E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > True Terra pictures

08-02-2005, 04:08 AM   #1
Tierfreund
Major
Rep

Drives: E90 330i

True Terra pictures

Being unhappy with most terra pcitures circulating on the Web, I took out my old Canon AE-1 and took some analogue pictures. Even digitized now, these seem to me to be the best representation of how terra look IRL. Please feel free to comment or add your own terra pictures.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-02-2005, 04:09 AM   #2
Tierfreund
Major
Rep

More
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-02-2005, 06:10 AM   #3
kchika
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E36 M3 Evo, E46 M3

Great pics...is that a new headunit i see? looks different.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2005, 06:12 AM   #4
Tierfreund
Major
Rep

Itīs an aftermarket Radio / Navigation Headunit.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2005, 06:14 AM   #5
AssassinGT
///Andrew Alewine
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2000 323Ci, 2007 335i

Send a message via ICQ to AssassinGT Send a message via AIM to AssassinGT Send a message via MSN to AssassinGT Send a message via Yahoo to AssassinGT Send a message via Skype™ to AssassinGT
lol I dunno how you did it, but with those pictures you somehow made your car look like a small toy in some pictures. Interesting.

Anyways nice interior.

Click Signature for Deviantart
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2005, 06:23 AM   #6
Tierfreund
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AssassinGT
lol I dunno how you did it, but with those pictures you somehow made your car look like a small toy in some pictures. Interesting.

Anyways nice interior.
Not intentionally, but a nice thought. Iīd like to take that toy up to my bedroom at night and hide it under my bed
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2005, 06:51 AM   #7
iiotoko
Rep

Drives: E90 - 330i (S/P)

ALPINE WHITE ???

How would Tara look with Alpine White? Opinions appreciated...

Also, what colour wood? Dark or the lighter popler.

Thanks

MY 06 E90 - ED (Nov 05), Alpin Weiss, Tera, Sport / Premimum, Navigation, Comfort Access,
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2005, 07:47 AM   #8
06alpine325icm
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2006 alpine white

Send a message via AIM to 06alpine325icm
i think its soo ugly
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2005, 07:48 AM   #9
Mark
Administrator
United_States
Rep

Drives: 1M

Garage List
awesome combo!

and BTW, the pics in here answered my question from the other thread lol..

congrats very very distinguished combo

08-02-2005, 07:54 AM   #10
YYdoodle
Captain
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiotoko

Thanks
Search for posts by wish1 in the photo gallery, he's got that combo I think and he posted photos.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2005, 07:59 AM   #11
Tierfreund
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06alpine325icm
i think its soo ugly
fine with me. To each his own. Iīd rather have a combo that I like and many donīt than one that everybody agrees to be nice but I find boring.

So your opinion is respected and thank you for taking the time to comment.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2005, 08:04 AM   #12
YYdoodle
Captain
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06alpine325icm
i think its soo ugly
Are you looking at the same pictures we are? I think that looks awesome.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2005, 08:53 AM   #13
wish1
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: Lexus sc400

I agree, these are the most accurate representation of terra I've seen thus far. Looks great with walnut too. Overall, very classy combination. Thanks for the photos. Best with the car.
      08-02-2005, 12:18 PM   #14
Petercat
Cat Herder
United_States
Rep

Drives: LR3, again...

Quote:

Thanks
I forget who owns it, but there are pics of and Alpine with Terra, it is incredible. I like Terra with Alpine better than my Jet Black with Terra.

I believe the wood is Burl Walnut. I have the same combination and it is beautiful. (if I may say)

These are great pics though, they are the closest to Terra I've seen, mine always turn out Orange. I'll have to try some shots in the shade.
      08-02-2005, 01:33 PM   #15
RichP
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: V-Power

I have that exact same nav unit waiting for my car; did you install it yourself? Do the steering wheel controls work?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2005, 03:47 PM   #16
Tierfreund
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichP
I have that exact same nav unit waiting for my car; did you install it yourself? Do the steering wheel controls work?
Yes I did and yes, they do.
But youīll be up for some surprises during the install. The steering wheel controls are the easiest part. The electrics are a problem. For example: The power line is shut off 30 Minutes after the car is locked. So a non-factory radio will loose all settings.
And mechanical: The radio surrounding is a genuine BMW part and yet it wonīt fit unless you take out the complete bracket behind it and modify it with a saw.
But first: to get the factory unit out, youīll have to get the climate controls out and that is a pain. The first time took me two hours.

Welll, I guess the whole affair took me about 10 hourse to iron out all the wrinkles. But at least, doning it myself meant I know that itīs now done proper.
And then thereīs the story where I soldered in 68 new SMD-LEDīs to make the Becker units display colour match the other displays of the car (orange while the Becker usually comes in red)....
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2005, 06:00 PM   #17
RichP
Major
United_States
Rep

Sorry guys to be taking this thread off topic for a minute...

Good to hear that they do. The unit I have is actually a gen1 traffic pro, nearly identical except for the computer specs. It is a BMW version of it, which means it glows orange. Granted, you have this thing in your car, but BMW makes a Becker/HK Indianapolis system (similar to a trafficpro) in Europe, and comes as a retrofit for the E90.

Do you know the part number and price of the install kit you used? I cant get one in the USA; so I am trying to locate one overseas.

BTW..the terra is nice; if I did a build-to-order rather than dealer locate, I would have opted for it as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2005, 06:33 PM   #18
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep

Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I dont think i could ever personally select terra as my interior. It looks totally unique on all your E90's. But, if i had to look at this interior every single day..eek.. i would probably go insane. Its looks purple in the very first pic.
However, if i was going to choose terra as my interior, i would choose alpine white for the exterior.
      08-02-2005, 11:24 PM   #19
kchika
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E36 M3 Evo, E46 M3

Quote:

Thanks
Alpine White/Terra.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=133

IMO Terra looks best with aluminum.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2005, 01:53 AM   #20
Tierfreund
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichP
Sorry guys to be taking this thread off topic for a minute...

Good to hear that they do. The unit I have is actually a gen1 traffic pro, nearly identical except for the computer specs. It is a BMW version of it, which means it glows orange. Granted, you have this thing in your car, but BMW makes a Becker/HK Indianapolis system (similar to a trafficpro) in Europe, and comes as a retrofit for the E90.

Do you know the part number and price of the install kit you used? I cant get one in the USA; so I am trying to locate one overseas.

BTW..the terra is nice; if I did a build-to-order rather than dealer locate, I would have opted for it as well.
I was tempted by the gen1 Traffic Pro by BMW (would have spared me the trouble with changing the LEDīs). But I wanted the faster navigation and more current software and maps of the (younger) aftermarket unit. The BMW Indianapolis btw. does imho not look nice in the E90 or any BMW because the display cannot be switched to negative (orange letters on black ground). Instead you allways have dark letters on a bright orange background (The accessories catalogue by BMW is wrong in that respect, it shows some kind of photoshop where there is bright lettering on dark background in the Indianapolis unit). I actually bought a BMW Indianapolis and was disapointed because of the display (otherwise the Indianapolis is far superior to the Traffic Pro. For example it can play MP3īs and WMAīs which the Traffic Pro canīt) So I sold the Indi and went to soldering the TP.

As for the install kit, BMW only sells a kit for the Indianapolis for the E90, not for the Traffic Pro. But Iīm not sure if there is any difference. And currently the only E90 kit the BMW can deliver is without support for the steering wheel. The part no for the kit without steering wheel support is 65 90 0 398 749

I didnīt get the kit, but only the plastic part the surrounds and holds the HU.
I went aftermarket for the CAN-BUS connector and the cable adaptors. But the aftermarket part (AIV) had some bugs, too (Antenna remote lead not connected, Illumination not via regulated lead from the radio plug but on/off from Can, Reverse signal not working). So I had to do some research into the wiring of the car myself until I got it all working.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2005, 08:59 AM   #21
RichP
Major
United_States
Rep

Im going to send you a PM to discuss this further.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2005, 12:02 PM   #22
Petercat
Cat Herder
United_States
Rep

Drives: LR3, again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
I dont think i could ever personally select terra as my interior. It looks totally unique on all your E90's. But, if i had to look at this interior every single day..eek.. i would probably go insane. Its looks purple in the very first pic.
However, if i was going to choose terra as my interior, i would choose alpine white for the exterior.
I totally understand where Bella is coming from. You really have to know you like Terra or you could be disappointed in the long run. I personally love Terra and it is what sold me on my car. I love the Terra over Jet Black and the two tone interior makes terra that much better. I'm trying to talk my wife into an e90 touring for her White over Terra, the only combination I like better. Or the 5 series with Auburn interior. Anybody know if auburn is close to terra?

I look down and admirer it on my way to work everyday. This e90 is my first car which made me wish my commute was longer (already 40 minutes).