume
The Globetrotter
 
Westman_Ume's Avatar
 
Drives: Rusty Stuff
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sweden/Singapore

Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

These new mirrors are hideous, I assume they are part of some new EU regulation?

They would work on a SUV though.
__________________
-011 Audi S5 Sportback|Mugello Blue/Black|-011 F11 535i M-Sport|Carbon Black/Cinnamon|-95 BMW E34 M5 HC92|Oxford Green/Black|
-09 E90 335i M-Sport|LeMans Blue/Black|SOLD|-09 E60 M5|Interlagos Blue/Black|SOLD|-010 X6 50i|Black/Chateau|SOLD|
Westman_Ume is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2009, 06:41 PM   #156
Driver72
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California

Posts: 4,485
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstavaru View Post
So, for those who know more about this, will there be changes to the N54 power output ? Or maybe N55 replacement ?
I don't know either, but I'd venture to say no on both.
The N54 is still a pretty new engine and doubtful they'll dump the new N55 into the 3 series until after it's made it's debut in other higher end models first.
That means 2011 for other models and probably 2012 at earliest for the 3 series (and 2013 for the 1 series). That's the dates the 3 and 1 series are due for complete new model makeovers with new designation.

The other option would be that the N55 won't debut in the 3 series until the new M3 with the Turbocharged 6 makes it's entrance.
As I've said for over a year now, that'll probably be a 3.3-3.5 liter 6 with two twin scroll turbochargers making 425-435 hp and 400+ lbs feet of torque in a car that's hopefully 100-150 lbs lighter than the e92 M3.

BMW's two mistakes for 2010 is not making the e92 the LCI facelifted version and not (apparently) putting the DCT in the car as an option either.
The e92 has been out since August 2006, why on earth are they only doing VERY minor facelift to the 2010 model with not even one semi-major upgrade? Bad choice on BMW's part.
Driver72 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2009, 07:02 PM   #157
MTL Bimmer
Major General
 
MTL Bimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 328 (DD) & E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal ; Kuwait

Posts: 8,036
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPI View Post
The mirrors look so big and funny looking
+1 hahahaha
__________________
08 E92 M3/Melbourne Red/6MT/Exec Pack/MDrive/EDC/PDC/19" 220M
Mods: VRS Front Lip, HID Angels, KW V3, Stoptech BBK, SS lines, 18" TE37SL, Bastuck Exhaust, MS Air Filter, OEM Aluminum Padels, LED Interior Light
07 E92 328i/Jet Black/Cream Beige Leather/Premium/Step/Heated Seats...check garage!
MTL Bimmer is offline   Kuwait
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2009, 10:47 PM   #158
gqmd
Chemo Doc
 
Drives: e92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maryland/DC

Posts: 468
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19 View Post
It looks like the tails keep their same shape while the headlights change slightly.

Good news for a possible LED tails swap...
I was thinking the same thing...an easy tail light swap. I kinda of like the "three clear lighted bars" look on the bottom of our tail lights though...i don't even know what you call it, but I guess some of you might know what I am talking about. Keeping those with the LED tail lights would be nice.
__________________
jet black 335i, 6MT manual, black interior with silver aluminum trim, PP, SP.
gqmd is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2009, 10:48 PM   #159
gqmd
Chemo Doc
 
Drives: e92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maryland/DC

Posts: 468
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
I don't know either, but I'd venture to say no on both.
The N54 is still a pretty new engine and doubtful they'll dump the new N55 into the 3 series until after it's made it's debut in other higher end models first.
That means 2011 for other models and probably 2012 at earliest for the 3 series (and 2013 for the 1 series). That's the dates the 3 and 1 series are due for complete new model makeovers with new designation.

The other option would be that the N55 won't debut in the 3 series until the new M3 with the Turbocharged 6 makes it's entrance.
As I've said for over a year now, that'll probably be a 3.3-3.5 liter 6 with two twin scroll turbochargers making 425-435 hp and 400+ lbs feet of torque in a car that's hopefully 100-150 lbs lighter than the e92 M3.

BMW's two mistakes for 2010 is not making the e92 the LCI facelifted version and not (apparently) putting the DCT in the car as an option either.
The e92 has been out since August 2006, why on earth are they only doing VERY minor facelift to the 2010 model with not even one semi-major upgrade? Bad choice on BMW's part.
That's because they care about us e92 owners...we don't want our e92's looking too outdated yet
__________________
jet black 335i, 6MT manual, black interior with silver aluminum trim, PP, SP.
gqmd is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2009, 12:12 AM   #160
vase330
Colonel
 
vase330's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i ; 14 RangeRover SSC
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Arlington, Va

Posts: 2,676
iTrader: (1)

I love my car just as is. The mirrors are too small, but if I had to choose the new ones or mine, I'd pick mine. Cars just seem to get a little bit uyglier with time. Is it just me or what?
__________________
E92 335 | Space Gray | Saddle Brown Dakota | Dark Burl Trim | ZPP | ZSP | AT | Idrive | 6FL | FBO | Dinan CAI | Quaife LSD | STG3 PROCede.
vase330 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2009, 12:39 AM   #161
NeTWorKz
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: any
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada

Posts: 313
iTrader: (0)

Whoa more HP!

Do you think the 2010 E90 335i's will produce 326hp as well?
NeTWorKz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2009, 03:19 AM   #162
JackFu
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 E92 LCI 328i
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Durham/Chapel Hill NC

Posts: 225
iTrader: (3)

Oh my the hideous mirrors....
if i ever pick up one of those i HAVE to retrofit the older mirrors on
JackFu is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2009, 04:05 AM   #163
idyll
Private First Class
 
Drives: BMW 328i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: FL

Posts: 140
iTrader: (0)

those are some huge mirrors
idyll is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2009, 04:14 AM   #164
Levi
Brigadier General
 
Levi's Avatar
 
Drives: Alfa Romeo
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Germany

Posts: 3,167
iTrader: (0)

The BMW 1 Hatch (5/3 door) will get in september in the 130i the new engine of the Z4 sDrive30i (N53: 258 hp) instead of the actual one (N52: 265 hp) . The reason for that is that the N53 of the Z4 reaches Euro5 Norm but that of the 130i Euro4 Norm. I'am sure that the 335i/135i will also put the new N55 (single-turbo), for it has better millage, but we shall only see it in either in March 2010 for the LCI (in which I do not believe any more for I think it will come in September 2009) or in September 2010. The next M3 will come with twin-turbos on I6. And the next 1 will not have any 6 cylinders anymore, I think you all know it, it was told many times. Well and I'am sure the LCI will come in September and not in March, it is to early to see the car testing, its not a new model, its only corrected. If it really came out in March we would see these spyshots only in January. And I do not think there will be 2 facelifts, on these photos we can clearly see that it has new headlights, taillights, bumpers and mirros. Or am I wrong, will they test the LCI for more than 6 months? (The new X3 will be revealed in December, but we have no info at all: 4 months left for all testing of a new model with new platform -F25-)
Levi is online now   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2009, 04:30 AM   #165
John 070
Lieutenant General
 
Drives: 335i cpe
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ZSP/ZPP/ZCW

Posts: 11,409
iTrader: (0)

Usually, I'm all for new and improved, or simply evolved/improved. But with what BMW has done to the price tags across the board, I'm glad to have been an early adopter/first on the block. Will there be a new HPFP reliability option, ZRO?

I configured an X5 online like the loaner I got, and it was over 60k. The thing was barely faster than a slug, at that price??
John 070 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2009, 04:56 AM   #166
Bimmer325
Major
 
Bimmer325's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E90 325i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: MY

Posts: 1,167
iTrader: (1)

unlike 3er, too many things to change to convert to LCi...$$$
__________________
325i Arctics M-Sport, Gray Leather with Alu Trim, ///M DCT Paddleshift, ///M Gear Knob, BBS LM-R 19", Michelin PS2, KW V2, H&R Anti Roll Bars, BMW Performance Air Intake System, 3D Front Lip, ACS Roof Spoiler, OEM Boot Spoiler, Osram 6000K, Brex White Ring, PIAA 6200K HID Fog, PIAA License Plate LED, BMS Powerbox
Bimmer325 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2009, 04:58 AM   #167
Antinontoxic
Lieutenant
 
Antinontoxic's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW Z4 35i DKG M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Finland

Posts: 501
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
The BMW 1 Hatch (5/3 door) will get in september in the 130i the new engine of the Z4 sDrive30i (N53: 258 hp) instead of the actual one (N52: 265 hp) .
From September 330i E9x models will also get this same engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
I'am sure that the 335i/135i will also put the new N55 (single-turbo), for it has better millage, but we shall only see it in either in March 2010 for the LCI (in which I do not believe any more for I think it will come in September 2009) or in September 2010.
335i will get slightly more power in the facelift, which will happen in March 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
And the next 1 will not have any 6 cylinders anymore, I think you all know it, it was told many times. Well and I'am sure the LCI will come in September and not in March, it is to early to see the car testing, its not a new model, its only corrected. If it really came out in March we would see these spyshots only in January..
Next 1-series will for sure have 6 cylinders... as it will have turbos and xDrive = 135i xDrive.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
And I do not think there will be 2 facelifts, on these photos we can clearly see that it has new headlights, taillights, bumpers and mirros. Or am I wrong, will they test the LCI for more than 6 months? (The new X3 will be revealed in December, but we have no info at all: 4 months left for all testing of a new model with new platform -F25-)
There will not be two facelifts. In September E9x will get some new parts, but not a full facelift until March 2010.

And yes... you can bet that the testing takes longer than 6 months.
Antinontoxic is offline   Finland
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2009, 09:07 AM   #168
Sp82
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Sp82's Avatar
 
Drives: F32 435/F25 X3 LCI
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 1,872
iTrader: (0)

this article on Germancarfans.com


"Both models will exhibit these changes when unveiled in September."
Sp82 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2009, 09:41 AM   #169
me90kreuz
Major
 
me90kreuz's Avatar
 
Drives: TiAg E90 - SOLD
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 1,268
iTrader: (0)

me90kreuz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2009, 09:53 AM   #170
Sp82
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Sp82's Avatar
 
Drives: F32 435/F25 X3 LCI
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 1,872
iTrader: (0)

yet another article showing this as Sept. honestly I dont know what to believe..it seems so back and forth--im crossing fingers for Sept.

from bimmerfile.com


"E92/E93 3 Series Facelift Coming into Focus
Sections: E90 3 Series Aug 4th, 2009 8 Comments

Like the E90 before it, BMW is working on refreshing E92 and E93 3 series Coupe and Convertible with front and rear facia tweaks, LED lighting and larger mirrors. These photos come from Bimmerpost and are the first that weve seen that show how close these cars are to launching.

Additionally we expect BMWs latest update to the twin turbo inline 3.0L engine to make its way to these models. With around 326 hp through improved engine management, the updated engines will soon make their way across the entire range.

Look for the cars to debut this fall."
Sp82 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2009, 10:59 AM   #171
nate82
Private
 
nate82's Avatar
 
Drives: like John Force
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Hamburg, NY

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
those are some ugly ass mirrors!
+1
Lets get rid of the sleek aerodynamic mirrors and replace them with mirrors we had left over from an suv.
nate82 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2009, 11:34 AM   #172
gqmd
Chemo Doc
 
Drives: e92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maryland/DC

Posts: 468
iTrader: (0)

With all these diff speculations now, I guess we won't really know until a press release from BMW.
__________________
jet black 335i, 6MT manual, black interior with silver aluminum trim, PP, SP.
gqmd is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2009, 11:48 AM   #173
Antinontoxic
Lieutenant
 
Antinontoxic's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW Z4 35i DKG M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Finland

Posts: 501
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqmd View Post
With all these diff speculations now, I guess we won't really know until a press release from BMW.
If it would happen in September, that is less than 4 weeks away, for sure we would be able to order LCI E92 with all the new options (i.e. colours).

If you think that the X1 production starts in Septemnber as well, and we have seen the official pictures weeks ago. It would make no sense to reveal the official LCI E92 pictures only couple of days before the actual production starts.

Yes, we might see the official pictures of LCI E92 in September for example, but all I know for sure, is that the new model codes for E92 start from 03/10 production.

Last edited by Antinontoxic; 08-06-2009 at 02:43 AM.
Antinontoxic is offline   Finland
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2009, 11:53 AM   #174
Weaselboy
Major
 
Weaselboy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i F30 Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SoCal USA

Posts: 1,089
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antinontoxic View Post
There will not be two facelifts. In September E9x will get some new parts, but not a full facelift until March 2010.

And yes... you can bet that the testing takes longer than 6 months.
I have to agree with you on this one. We have already seen a Canadian ordering guide for 2010 MY and there is no mention of the LCI changes. Being just a few weeks away from start of production for MY 2010, we would have heard more info on this if the LCI was planned for September. JMHO.
Weaselboy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2009, 11:58 AM   #175
David1
Colonel
 
David1's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: City With No Room For Ludicris Speed!

Posts: 2,523
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeTWorKz View Post
Whoa more HP!

Do you think the 2010 E90 335i's will produce 326hp as well?
The gas motors are all the same. The diesels will get more power overseas.
__________________
09 335i Coupe LBM - Black Dakota/Glacier aluminum-6spd|Nav|M-Sport|Premium|Logic7|Heated Seats|CA|BMW Performance Suspension & M3 Control Arms|M3 lip spoiler|Avant Garde M510 Wheels
07 335 coupe - Sold
David1 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2009, 11:59 AM   #176
GQ 335i
Lieutenant
 
Drives: Thinking
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boostlandia

Posts: 417
iTrader: (0)

Not feeling.
__________________
GQ. Look Sharp // Live Smart
GQ 335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST