E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Here is my turn for a teaser ;)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-26-2009, 10:40 AM   #23
Hedges
Major General
Hedges's Avatar
61
Rep
5,180
Posts

 
Drives: 12 C63 AMG
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (8)

Where you getting it installed? If you want i can introduce a place i always go there! He does the install and does alignment for you for good price! Very high tech 8 point sensor alignment equipment and all that stuff!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2009, 11:34 AM   #24
tolkino
Captain
tolkino's Avatar
10
Rep
821
Posts

 
Drives: '09 BSM E92 328i xDrive
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsboston View Post
SWEEET!!!

Can't wait to see your thoughts on road feel and handling with the Eibachs. I am about a month into my XI and this is one of the first major mods I will be doing over the next twelve months. Would be really nice if you could talk a bit about what you paid and what other options you were looking at before you bought these... I bought a set of Bilstein HDs for my vdub from RPI Equipped a few years back and those guys are great. Cheers!
Sure. Its been a couple months with Eibach's on my car. The drop is nice, its not slammed, just what the car needs. These springs are more comfortable compared to H&R's but one major thing you need to consider is the tires. I was regretting my decision (with Eibachs) everytime I drove my car in the crappy roads, especially on bumps, I felt every single one of them, and it was really harsh because of the RFT's.

Now that I switched to soft sidewall tires (Toyo T1R's), the feeling of the car has been completely changed. I can enjoy driving the car now, and I dont feel the bumps as much. It doesnt make a breaking sound everytime I hit a bump, I still feel them but its now more comfortable.

With the installation of this new shocks, I'm expecting to absorb the bumps better and the car will hopefully be more controlled in turns, making it a complete sport suspension.

Here is how my car looks with Eibach's with stock shocks;
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2009, 11:35 AM   #25
tolkino
Captain
tolkino's Avatar
10
Rep
821
Posts

 
Drives: '09 BSM E92 328i xDrive
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
Where you getting it installed? If you want i can introduce a place i always go there! He does the install and does alignment for you for good price! Very high tech 8 point sensor alignment equipment and all that stuff!
Bimmersport is going to install it, but which one is your place? How much do they charge for this and alignment?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2009, 11:40 AM   #26
tolkino
Captain
tolkino's Avatar
10
Rep
821
Posts

 
Drives: '09 BSM E92 328i xDrive
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lul77 View Post
Nice. How much did they run you?
Hey man,

These guys are located in Richmond, BC. The price I paid for the set is $870 CAD before taxes and shipping, which is $790 USD. But I'd check the prices with the distributors in the US as well.

Springs were kinda costly though since I bought them from US, with the brokerage, taxes, and shipping charges :/
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2009, 11:49 AM   #27
Hedges
Major General
Hedges's Avatar
61
Rep
5,180
Posts

 
Drives: 12 C63 AMG
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolkino View Post
Bimmersport is going to install it, but which one is your place? How much do they charge for this and alignment?
pm'd

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2009, 12:07 PM   #28
Madson
Private First Class
United_States
1
Rep
146
Posts

 
Drives: AW 335xi coupe
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bronx, NY

iTrader: (0)

wow nice cant wait for your review.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2009, 12:32 PM   #29
scooby9
Major
scooby9's Avatar
Canada
15
Rep
1,120
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E90 BMW 335xi
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolkino View Post
Hey man,

These guys are located in Richmond, BC. The price I paid for the set is $870 CAD before taxes and shipping, which is $790 USD. But I'd check the prices with the distributors in the US as well.

Springs were kinda costly though since I bought them from US, with the brokerage, taxes, and shipping charges :/
That's pretty good for a quality set of shocks. Your car looks great with the drop by the way.
__________________
2007 BMW 335xi 6MT TiAg
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2009, 12:49 PM   #30
jdsboston
Private First Class
jdsboston's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
123
Posts

 
Drives: 06 330xi MonacoBlue 6spdmanual
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330XI  [0.00]
Thumbs up THANKS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolkino View Post
Sure. Its been a couple months with Eibach's on my car. The drop is nice, its not slammed, just what the car needs. These springs are more comfortable compared to H&R's but one major thing you need to consider is the tires. I was regretting my decision (with Eibachs) everytime I drove my car in the crappy roads, especially on bumps, I felt every single one of them, and it was really harsh because of the RFT's.

Now that I switched to soft sidewall tires (Toyo T1R's), the feeling of the car has been completely changed. I can enjoy driving the car now, and I dont feel the bumps as much. It doesnt make a breaking sound everytime I hit a bump, I still feel them but its now more comfortable.

With the installation of this new shocks, I'm expecting to absorb the bumps better and the car will hopefully be more controlled in turns, making it a complete sport suspension.

Here is how my car looks with Eibach's with stock shocks;
Man. Just man. That sounds like the perfect upgrade and thanks for the update on the RFTs. I have been suspicious of them from day one and want them off ASAP. Guess I am just gonna have to (turn off DST) and drive them off. Your ride height and (lack of) wheel gap = perfection.

/Josh
__________________
Bought my 06 330xi in mid-09 - 6MT / MonacoBlue / 162 18s / ~55K
Still gotta tame the high riding bigfoot suspension
~ I'm new to Seattle so pls drop a PM. BMW CCA#424403
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2009, 11:43 AM   #31
tolkino
Captain
tolkino's Avatar
10
Rep
821
Posts

 
Drives: '09 BSM E92 328i xDrive
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (1)

I'm getting it installed at the moment, review soon!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2009, 12:57 PM   #32
Hedges
Major General
Hedges's Avatar
61
Rep
5,180
Posts

 
Drives: 12 C63 AMG
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (8)

lol Did you end up going to buddy?

Put some pics up!!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2009, 01:50 PM   #33
tolkino
Captain
tolkino's Avatar
10
Rep
821
Posts

 
Drives: '09 BSM E92 328i xDrive
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (1)

Man I called those guys but I had hard time speaking english with them and the phone was breaking, they weren't able to give me a price on the phone.
Still at Bimmersport now, should be done soon
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2009, 08:45 PM   #34
jdsboston
Private First Class
jdsboston's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
123
Posts

 
Drives: 06 330xi MonacoBlue 6spdmanual
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330XI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolkino View Post
I'm getting it installed at the moment, review soon!
how did it go?
__________________
Bought my 06 330xi in mid-09 - 6MT / MonacoBlue / 162 18s / ~55K
Still gotta tame the high riding bigfoot suspension
~ I'm new to Seattle so pls drop a PM. BMW CCA#424403
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2009, 08:40 PM   #35
Madson
Private First Class
United_States
1
Rep
146
Posts

 
Drives: AW 335xi coupe
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bronx, NY

iTrader: (0)

Review!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2009, 10:42 PM   #36
DESI4life10
Banned
DESI4life10's Avatar
Canada
47
Rep
3,365
Posts

 
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West of Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (18)

Damn man, your doing some great stuff to your car.

Can't wait to hear your story.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2009, 11:24 PM   #37
ium3
Lieutenant Colonel
ium3's Avatar
30
Rep
1,825
Posts

 
Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Btown IN/ Indonesia

iTrader: (21)

Nice...you finally getting the shocks that you've been waiting for so long
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2009, 01:13 AM   #38
tolkino
Captain
tolkino's Avatar
10
Rep
821
Posts

 
Drives: '09 BSM E92 328i xDrive
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (1)

Hey guys, I updated my post in the first page!!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2009, 01:14 AM   #39
tolkino
Captain
tolkino's Avatar
10
Rep
821
Posts

 
Drives: '09 BSM E92 328i xDrive
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESI4life10 View Post
Damn man, your doing some great stuff to your car.

Can't wait to hear your story.
So are you man
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2009, 01:18 AM   #40
tolkino
Captain
tolkino's Avatar
10
Rep
821
Posts

 
Drives: '09 BSM E92 328i xDrive
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU328xi View Post
Nice...you finally getting the shocks that you've been waiting for so long
Yeah man big props to you for sharing your experience with basically every suspension mod you did to your car :P
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2009, 06:00 PM   #41
DESI4life10
Banned
DESI4life10's Avatar
Canada
47
Rep
3,365
Posts

 
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West of Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolkino View Post
So are you man
hehe Thanks man.

I just bought something else that will keep me busy for a while. I am doing a Halogen-Xenon project for my car. Got everything, but need to do some work on the drivers side headlight.
This is definately my last mod for some time.

I am debating if I should take a ride in your car or not (lets see performance exhaust and blistein shocks = more money I gotta spend because it sounds and looks soo good )

But I definately want to check this mod out in your car. You going to the meet next month, September 6?

Great review by the way, keep us updated
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2009, 08:04 PM   #42
jdsboston
Private First Class
jdsboston's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
123
Posts

 
Drives: 06 330xi MonacoBlue 6spdmanual
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330XI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolkino View Post
Sorry for the late review, I had to drive the car around for a while before I do this. Here is what happened with my car, after switching to Eibach pro kit springs (for i) I felt uncomfortable every time I drove my car. After every bump I hit, I could feel the impact really harsh. I was wondering what would be the reason for this, and I honestly thought I should go back to stock even though I hated the stock ride quality. Then I figured those RFTs are a big trouble and switched to comfortable Toyo T1R's.

The ride quality greatly improved, the new tires are not noisy at all compared to stock, and they're much comfortable. Bumps and cracks are absorbed well and it doesnt make a breaking sound when you hit them. You still feel them but its nothing compared to before. The ride was a bit bumpy since the springs didnt coordinate well with the stock (non-sport) shocks.

The install for Bilstein shocks took kinda longer than I expected, around 6 hours. And I had no time for the alignment. I will be getting it done early next week since all the places are packed for now. Overall, it gives you the feeling that shocks are working better now compared to stock, when you are making turns and overall driving. It is not overly firm, i think its because the drop of Eibach's is not too low compared to H&R's, i like it because I still want to keep it comfortable, plus the car doesn't look slammed. You feel the road a tad bit more with this setup, but it doesn't make it uncomfortable. Smooth roads are still smooth, uneven crappy roads you still feel them but that's expected anyways. The bumps are absorbed a little better, although it is not totally different than eibachs + stock shocks + Toyo's. Bouncy feeling is greatly reduced compared to before.

I think this setup is for people who don't want their car to handle like a gokart, and who will not bother adjusting the ride height all the time. The car looks lower than "i models" but there is still a little wheel gap. This is what I mean when I say the car is not slammed. The drop of Eibach is 1.0" Front and 0.7" Rear.

I don't know how much change there will be in terms of ride quality after the alignment but I will keep posting here and answer any questions as I drive more.

I will take some pics from the side and post them up soon!
thanks for writing up your experience. look forward to some pics and would love to hear more about how it handles on the curves and turns once you're aligned.
__________________
Bought my 06 330xi in mid-09 - 6MT / MonacoBlue / 162 18s / ~55K
Still gotta tame the high riding bigfoot suspension
~ I'm new to Seattle so pls drop a PM. BMW CCA#424403
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 12:05 AM   #43
tolkino
Captain
tolkino's Avatar
10
Rep
821
Posts

 
Drives: '09 BSM E92 328i xDrive
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESI4life10 View Post
hehe Thanks man.

I just bought something else that will keep me busy for a while. I am doing a Halogen-Xenon project for my car. Got everything, but need to do some work on the drivers side headlight.
This is definately my last mod for some time.

I am debating if I should take a ride in your car or not (lets see performance exhaust and blistein shocks = more money I gotta spend because it sounds and looks soo good )

But I definately want to check this mod out in your car. You going to the meet next month, September 6?

Great review by the way, keep us updated
I was actually going to suggest the same thing, I will try to make it to the next meet. That would be probably the best time for this
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 04:47 PM   #44
Prowess Symphony
Major General
Prowess Symphony's Avatar
United_States
96
Rep
5,860
Posts

 
Drives: ///Mistress
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: WV

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
So you got these shocks and paired them with the eibach pro springs? With the price your reaching coilover territory, but i think you said you dont want to adjust the height.

Pics!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST