E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Lowering and Swaybars

10-19-2014, 08:42 PM   #1
Agentphish
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: '08 328i

Lowering and Swaybars

So I have an 08 328i sedan and I know there's not much to do from a speed increase standpoint, and I'm ok with that.

I want to replace suspension/lower, and also do F and R sway bars. Looking for a good blend of comfort and handling.

I was thinking ST Coilovers because from what I've read and heard on here and from my neighbor who had them on his R32, they are great. However, I have really not ever looked into sway bars at all. My neighbor is a euro mechanic, primarily works on Audi/VW/Porsche but they do service BMW and other euro brands at his shop as well.

He's willing to help me out at home so I'm looking to see what you guys suggest in the way of sway bars for my car?

Also open to other suspension suggestions for things to replace while we would be doing the work. I have a non-sport stock suspension with 60K on it so if there's bushings and crap like that to replace might as well do it while it's all apart.
      10-22-2014, 06:22 PM   #2
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, Quaife, Stoptech, Vorshlag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentphish View Post
So I have an 08 328i sedan and I know there's not much to do from a speed increase standpoint, and I'm ok with that.

I want to replace suspension/lower, and also do F and R sway bars. Looking for a good blend of comfort and handling.

I was thinking ST Coilovers because from what I've read and heard on here and from my neighbor who had them on his R32, they are great. However, I have really not ever looked into sway bars at all. My neighbor is a euro mechanic, primarily works on Audi/VW/Porsche but they do service BMW and other euro brands at his shop as well.

He's willing to help me out at home so I'm looking to see what you guys suggest in the way of sway bars for my car?

Also open to other suspension suggestions for things to replace while we would be doing the work. I have a non-sport stock suspension with 60K on it so if there's bushings and crap like that to replace might as well do it while it's all apart.
Replace your upper mounts and check the thrust arm bushings. If the thrust arm bushings are leaking(they are hydraulic), replace them.
Appreciate 0