E90Post

MINHS Auto Care Center

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > downpipes catless or catted whp difference?

09-11-2009, 11:16 AM   #23
ar design

Drives: '86 325ES+S50, '01 TT QC

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ar design Send a message via MSN to ar design Send a message via Yahoo to ar design
I personally have not experimented with the JB3 and our catted downpipes. Terry might be able to answer that question better than I.
ar design is offline   United_States
      09-11-2009, 01:39 PM   #24
vase330
Colonel

Drives: E92 335i ; 14 RangeRover SSC

Check your PM. Need GB info..
      09-11-2009, 02:07 PM   #25
cstavaru
Brigadier General

Drives: 2009 335i M Sport Sedan 6MT

I would like to build my own downpipes by replacing the stock catalysts with race catalysts (with the goal of remaining as OEM as possible and not losing the stock downpipes flexible mountings), but I need to know for sure which race catalytic converters I should use. I read that many aftermarket catted downpipes cause SES lights, so they are basically useless if you still have to use O2 sensor simulators. Does anyone have a professional opinion on this ? I mean, what type of catalysts are the stock ones ? How many CPS ? What other parameters I should know about them ?
      09-11-2009, 04:48 PM   #26
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel

Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330d E91 LCI

Garage List
2009 335i  [4.39]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstavaru View Post
I would like to build my own downpipes by replacing the stock catalysts with race catalysts (with the goal of remaining as OEM as possible and not losing the stock downpipes flexible mountings), but I need to know for sure which race catalytic converters I should use. I read that many aftermarket catted downpipes cause SES lights, so they are basically useless if you still have to use O2 sensor simulators. Does anyone have a professional opinion on this ? I mean, what type of catalysts are the stock ones ? How many CPS ? What other parameters I should know about them ?
The German company HJS offers 200 cell tuning cats that also fit the 335i. They're TÜV compliant, so you'll have no worries about emission testing or SES lights. They're not cheap, however - I think I remember 300-400 EUR (for one, and you'll need two). You can do even better and get the race version (no TÜV for that, however) which cost around 700 EUR.

Alpina_B3_Lux