E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Want to buy coils for my e90 335, wich ones?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-05-2009, 11:49 AM   #1
Bomis
Captain
 
Bomis's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sweden

Posts: 990
iTrader: (1)

Want to buy coils for my e90 335, wich ones?

Hi!

My budget is around 1500$ shipped, wich coils should i get? Im stage 3 (almost) will recive my helix soon Its my daily driver by the way and i want to improve the handling and want to have a nice drop and some dampening options and it must be in stainless steel due to the winters we have here in Sweden.

KW, FK, Bilstein???

So please people with knowledge around this chime in and of course you sponsors are welcome to give me the best deal a can get shipped to zip 147 33, Sweden
__________________


EURO E92 M3 2008 6MT Interlagos ///Fully Loaded! Evolve-R ECU Flash/Gintani Sport Exhaust/MS Stg2 Intake Kit/H&R Springs/MS 18/15 mm spacers/Bmw Perf. Grills/Gloss Black side gills/LCI Tails/LUX V3's/RD license plate leds
Bomis is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2009, 01:02 PM   #2
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
 
Drives: BMW Duh
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Santa Clara

Posts: 17,022
iTrader: (13)

Send a message via AIM to SV Concepts III
KW V2 gets my vote. They are one of the more popular coilover setups on the forum and what we run on our cars here. They have a solid range of adjustment and offer individual height and dampening settings.
SV Concepts III is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #3
Bomis
Captain
 
Bomis's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sweden

Posts: 990
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
KW V2 gets my vote. They are one of the more popular coilover setups on the forum and what we run on our cars here. They have a solid range of adjustment and offer individual height and dampening settings.
Thanks Nick, can you please pm me your best offer inc shipping thanks!
__________________


EURO E92 M3 2008 6MT Interlagos ///Fully Loaded! Evolve-R ECU Flash/Gintani Sport Exhaust/MS Stg2 Intake Kit/H&R Springs/MS 18/15 mm spacers/Bmw Perf. Grills/Gloss Black side gills/LCI Tails/LUX V3's/RD license plate leds
Bomis is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2009, 02:14 PM   #4
ModBargains.com
Banned
 
Drives: JB E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 1721 E. Lambert Rd #C, La Habra, CA 90631

Posts: 13,594
iTrader: (51)

KW V2's would be optimal for you - allow you to adjust your dampening. I am considering that you are just using them on the street, so they will be perfect.

KW V3's are going to give you more adjustability - so depending if you need it or plan on tracking often then those would be the ones I would recommend to you.

PSS10's will be similar to the V2's for you - I prefer the KW V2's however if you are looking for the best performance and value.
ModBargains.com is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2009, 03:01 PM   #5
Bomis
Captain
 
Bomis's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sweden

Posts: 990
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********s.com View Post
KW V2's would be optimal for you - allow you to adjust your dampening. I am considering that you are just using them on the street, so they will be perfect.

KW V3's are going to give you more adjustability - so depending if you need it or plan on tracking often then those would be the ones I would recommend to you.

PSS10's will be similar to the V2's for you - I prefer the KW V2's however if you are looking for the best performance and value.
Thanks, can you please pm me the best offer you can give me shipped to sweden, zip 147 33 on those v2's? thanks
__________________


EURO E92 M3 2008 6MT Interlagos ///Fully Loaded! Evolve-R ECU Flash/Gintani Sport Exhaust/MS Stg2 Intake Kit/H&R Springs/MS 18/15 mm spacers/Bmw Perf. Grills/Gloss Black side gills/LCI Tails/LUX V3's/RD license plate leds
Bomis is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2009, 03:02 PM   #6
Bomis
Captain
 
Bomis's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sweden

Posts: 990
iTrader: (1)

But how do the FK Silverline X Coilover Kit stand against the kw v2's?? You have the same options on them regarding lowering and dampening, right?
__________________


EURO E92 M3 2008 6MT Interlagos ///Fully Loaded! Evolve-R ECU Flash/Gintani Sport Exhaust/MS Stg2 Intake Kit/H&R Springs/MS 18/15 mm spacers/Bmw Perf. Grills/Gloss Black side gills/LCI Tails/LUX V3's/RD license plate leds
Bomis is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2009, 03:22 PM   #7
SV Concepts
 
SV Concepts's Avatar
 
Drives: Vorsteiner E60 M5
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: 1460 White Oaks Rd. Suite F. Campbell, CA 95008

Posts: 5,869
iTrader: (10)

They're very similar... actually almost the same. But I've had both and I like my KW's a lot more. They just feel a lot better. Don't know how to explain it, since I don't know the spring rates of the FK's.
JL
SV Concepts is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2009, 03:24 PM   #8
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
 
Drives: BMW Duh
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Santa Clara

Posts: 17,022
iTrader: (13)

Send a message via AIM to SV Concepts III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomis View Post
Thanks Nick, can you please pm me your best offer inc shipping thanks!
Just sent you a PM Michael
SV Concepts III is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #9
Bomis
Captain
 
Bomis's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sweden

Posts: 990
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
Just sent you a PM Michael
thanks
__________________


EURO E92 M3 2008 6MT Interlagos ///Fully Loaded! Evolve-R ECU Flash/Gintani Sport Exhaust/MS Stg2 Intake Kit/H&R Springs/MS 18/15 mm spacers/Bmw Perf. Grills/Gloss Black side gills/LCI Tails/LUX V3's/RD license plate leds
Bomis is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2009, 04:18 PM   #10
ModBargains.com
Banned
 
Drives: JB E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 1721 E. Lambert Rd #C, La Habra, CA 90631

Posts: 13,594
iTrader: (51)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomis View Post
Thanks, can you please pm me the best offer you can give me shipped to sweden, zip 147 33 on those v2's? thanks
Sent you a quote
ModBargains.com is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2009, 04:40 PM   #11
Bomis
Captain
 
Bomis's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sweden

Posts: 990
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********s.com View Post
Sent you a quote
Thanks Ron!
__________________


EURO E92 M3 2008 6MT Interlagos ///Fully Loaded! Evolve-R ECU Flash/Gintani Sport Exhaust/MS Stg2 Intake Kit/H&R Springs/MS 18/15 mm spacers/Bmw Perf. Grills/Gloss Black side gills/LCI Tails/LUX V3's/RD license plate leds
Bomis is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2009, 06:15 PM   #12
david @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
david @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Anaheim

Posts: 4,056
iTrader: (5)

KW is certainly great way to go. Sending you a PM as well
david @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2009, 04:56 AM   #13
Bomis
Captain
 
Bomis's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sweden

Posts: 990
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurrian @ eas View Post
KW is certainly great way to go. Sending you a PM as well
thanks!
__________________


EURO E92 M3 2008 6MT Interlagos ///Fully Loaded! Evolve-R ECU Flash/Gintani Sport Exhaust/MS Stg2 Intake Kit/H&R Springs/MS 18/15 mm spacers/Bmw Perf. Grills/Gloss Black side gills/LCI Tails/LUX V3's/RD license plate leds
Bomis is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2009, 02:23 PM   #14
m-technik
Captain
 
m-technik's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335, E36 Ti, Porsche 986
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada

Posts: 787
iTrader: (0)

I've been running KW v2s for about 2 months now and im really happy with them. Great range of height and dampening adjustability.
__________________
Monaco Blue E92 335 - i-Forged Senekas, KW V2 Coilovers, OEM Bmw Aero lip, AFE DCI, LUX H8
Lapis Blue Porsche 986 -Aero kit, 996 5-spoke wheels
Jet Black E36 Ti - E36 M3 drivetrain, Full M-Tech, H&R Coilovers, 3.73 LSD, M-Clubsport interior and much more...
m-technik is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2009, 03:41 PM   #15
Ray
Member
 
Ray's Avatar
 
Drives: three series
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: sfCA

Posts: 22,825
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlevi SW View Post
They're very similar... actually almost the same. But I've had both and I like my KW's a lot more. They just feel a lot better. Don't know how to explain it, since I don't know the spring rates of the FK's.
JL
Can you please elaborate on this?
Ray is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #16
SV Concepts
 
SV Concepts's Avatar
 
Drives: Vorsteiner E60 M5
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: 1460 White Oaks Rd. Suite F. Campbell, CA 95008

Posts: 5,869
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Can you please elaborate on this?
Well, I haven't researched the E92 ones, but for the E46 they use the exact same part number from Koni, and the spring perches are indistinguishable except for the difference in color. The systems are VIRTUALLY the same except I am not sure about spring rates, as stated earlier. FK is known for not producing their own products (then again, neither do many many companies like AC Schnitzer etc) so I wouldn't be surprised if KW was private-labeling systems for them. But I base that off no hard evidence.

I'm sure you could compare side by side and I have a feeling that the FK system would be virtually the same thing. With that said, I still chose KW on my own car
SV Concepts is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2009, 04:26 PM   #17
Ray
Member
 
Ray's Avatar
 
Drives: three series
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: sfCA

Posts: 22,825
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlevi SW View Post
Well, I haven't researched the E92 ones, but for the E46 they use the exact same part number from Koni, and the spring perches are indistinguishable except for the difference in color. The systems are VIRTUALLY the same except I am not sure about spring rates, as stated earlier. FK is known for not producing their own products (then again, neither do many many companies like AC Schnitzer etc) so I wouldn't be surprised if KW was private-labeling systems for them. But I base that off no hard evidence.

I'm sure you could compare side by side and I have a feeling that the FK system would be virtually the same thing. With that said, I still chose KW on my own car
Please excuse my curiosity, for I've never driven in a FK equipped vehicle before.

You mentioned that the KW "feels" better than the other, and that you "like it a lot more." From your ownership experience, what quality or feature convinces you to prefer one brand over another? "Spring rate" was mentioned on a couple occasions. Am I safe to assume either comfort or stability differentiates the brands?

Thanks for your time.
Ray is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2009, 04:55 PM   #18
RxBMW
Private
 
Drives: BMW 328 M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PUERTO RICO

Posts: 89
iTrader: (1)

Please PM price for KW V2 but send to 00737. Thanks.
RxBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2009, 05:07 PM   #19
david @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
david @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Anaheim

Posts: 4,056
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxBMW View Post
Please PM price for KW V2 but send to 00737. Thanks.
PM on the way!
david @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2009, 05:38 PM   #20
Ray
Member
 
Ray's Avatar
 
Drives: three series
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: sfCA

Posts: 22,825
iTrader: (0)

Jon, I don't mean to single you out.

My question is open to any vendor that has first hand experience with both brands, and you, so far, appear as the only candidate. I'm sure this forum and all the members can benefit from a comparison.
Ray is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2009, 06:07 PM   #21
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
 
Drives: BMW Duh
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Santa Clara

Posts: 17,022
iTrader: (13)

Send a message via AIM to SV Concepts III
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxBMW View Post
Please PM price for KW V2 but send to 00737. Thanks.
Sent over a PM
SV Concepts III is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2009, 06:09 PM   #22
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
 
Drives: BMW Duh
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Santa Clara

Posts: 17,022
iTrader: (13)

Send a message via AIM to SV Concepts III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Jon, I don't mean to single you out.

My question is open to any vendor that has first hand experience with both brands, and you, so far, appear as the only candidate. I'm sure this forum and all the members can benefit from a comparison.
Ray,

Having driven Jon's old car and now his 335 with V2s and my 135 with V2s, I found the different to be in the comfort and handling. The V2s give the car a stable feel throughout the corner and is no where near as harsh as the FKs. The FKs felt like a serious coilover, it was bumpy and quite aggressive. The V2s, on the other hand, give the car a solid and firm feel. You feel more bumps in the road over the factory setup but it's not bone jarring. Rather than a rock your bones ride, it's a solid thud thud over bumps.

We daily drive both cars with the V2s and regularly take them on trips to LA and Vegas. While I wish there was an autobahn to get there faster, we had no issues riding in either car for 19 hours round trip. I got several naps in and was able to work without having my laptop fly up in my face
SV Concepts III is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST